FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Laptop Cooler

Post Date: 2013-07-21

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Qnarf View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 42
  Quote Qnarf Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Laptop Cooler
    Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 4:24pm
So, taking a quick poll since I'm pondering whether or not to buy one, for anyone who owns/uses a DS laptop, do you also own/use a laptop cooler? And if you do own/use one, why did you buy it?

Thanks in advance for any input!   
Back to Top
DomTheBomb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 19 May 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 314
  Quote DomTheBomb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 4:35pm
Assuming that the cooling on the new laptops is just as good or better than the models from last year, you won't need a laptop cooler. Digital Storm's laptops handle heat very well, and an external cooler isn't necessary.

I could see buying one if you like the raised angle, or if you want to game with the laptop actually on your lap. I know that Cooler Master makes a wide variety of laptop coolers that are supposed to be pretty good, here's a link.

My laptop has never once overheated, even after letting it fold for 24hrs+ at a time.
DS x17, 1 Year 5 Months
i7 3720QM (2.6GHz/3.6GHz)
16GB 1600MHz DDR3
Nvidia GTX 680M 4GB
240GB Intel 520 SSD
Windows 8.1 Pro
Back to Top
Qnarf View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 17 Jul 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 42
  Quote Qnarf Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 6:10am
Originally posted by DomTheBomb


My laptop has never once overheated, even after letting it fold for 24hrs+ at a time.


OK, good to know. I read things, and then I worry. Granted, I haven't seen any complaints from people concerning overheating on DS laptops (though I did hear the 15" models run (or at least the old ones ran) quite hot), but since I didn't opt for the upgraded thermal compound I didn't know if I should look into auxiliary cooling.

If I do have the laptop on my lap, it will most likely be on a lapdesk. I guess there are situations where I will likely be using it on my lap without a lapdesk, however I doubt I will be doing serious gaming or such in those conditions. Never can tell, though.

Thanks for the info!   
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 5.273438E-02 seconds.