FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

little worried about config

Post Date: 2007-09-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ryan Montgomery View Drop Down
  Quote Ryan Montgomery Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: little worried about config
    Posted: 04 Sep 2007 at 10:56am
ok sorry but i gotta ask... later today i am ordering a computer i wanted to spend the least amount of money but with the best parts there are ... Well im getting the value series first of all because it looks sick and its the cheapest... i put in level 3 cooling but it says that it is not recomend for high end vid cards... If i put in level 3 cooling then would it be enough to cool the system for high end vid cards and processors and other hardware
  Quote Ryan Montgomery Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2007 at 2:53pm
anyone??
skyR View Drop Down

Digital Storm Apprentice

Online Status: Offline
  Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2007 at 3:12pm
You can't really spend the least amount of money for the best parts on the market.. -.-' Your budget would have to be around $2000 for a high performance gaming computer. $1000 will do if you just want to play games on low-med settings.

I recommend Stage 3 for any of their builds. I do not see where it says it is not recommended =\
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
  Quote Ryan Montgomery Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2007 at 5:01pm
yeah i spent 2661 dolars heres the link

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=77117
skyR View Drop Down

Digital Storm Apprentice

Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2007 at 5:33pm
Your HDDs must be identical for them to be put in RAID 0.

I do not recommend McAfee for protection. There are a lot of better software out there for cheaper or free. AVG, NOD32, Lavasoft Ad-ware, ....

The rest looks good.

The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 12:40am

skyR is right about the raid.

If skyR does not recommend McAfee, looks like we might have to make some changes in our options of protection software.

Now your configuration, your asking for a lot of stuff in such a small case. It's going to create a LOT of heat. I recommend at least going with a LITE series case, and if possible a PRO; that would be perfect.

Also, a 4GB setup of Corsair 800MHz ram isn't as good as a 2GB setup of Corsair Dominators at 1066MHz. Gaming systems don't need more than 2GB of system memory at the moment. Also it's less.

Post Reply Post Reply