Looking for $3000 system, looking at Digital Storm

Post Date: 2011-09-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SecretCobraz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Looking for $3000 system, looking at Digital Storm
    Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 10:54pm
Let me know what you think is possible in this price range.

I can meet these requirements and then some at this price range from newegg (No Liquid cooling on newegg but still same price on other sites for the rig)

Budget:
$3,000

Expectations:
i7 2600k
Z68 Asus Mobo
Dual Nvidia GPUs (GTX 570/580)
16GB of Ram, 16000(4x4gb)
1200W Power supply
Liquid CPU Cooling
60GB SSD or larger comparable to Crucial M4

Usage:
Heavy gaming and video editing

Special Needs:
800d Preferable, low maintenance

Edited by SecretCobraz - 15 Sep 2011 at 10:55pm
Zieno View Drop Down

Quote Zieno Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 11:36pm
Are you sure you really need 16gb of ram?

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Zieno

Are you sure you really need 16gb of ram?

Positive, when it's cheap. It's called future proofing and why not spend an extra $20 or $40, would cost more to upgrade later.   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145347
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 12:09am
For gaming you may need 16GB of ram in say 2020, so you can future proof ram but the system itself won't be there.

now if you need the 16GB of ram for video editing then that is something else, everytime you add stuff to your system, you add more stress, adding stress for things you will never even notice their existence makes no sense, just like the 1200w psu for p67/68 platform, you will never have any use for it.

you couldn't find ram with worst timing? the timing on those are not great at all.

you know the z68 has buggs with its special features right? you still want to go with it? or did you just happen to pic it and it has nothing to do with its special features?

question for you, yes newegg prices will come lower but does newegg build/test and warranty the system for you? cause that is where your price difference is.

for a air cooled system you gonna want a case with great airflow, 800d is not it, that case (my case) is really for systems with full lc.

I'm not the type to thru stuff together, I need to know how much power is needed to do the job, so I don't endup wasting money or coming up short in power, so what res you gonna be gaming at? What is the native resolution of the monitor you gonna be gaming at?

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 12:11am

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 12:18am
"you couldn't find ram with worst timing? the timing on those are not great at all. " I have o idea what you mean by that. The 16GB if Ram and the 1200PSU is for video editing and external devices.

Couldn't tell you the resolution, will be at 1920 x 1080 or lower.

Now Digital Storms parts are not more expensive vs newegg they are the same, difference is Digital Storms Mark-ups or premiums. Also all parts have OEM warrentys.

"Digital storm doesn't charge massive premiums" Depends on what you would call massive, such as $700-$1,200+

Also about LC systems, the newegg custom has Dual GTX 580 Hydro Copper 2s http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130601

I need a computer that will last more than 5 years with or without upgrades in terms of being able to run any game on the market at any setting.

Edited by SecretCobraz - 16 Sep 2011 at 12:30am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 12:38am
there is nothing you gonna add that will need more then the 1050hx.

ram has timings, better timing means better speeds for the work ram has to do. the ram you posted has very slow timings.

also you know that is quad channel ram right?

how is the difference markups? is labor free? testing free? yes parts have warranty but DS warranty is different then manufacturer warranty, for example gpus goes bad:

manufacturer warranty = rma part to manufacturer and wait 21 days or so for the new part to ship.

ds warranty = call DS and set it up so that they send you the gpu and then when you get it you send the old one, maybe 2 to 5 days wait depending.

most times when I config a build here the difference from newegg is $400 and that is just fine since building, testing and putting parts on warranty are not done for free.

are you comparing those crappy evga blocks with the custom blocks DS uses on their lc systems? all parts are not the same, blocks are not the same, ram is not the same, ssds are not the same etc.

not sure what lc system you think yoyu have found that is comparable to DS custom lc, if you are looking at self contained units like the h80/h70 then forget it, those are not real lc systems and get beat by a70 and noctua air coolers.

your res is dependent on your monitor, What is the native resolution of the monitor, that is the res it should be run at for best results.

I need a computer that will last more than 5 years with or without upgrades in terms of being able to run any game on the market at any setting.

no such pc exists, you can't even do that today, you can't ask today's gpus to run future games with no problems, sli gpu from now in 2 or 3 years will feel like sli 285 does today.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 12:51am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 12:49am
To answer your original question of " Looking for $3000 system, Let me know what you think is possible in this price range."

you can get sli 570, 4.7Ghz oc with good temps, 120GB intel ssd, 1TB black caviar (for its speeds), 1050Hx psu, haf x case, deluxe mobo, 16Gb of ram.

now keep in mind if you want to compare newegg to DS you need to find exact parts and match them, you will find the difference around $400 or less and that will be for building/testing/warranty.

I hope you understand I'm just trying to get you the correct info so you know what you are really dealing with as far as what you need, before you make a purchase.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 12:53am

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 6:26am
I can see how the price of that system with the Hailstorm is not as big a difference as I thought, (Around $660). In your opinion does the performance difference if any warrant Water cooled GPUs? Also still a little fuzzy on GTX 570 vs 580. Also Stage 3 Frost chill vs Stage 4 LCS?

Also I already own a 1TB Black Cavier.
With set-up, ocing, ect sounds like a decent deal. Below is the base config I used and here is the one I would probably want, 597274 (Not exactly what I was looking at but still good)
The DS Logo Machining is $100 extra I have seen, brings the extras total to $170 (Fans and lighting)

Ticket number: 597269

Newegg:
i7 2600K
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115070
800D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139001&Tpk=800d
Win7Ult64
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116718
GTX 570
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130593
HX1050
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139034&Tpk=1050W%20Corsair%20Pro%20Silver
Corsair Dominator
http://www.corsair.com/memory-by-product-family/dominator/cmp16gx3m4a1600c9.html
Corsair Force Series GT SSD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233191
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z LGA 1155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131760

Edited by SecretCobraz - 16 Sep 2011 at 6:35am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:48pm
your mobo,sdd are wrong, you have no use for that mobo and that is not the best ssd, you want a 320, c300 or m4.

as I said before I can't tell you what gpu power you need wihtout knowing teh native res of your monitor.

if you want lc go with stage 4 it has the good parts.

Originally posted by DST4ME

for a air cooled system you gonna want a case with great airflow, 800d is not it, that case (my case) is really for systems with full lc.

you only have the lc on cpu, your gpus are air cooled, you need a case with better airflow for that.

the fan upgrade is pointless and loud, that case takes only 3 fans, and they are 140mm fans, the fan upgrade at DS are 120mm fans, if you want fan upgrade go and find good 140mm led fans and then ask DS to use those.

drop the oc on gpus, its very mild here and you will not notice teh difference in performance but you will in heat.

os boost is pointless too as it will make zero difference in app and games speeds, the os boost was for the days when we had 1GB ram with xp, now in days with a quad core cpu, 6GB or more ram, you are not going to notice anything from os boost, but if you use an app that needs one of those services then you got problems.

I would make a config for you but I don't know the native res of your monitor.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 1:51pm

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:08pm
If I go with digital Storm, I might end up sacrificing too much :( I am no where near rich and I'm already over budget. From everyone I have talked to who build their own systems, the GTX 580 Hydro Copper 2s work just fine. Which Mobo is the best out of that selection?

With DS I'm sacrificing; Better GPUs, Better PSU for external devices, Liquid Cooled GPUs, Dual 64GB M4 RAID 0
I could go one here -_- I almost feel like I am throwing away money for lower performing hardware.

If stage 3 Liquid Cooling is so inferior vs Stage 4 then why is it offered in the first place?

I am getting kind of tired of you saying hardware is "wrong". You should say other hardware performs better rather than just saying it's "Wrong". I need a system that will perform at varying resolutions. I am looking for a well rounded system, not one that is designed based on arbitrary circumstances.

Edited by SecretCobraz - 16 Sep 2011 at 4:18pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:24pm
Ok you are not contradicting yourself and condusing us/me, let me explain:

you say you dont' want to waste money but you want a system that can handle any res, well that is contradictory, to give you gpus setup that can handle any res (2560 x 1600 to 1200 x 1000) I would have to load you up with tri sli , and all kinds of stuff that will exceed your budget, and will very well endup wasting your money since that setup for 1900 x 1200 res is going to be pure waste of money.

I'm a affraid you are getting bad info and going on them:

1. if you want to lc, are you looking to say you have lc or are you looking to get real lc performance? just because something is refered to as lc or has a waterblock on it, it does not mean you are getting your money's worth.

yes those evga 580's have a waterblock but I can easily beat their cooling performance with proper block/rad.(look at my avatar I'm a big fan of evga, but I'm not gonna say their wb are good when they are not.)

2. if stage 3 cooling is the same as stage 4, why don't they cost the same?

you asked why stage 3 is offered? same reason many parts are offered, so you have options to match your budget, but that does not mean you are getting the same performance.

A lc system's performance is mainly dependent on what rad you use and what water blocks. the block on the 580 that comes from evga is very inferior, so ya it works just fine, but don't be surprised when somebody comes by with sli 570 with better waterblocks and beats you in cooling and performance(depending on your res).

3. when I say your hardware is wrong, that means if you wanted to get the most performance for your money, that part is the wrong choice, thus that part is wrong.

4. so now you need to tell us if you want to get your money's worth or you want a system that will handle any res, even tho some of the res it can handle you won't even be using, thus wasting your money, also a system that can handle any res, and have lc on cpu and gpu, will be out of your budget.

5. you need to tell me what lc parts you are looking at newegg that you think will cost less then DS, cause again all lc systems are not the same, I can't see how you found lc parts that DS uses on newegg without knowing what parts are used, and again rad all perform different, waterblocks all perform different.

6. no matter if you buy from DS or newegg, I'm trying to help you get the most performance for your money.

7. if your room temp is at or below 75f, then you have no use for lc to begin with, all you need is a good case with great airflow like the haf.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 4:27pm

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 4:59pm
Config a DS system around this and my $3000 or lower budget if you would:

I need to support 2 screens running at 1920x1080 minimum, while being able to run any game on the market at max/high settings, like BF3. The Alpha requirements as a base were quad-core CPU, 512MB 9800 Series or better, 4GB Ram, ect. My system chugged at that.

I need 16GB of Ram from a decent brand running at 1600 or better. A 1050+ PSU, I need to run external devices such as high end video equipment.

Liquid CPU cooling is mandatory. My room gets very hot and I need the OC productivity boost for video editing and gaming.

Windows 7 Ult, and at least a 60GB SSD Boot Drive. I already own a 1TB Black Cavier. 800D Preferred, or another clean looking case, basically the Opposite of the Haf series.

Anything extra would be Red Tubing, and UV Lighting. The Overclocking is free and the system is guaranteed stable.

Edited by SecretCobraz - 16 Sep 2011 at 5:02pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:07pm
Very good, now I'm getting info I need, few more questions and some info:

are you planing on gaming on both monitors (extended) or one monitor will be gaming while the other will be doing something else (surfing, other work)? I ask because gpu needs are different for each.

now some info:

ram brand is not really important as they are all the same things really, brand name does not mean more performance, timing would mean more performance but that will not mount to much to being with anyways.

no matter what you use, air or lc, they both use fans to blow air on parts to cool them down, in air cooling you got the fan blowing air on heatsink to help with temps, in lc you got fans blowing air on rad to help with temps, now if your room temp is at 80f or higher, lc is nto gonna be help, reason is that blowing 80f air on heatsink or rad is not gonna help cool things down, you need cool air to do that.

you also need to take into account other parts like the psu can overheat if room temp is warm.

I can tell you right now, to run bf3 on one monitor of 1900 x 1200 you need dual sli 570, for a system with that, good mobo, air cooled, 16GB of DS ram, 120GB intel 320 ssd, win7 ultimate and stage 2 oc you looking at around $3000 here, to put the cpu/cpu under lc you looking at another $1000 or so on top of that.

if you want to do it an newegg, for lc you need some info:

1. type of size of rad are very important, if the rad is a good one the the bigger the rad the better it cools.

2. its important to match your rad with fans that it works best with.

so for rad at newegg find xspc "Rx" series rad, best results are triple rad for cpu and triple rad for gpus, ( you want a dual loop setup if doing both cpu and gpus), of course that means one rad goes inside the case and anther triple rad goes outside the case.

if you dont' want to do that, then you can go with single rad for cpu and at least dual rads for gpus, again they need to be xspc "rx" series rads, for cpu you want the swiftech xt wb, for gpus you can go with xspc gpu wb, those rads work best with low cfm fans so you want the Scythe gentle typhoon fans on the rad, then you wan the tubes, pump, res, fittings and etc.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 5:13pm

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:17pm
I am only using 1 monitor for gaming, but like I said, my room gets very hot, I need Liquid Cooling for the CPU for what I am doing with video editing. I work in the digital Cinema industry. How is LCing another grand for just the CPU? $180 and $330 for just the CPU according to the config builder.

Seriously, just take Pure Air cooling off the Table for the CPU.

Edited by SecretCobraz - 16 Sep 2011 at 5:18pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:21pm
I thought you wanted teh gpus lced also.

again in case you missed it:

no matter what you use, air or lc, they both use fans to blow air on parts to cool them down, in air cooling you got the fan blowing air on heatsink to help with temps, in lc you got fans blowing air on rad to help with temps, now if your room temp is at 80f or higher, lc is nto gonna be help, reason is that blowing 80f air on heatsink or rad is not gonna help cool things down, you need cool air to do that.

so if your room temp is above 75f, even with lc, expect to be around the high side of temps or even higher.

this will run bf3 at your res:

Here you go Ticket# 597402 --- $3,219 (To see this build click here)

Copy of Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF X
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz (Unlocked CPU for Extreme Overclocking) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Intel P67 Chipset) (New & Improved B3 Revision Without SATA 3G Issue)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 4: Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System: CPU Only
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro or Deluxe Series Motherboard)
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Benchmarking: - No Thanks
Install/Test Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

not sure if I got everything or missed something, if I did let me know so we can discuss it.

if you missed my edits of my last post, please go back and have a look.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 5:31pm

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:38pm
I need a clean case such as the 800D, in one of my posts I said "basically the Opposite of the Haf series" XP
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:40pm
but the the 800d will not give the airflow you need to keep good temps, specially when you said your room temp is hot.

I have the 800d as you call tell from my sig. also I'm already over your budget by $200, to make a config with 800d the cost is gonna go even higher, not sure but it could be another $200.

its a great case, but not for air cooled systems.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 5:42pm

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 5:56pm
It's about an extra $200 with the Hailstorm config. I just set up a semi-comparable order on newegg. Minus the liquid cooling, it is still a $700 difference give or take. The Cosmos 2 will be out soon. That case has the best Airflow yet.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 6:00pm
depending on what size fans it uses, at best it will match haf x's air flow.

as I said all parts have to be the same, I'm not sure what "semi-comparable" really means, what is different?

the lc will take a good $300 to $400 of that $700 difference, the block is and rad will make about $200 of that $400.

can you show me your newegg order?

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 6:12pm
It is not a complete match but it is close enough. Honestly I thought things would be a lot more straight forward with DS then just building it myself. It's even more confusing.

For DS this looks like my best bet based on what I need from a computer:
http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=597420

Edited by SecretCobraz - 16 Sep 2011 at 6:16pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 6:30pm
build looks ok, I don't see any reason to get the maximus over the deluxe, you will have better performance/reliability from 320, c300, m4 ssds, the oc on gpus might give you 2fps extra but they will bring more heat, keep in mind the 800d is not gonna give you good temps with your room temp and sli 570.

you don't want stage 3 oc, at those vcore and 24/7 use your cpu will die within a year.

since I don't know your config for newegg I can't comment on it, but in all fairness to DS, all parts have to exact to compare, "similar" depending on the part can be very different in price.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 6:33pm

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 7:11pm
3 year warranty on hardware, and DS guarantees the system is "Rock-Solid stable". So I have no worries about that. There is no option for M4 SSds sadly.

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 7:33pm
I do appreciate all your help but I am pretty sure I will just build it myself, I will always end up spending over $3,000 for a DS system. I was able to get my Rig with Liquid cooling just under $3,000, with great hardware.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 7:36pm
3 year labor 1 year part, trust me when I say something, there is a reason for it, think of me as your brother trying to get you best pc for your money.

if you want 3 year part then you need the 5 year warranty, which is 5 year labor and 3 year parts.

system is stable, I didn't say it would not be stable, but stable does not mean that high vcore will not kill a cpu real quick.

as for m4, one of many reason we love DS is because we are not limited to the config page, just during ordering, let them know you want the m4 ssd.

if building it yourself makes more sense to you, then that is what you should do.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 7:45pm

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 7:43pm
Might have to get a quote for comparison.

Dream Machine as of components available now or soon;

CM Cosmos 2 (Ferrari Gloss Red Paint) or 800D
i7 2600K
ASUS ROG Z68 Mobo
Dual-SLI GTX 570, EVGA Fermi
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB (4 x 4GB)
CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
2X Crucial M4 64GB RAID 0 (CT064M4SSD2)
WIN7ULT64

Top that off with my Custom LC setup at $320
or DS Stage 3 ($242) or Stage 4 LCS ($392)

Anything extra includes Red UV Danger Den Tubing, DS Logo Machining, and UV cathode if 800d. The Auto Body shops in my area are dying for work, so I could do the paint local on the custom.

Nvidia Keplar/600 Series, Ivory Bridge/Sandy Bridge-E, and Windows 8 are all supposed to be coming out by early 2012. Will have to see what is available in the future.

Edited by SecretCobraz - 16 Sep 2011 at 7:48pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 7:47pm
LOL you are killing me, forget the 1200w there is nothing you can do on a p67/68 platform to need a 1200w psu. only for a tri sli capable system you would need that psu, p67/68 is not it.

go with stage 4 lc, it has teh good wb and other stuff, remember what I said about a lc being only as good as its rad/fan and wb.

forget dd tubing, dd does not make great products.

waiting for x79 is a good idea.

SB-E is due out in oct/nov

gpus are due out in jan/feb

ivy bridge and win8 are not due out till mid or end of 2012

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 7:51pm

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 8:22pm

LOL you are killing me, forget the 1200w there is nothing you can do on a p67/68 platform to need a 1200w psu. only for a tri sli capable system you would need that psu, p67/68 is not it.

go with stage 4 lc, it has teh good wb and other stuff, remember what I said about a lc being only as good as its rad/fan and wb.

forget dd tubing, dd does not make great products.

waiting for x79 is a good idea.

The 1200PSU is for External Video Equipment that will make good use of it, don't worry. Waiting to see what chipsets will support Tri/Quad-SLI.

Danger Den tubing is what DS uses lol
http://i.imgur.com/T8ZsE.jpg
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 8:46pm
@SecretCobraz,

I just wanted to chime in and say that, our forum members (customers) simply want our new customers to receive the best system for their money. I feel it's always a great idea, sometimes people will have different views, but, in the end, we all want you to receive a system you are happy with.

You may always contact our Sales team directly by calling us: 1-866-817-8676 or sending a message: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/customerservice.asp

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 8:55pm
Everyone's help is greatly appreciated :D

Edited by SecretCobraz - 16 Sep 2011 at 9:00pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 9:19pm
If you want good quality tubing then get Primochill pro LRT, it seals a bit better, and has a tighter bend radius.

there is nothing external you gonna add to your system that will draw enough power to need the 1200w psu, you can't possibly pull that much power from usb ports, anything over 1050hx is a waste.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 9:39pm

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 9:25pm

I would not use dd tube to be honest.

there is nothing external you gonna add to your system that will draw enough power to need the 1200w psu, you can't possibly pull that much power from usb ports, anything over 1050hx is a waste.

DD tube has great reviews and is used by many cough* DS cough*.

More along the lines of multiple USB, Firewire, Esata, ect. As well as upgrades done the line depending on the chipset.

I don't see it as a waste for my industry and my line of work.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 9:30pm
Like I said you can't draw that much power from esata, usb, firewire, so if its not gonna be used then its a waste, that is what I meant. the 1050hx is such a good psu, it will run that sli 570 and leave enough headroom for you to max out all the usb and firewire ports.

If you want good quality tubing then get Primochill pro LRT, it seals a bit better, and has a tighter bend radius.

just because DS uses it, it does not mean its best, why do you think I had them build me a custom lc? I used all my own parts, rads, tubes, etc. DS has a decent lc system but if you want better performance, some of it has to be customized, starting with the rad and fans.

again just providing info.

if you gonna build it, you might as well use the best parts for same price ball park.

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2011 at 9:38pm

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 9:40pm
Good Point The price with the stage 4 is still just killing me.

What would help is a quote for this system with 2X 64GB M4s in RAID 0

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=597480

Edited by SecretCobraz - 16 Sep 2011 at 10:01pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 10:53pm
call or email them and ask them for a quote, unfortunately I don't know any prices like that.

Quote SecretCobraz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 3:15am
How does Kingston HyperX RAM match up? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104169

Or would I be better off spending an extra $100 for 2 pairs of Corsair Dominator?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145313

Both are running at 1600.

Edited by SecretCobraz - 17 Sep 2011 at 4:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>