FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Little Beast Review

Post Date: 2009-09-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tugmaster View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tugmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Little Beast Review
    Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 6:21pm
Digital Storm gets 5 stars from me. I am extremely satisified with service, support, and most of all the users on this forum. Each of you played a role in my buying decision. Thank you to all and I will be a customer for life!

Wow my pictures are huge!! Well I guess you can get a nice closeup lol. Make sure to use the scroll button to move to the right. I list my specs below. I will be sure to overclock this little beast later. Oh and by the way its a "SHE" and I named her Patricia.

I7 920 @ 3.45
Asestek liquid cooling
6GB RAM
2 x 500GB hardrives
2x Nvidia 275(SLI)
750 watt PSU (PC Power and Cooling)
22 inch ASUS 1920 x 1080 monitor (1080P)

jean luc picard View Drop Down

Quote jean luc picard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 7:23pm
Have fun with your new pc.Ermm
INTEL I7 920 OCED 3.5 GHZ
6 GB DDR3 MUSHKIN RAM 1333 MHZ
DUAL GTX 275 SLI
750 WATT PS
500 GB WD HDx2 RAID 0
WINDOW'S VISTA HOME premium
ANTEC 902 TOWER
ACER 23IN 1920/1080 rez
EVGA X58 LE
Tugmaster View Drop Down

Quote Tugmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 12:48am
Good Point harley. If this site was more accomodating and could upload pictures that are larger than 500kb it wouldnt be a problem. I included a link below for pictures that is much easier to view. I apologize in advance as I am not a photographer.

http://img43.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=001fx.jpg

I also wanted to expand on my review. The product and service was top notch from DS once I ordered my computer. Prior to my purchase I sent an e-mail to DS sales department and I never received any response. I also called one time and was on hold for approximately 5 minutes and was told to leave a message. Is my business not important to them to pick up the phone during normal business hours? I read in another post that additional support should be added soon, however my advice would to be more proactive. A company is only as good as its employees. I am sure DS has good employees, however you just need to add a few more for support. I hope DS looks at its employees as its largest asset instead of its biggest expense. I am just providing my opinion and some constructive feedback. Not a good first impression, but I am still glad I took the plunge.

I purchased the first enthusiast one build that was clocked at 3.33ghz for $1439. I already had a EVGA 275 and the one that came with my purchase was a Zotac. I read where Alex stated over 90% include EVGA products, but I guess fell in that 10% that didnt. Either way I did SLI them on my MSI X58M and they work perfectly. They are sandwiched together due to the micro form, however my temps on the GPU's are still good. In my pics above I did a slight overlock to 3.45ghz.  I did boot to windows at 4.0 ghz however it wasnt stable when running benchmarks. I did get it stable at 3.75ghz, however I am unsure on what I should be running 24/7 as heat and power consumption goes up.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase and I would reccomend DS to others.
satsunada View Drop Down

Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 1:11am
Careful with moving the OC around, wouldn't want ya to void the warranty trying to get more fictional points and have something break.
If knowledge is power and power corrupts, then total knowledge corrupts totally.
<8) slunK parade View Drop Down

Quote <8) slunK parade Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 4:11am
resolution is fine
all you have to do is hold down Ctrl and scroll backwards to view the entire pic
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 11:32am
@Tugmaster,

Thank you for the feedback. We do value and understand the importance of having a phone staff available for our customers. We just been going so quickly that it had been difficult keeping up. However, that issue is now being resolved and you will notice that you will be able to speak to our phone staff when you call, and you won't be sent to a voicemail saying that we are under a heavy call volume.

Great review! I'm glad you love the system.
Tugmaster View Drop Down

Quote Tugmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Alex

@Tugmaster,

Thank you for the feedback. We do value and understand the importance of having a phone staff available for our customers. We just been going so quickly that it had been difficult keeping up. However, that issue is now being resolved and you will notice that you will be able to speak to our phone staff when you call, and you won't be sent to a voicemail saying that we are under a heavy call volume.

Great review! I'm glad you love the system.

I am very glad to hear that Alex. It appears to me that digital storm is really taking off am I am confident DS will grow. I am lucky that anandtech and tomshardware sites posted reviews for a product you sent them as I havent heard about your company until recently. Out of curiousity I found my way here and now I am a customer Heart
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 8:57pm
Looks great, congrats
Tugmaster View Drop Down

Quote Tugmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 12:29am
Originally posted by DST4ME

Looks great, congrats
Thank you DST4ME. I was to give a special thanks to you for your thoughtful fact based posts that assited me in my buying decision. I must have read over 100 posts from you that you provided others. I really appreciate it. Your support that you provide this forum is invaluable and DS should make you a moderator if you would accept. DST4ME do you like my 275's in SLI lol!?

I also want to say thank you to Harleyman for helping me fix a minor issue I had when I first received my computer and installed my 2nd graphics card in SLI. Quick response and right on the money.

Speaking of money what a value all of the prebuilts are! Some advice to you Alex is send some more systems to major review sites to further expand your business name and word of mouth. How come I hadnt heard about your company until just 6 weeks ago? I will post some below that I frequently vist that I am sure other geeks like myself also use. Why build a system yourself when DS will do a better job, overclock it, and slap on a warranty. Amazing really! Heart 

Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 11:02am
I believe, DST4ME was offered a mod position on the forums but, turned it down figuring he could do the company more good by not being a part of the staff so to speak. Good move on his part in my opinion. Nice system and enjoy that monster. Ermm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 11:09am
My pleasure boss, Sodius is right, I was worried some people might think that I would recommend DS cause I'm a mod so I figured its best I stay independent. The sli looks great boss enjoy
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 10:43pm
Great Pictures!!!

I am very pleased that you have complimented your fellow Digital Storm Customers for tempting you to buy the greatest integrated computer system in the world!!

Ermm
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
aias49 View Drop Down

Quote aias49 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 5:08am
Very nice, hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Ermm
Ticket #266218
HAF 932 Case
Core I7 920 @ 3.4 GHz
GTX 295, 500 GB HDD
6 GB Mushkin Ram
Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 10:39am
Does the CPU LC fluid need replaced as often or less or more often than the entire system being LC'd?
 Post Reply Post Reply