Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Havoq View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Havoq Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Level 2 vs Level 3 Question
    Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 1:44pm
Hi All,

My gaming laptop of ~6 years is starting to reach its limit and I have decided to purchase a new PC to take its place. After doing my due diligence, I think the Vanquish line fits what I am looking for at a very reasonable price.

Budget:
[Up to $1,500 for the tower - also will need to purchase monitors, keyboard, etc.]

Expectations & Usage:
[My gaming has lightened over the last several years, with most of the usage coming from World of Warcraft and some of the older steam FPS's.I am looking for a rig that will allow me to run duel 1080p screens, mostly with one of these games running on one monitor and web browsing/music streaming on the other. I do not do any sort of content sharing (i.e. twitch).

Based on what I have read thus far, sounds like either Level 2 or Level 3 will be my best bang for my buck. The difference in price between the 2 and 3 would cover much of my accessory costs, so just want to see if that extra cost is really worth it given what I am using this for.

Thanks for the advice!

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 2:40pm
The level 3 is well worth the extra money. It has a cpu processor with much faster Turbo clock which gaming likes, the gtx 1060 which is much stronger than the 1050Ti and an SSD main drive for much faster load times and in game refreshes.

For high end gaming on a 1080p monitor the gtx 1060 is the minimum in my book.   

The level 2 will play anything out there for sure, but depends what graphic settings you like and the speed of loading.

The level 3 also has a better cpu cooler and not the factory cooler that is designed to just get by.

Budget does dictate, but if possible, the level 3 will make you happier, longer.

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 2:59pm
Just to add, WOW isn’t all that demanding compared to a lot of shooters for example, so the level 2 might be fine.    The level 3 would give you more headroom for any future gaming.     

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 3:33pm
No question the level 3 would give you a better experience overall with a more powerful CPU, the SSD speed for your operating system and housecleaning/maintenance apps and a favorite game or two. The GTX 1060 will give you excellent performance at 1080p well into the future as well.

That said, the 1050 Ti will run two monitors as long as you're not gaming on both, but at 1080p you might already be having to dial back some settings. You could always go there for now with an eye toward upgrading video and Windows drive to an SSD at a later date as needed. The Ryzen 5 2600 is a very capable chip that would not limit your upgrade choices.

IMHO the upgrade to the Lvl 3 is worth it, but you get to decide!
 Post Reply Post Reply