FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Laptop Configurations Comparisons

Post Date: 2009-07-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Daelus View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Daelus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Laptop Configurations Comparisons
    Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 5:31am
This is my configurations for my first buy at DS and it's a laptop. Now, I'm stuck between two models from two different companies. I have heard alot of good things from DS so would like you guys' input. I looked at the Dell's Alienware and compared the specs, price, and service to this one here. The models are both the same-give or take a few, the maindifference is the Dell is using the Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9000 2.0GHz (6MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB) processor and has SLI enabled for the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M, 2GB. Total price-$2999. Now, I know this configurations beat DS in the video card arena, but with all the specs put together, I would think the DS would be a better choice. Any input would greatly appreciated.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 6:36am
tough choice, tho the DS has the 280M GTX card, so its not that far off the GPU level, however CPU wise the DS has beats the q9000, the customer SVC from DS is better tho DS only offers a one year part warranty.

so its a back and forth, laptops are hard for me here at DS if they put a 3 year warranty then I would say its not question, DS is the way to go.

at the end you have to decide if you want the CPU power or GPU power. and kinda customer service when things go wrong and how long of a warranty. answer those 3 questions for yourself and the least you will have a 2 out of 3 majority.
satsunada View Drop Down

Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 7:12pm
I'm personally still fanboying over the 5000 GB HDD (not a typo on my part ) availabe on the SX17. I really want to store the jpeg images of every page of every book in the Library of Congress.Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply