FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking at the Vanquish 3 for Planetside 2

Post Date: 2015-04-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mamu View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mamu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Looking at the Vanquish 3 for Planetside 2
    Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 12:33pm
Budget:
~$1,500

Expectations:
FPS greater than 60

Usage:
I'm looking for a good gaming rig for first person shooters, mainly Planetside 2. I'm pretty high level, getting very competitive at the game but my current PC just isn't cutting it anymore. In large battles the FPS drops below 20 sometimes(on low settings), causing me to lose fights against good players so I'm looking for a replacement.

I've had my eye on the Vanquish II (now Vanquish 3?) level 4. Just wondering if anyone else has played PS2 with the Vanquish and what kind of FPS you're getting on high settings.

It looks like a great system, my only concern is would it be possible to get 16gb of ram with it instead of 8? Also, do you think it needs 16?

Thanks in advance!

Pacesetter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pacesetter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 12:47pm
I haven't played planetside on my Vanquish but I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the performance. I haven't had problems in any game I play or have beta-tested. It rocks!

8G ram is plenty unless you have other programs that would use more. Gaming is usually in the 3G-6G range of ram usage. You can add more but be sure to use the exact ram you have in the computer.

I played several games recording game play with Gforce Shadow Play and Fraps on 8G ram without problems.

Vanquish II Ultimate.
I was laying in bed looking up at the stars and wondered "where is my ceiling?"
Mamu View Drop Down

Quote Mamu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 12:59pm
Thanks for the reply Pacesetter. Have you ever tried to stream games on twitch with it?

That's not really a requirement for me, just a bonus, but it might be kinda nice, I've had some requests to stream.
Pacesetter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pacesetter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 1:16pm
I haven't tried to stream. I'd have to check system requirements for whatever streaming software is used.

The I7 chip would be better for streaming but the I5 4690K can run most streaming apps.

Vanquish II Ultimate.
I was laying in bed looking up at the stars and wondered "where is my ceiling?"
Mamu View Drop Down

Quote Mamu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 3:44pm
I guess my last question, is it possible to order it with 16gb? I didn't see any options on the site to customize the pc's, maybe I missed it.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 3:52pm
Hi Mamu... The Vanquish line are pre-built and ready to ship, so no changes. Ships as-is.    That's how DS can sell it for such a good price. You can add ran sticks later if you found the need.

zerofunction View Drop Down

Quote zerofunction Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Mamu

Budget:
~$1,500

Expectations:
FPS greater than 60

Usage:
I'm looking for a good gaming rig for first person shooters, mainly Planetside 2. I'm pretty high level, getting very competitive at the game but my current PC just isn't cutting it anymore. In large battles the FPS drops below 20 sometimes(on low settings), causing me to lose fights against good players so I'm looking for a replacement.

I've had my eye on the Vanquish II (now Vanquish 3?) level 4. Just wondering if anyone else has played PS2 with the Vanquish and what kind of FPS you're getting on high settings.

It looks like a great system, my only concern is would it be possible to get 16gb of ram with it instead of 8? Also, do you think it needs 16?

Thanks in advance!

Vanquish 2 level 4 here. PLays PS2 without a problem. settings on ultra @ 1080p will get you around 40-50 fps in the larger battles while smaller battles will have you hovering around 70 or so. this is with the i5 4690k and the 970.   
Mamu View Drop Down

Quote Mamu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 3:05am
Thanks zerofunction!

Exactly the info I'm looking for.

I think I'll be getting this system. I may not play on ultra all the time but it would be nice to enjoy it without a huge performance hit, sounds like it's pretty playable on ultra.

I know this game is pretty finicky with processors, like it's more processor intensive than graphics card intensive, at least that's what I've read.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:22am
Mamu .. zerofunction has the next level (Vanquish 4) which is a bit stronger. It would be better if you could stretch the budget a bit and go for the Ultimate Vanquish.

Its up to you. Always get as much computer as your budget allows.   
Mamu View Drop Down

Quote Mamu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 9:51am
The Vanquish (3?) level 4 is the one I'm thinking about. Sorry for the confusion, it looks like it used to be called the Vanquish II, but now it's the Vanquish 3, according to the website.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 12:11pm
Ah! .. understood. I would call that the Vanquish 3 Ultimate, as you can see by the words below.   
zerofunction View Drop Down

Quote zerofunction Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 5:52pm
Planet side isn't optimized very well from what I've read and experienced. Your correct regarding the cpu. Most of your MMO's are as well, but unfortunately PS2 just isn't optimized. But still great imho.
 Post Reply Post Reply