linx test

Post Date: 2011-08-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: linx test
    Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 12:36am
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8752/capturedo.png

Edited by Aka - 16 Aug 2011 at 3:04am
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 12:37am
wow i messed tht up, idk y tht came out so small..o well ill try again later  Oops
cant seem to make tht bigger and easier to read ...vcore was at a stable 1.29 max was like 1.34 idk y it shows 1.36, this was after the test must of went up wen downclocking..? not realy sure what im looking at but max temp on one of the cores was 70, all the others where lo 60's - mid 60's, and even sometime in the 50's. btw this was just for an hour and 10 min.

would love some feedback thnx again DS u rock! Awesome

Edited by Aka - 16 Aug 2011 at 3:11am
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 3:26am
very nice results but to really stress the computer you need to set it manually to 4 threads. Your temps should be quite a bit higher. The reason this happens is because AVX isnt optimized to work with hyperthreading. As long as your using the linx with the avx binaries youll see a dramatic increase in your temps.
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 5:01pm
k gotchya 4 threads it is ill run another and post results, how do u make the image bigger so its easier to read couldnt figure tht out. im a total noob wen it comes to benchmarking avx went over my head need to talk in noob language Hahaha
another thing about vcore does it go up wen idle or, seems like my vcore will sometimes go up. ive seen other ppl benchmarking their systems w/ fah where can i dl tht i looked but couldnt find it, or is tht furmark? and another thing wen im testing like this wen should i take shots of the results after its done or during? thnx again in advance 
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 2:25am
1- you resize images in photoshop or even paint just scale the image up by a percent.

2- For avx youll see a difference in your g-flops so youll know its working.

3- depending on how they overclocked your processor it could go up or down when stressed. Most common would be as the processor is stressed the v-core will droop. For instance with my processor i have the v-core set at 1.35 and with load it goes down to about 1.32 at full load. At idle if set up the processor can downclock and downvolt to 1600mhz and around 1 volt.

4- When running linx you want the least amount of stuff running. close your internet browser and any programs you have open. Try not to use the computer either just watch it, you can see all ur max temps after its done running with hwmonitor along with ur gflops once the test is done. Not that its a big deal but youll see your g-flops vary a bit if your doing stuff while its running.

Edited by RiceEatin2000GT - 17 Aug 2011 at 2:26am
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 11:38pm
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 11:43pm
resizing it in paint was not goin so good for me Upset but its the best i could get it at tht size of a format 500kb i think, ne who thts w/ 4 threads, max gflops where 105.7946. vcore was steady at 1.29 durin test, max i seen it durin test was 1.32. again y it shows 1.36 is wen i opened it wen system was idle. temp rly was no diff from first test may one more core hit 70 i think.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 11:44pm
everything looks great. Do me a favor download this verison of linx and run like 2-3 tests and see if anything is different.

here
Aka View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 3:58pm
alright will do thnx for the link rice Awesome
 Post Reply Post Reply