FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Laptop Adapter Questions (volts, amps, watts, etc)

Post Date: 2012-03-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoeVideo View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JoeVideo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Laptop Adapter Questions (volts, amps, watts, etc)
    Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 9:52am
Laptop Adapter Questions (volts, amps, watts, etc)

Have a Digital Storm gaming rig for video editing, big screen viewing, ultra fast processing, etc...

Needed a 17" semi-generic, semi-high-end laptop strictly for website creation, downloading/uploading large files, e-mail, as a "beater", writing, leaving on for extended periods, take on the drone tasks too mundane to waste my DS rig on, etc...

Being as this the brainiest, yet most commonsensical computer forum I've encountered, I figured someone here has the knowhow to finally help me out a little...

Already read all kind of posts, with all kinds of equations, all kinds of answers and all kinds of theories... nothing definitive has been found...

-------------------------

I am considering using a Rhino NB ADAPTOR 120W ALL-IN-ONE AC, Model PSNC-120MPRO:

http://www.rhino-tek.com/product_details/nbadaptor/nbadaptor_120w.html

(for it's excellent feature of 2 extra USB power outlets)

...on my Sony Laptop, model:

VPCEJ28FX/B

...which uses the Sony power adapter, part number:

VCP-AC19V37

However, the specifications (watts, volts, amps) of the Sony VCP-AC19V37 and the Rhino PSNC-120MPRO do not seem to match.

Will using the above adapter, with my above laptop, hurt, damage or in any other way be detrimental to my laptop and/or it's battery?

-------------------------

Additionally, if anyone can come up with something comprehensive, universally applicable to all Laptop Adapter volts/amps/watts concerns, etc., it would also help many other people with similar circumstances.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance...
I earn what I own and I own what I earn,
Some days I teach and some days I learn.

Brief Specs:
i7 920 OC'd to 3.3GHz
6GB DDR3 1600MHz
300GB VelociRaptor
+ 2 7200RPM 1TBs
1 GTX 285 2 GB
 Post Reply Post Reply