FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for an LGA1700 or AM5 motherboard

Post Date: 2024-03-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
otpetey View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote otpetey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Looking for an LGA1700 or AM5 motherboard
    Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 12:30am
Hello,

I am looking for an LGA1700 or AM5 motherboard that allows me to have a GPU at 16x and a second slot at 8x at the same time.

All of them I can find degrade the primary CPU slot down to 8x when you use the second slot. I want 16x-8x with both slots populated, not 8x-8x.

I would like main GPU slot to be gen 5 (for future proofing) but Gen4 would be acceptable. I don't care if the secondary 8x slot is an older gen. As long as it is Gen3 or faster.

LGA1700 only has 20 lanes, so I think that not going to happen (but they are gen5, so you never know with PCIe switches)

AM5 has 28 lanes, so it should be theoretically possible, even with all gen5, with 4 lanes to spare (for m.2 or chipset or whatever)

Has anyone ever seen a motherboard with this kind of 16x-8x configuration? I have spent hours pouring through Neweggs filters trying to find one with no success.

There has to be at least one... Right?
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 12:43am
Digital Storm uses the mobos listed on the configurator. Look around there and if you don't see it, then you'll have to special order when you have them build your machine.
 Post Reply Post Reply