FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for Expert Comments on this Build!

Post Date: 2009-01-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Richsi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Richsi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Looking for Expert Comments on this Build!
    Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 11:26pm
HI, looking for your expert comments, budget is $5k +or- $250 before taxes, yes I live in Calif, darn it! Heavy gaming single person shoot'em ups with resolution for a Dell 24" Monitor, I think 1920x1200...I like "bleeding edge" stuff so don't be shy! Not interested in water cooling for GPU's hoping the Fans can handle the load! I did go with Zalman Fans for reliablity. I did water cooling for CPU, a must! OC'ed CPU, but not graphics or memory! Ticket Number #229682

Thanks guys!
Richsi
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 11:54pm
here you go Ticket# 229724 --- Price: $5551 (To see this build click here)

Copy of Specifications:
Chassis Model: Cooler Master HAF 932
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Interior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 965 3.2GHz (Quad Core) (Extreme Performance)
Motherboard: EVGA X58 3X SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports Triple SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1866MHz OCZ Platinum Edition (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1200W PC Power & Cooling (ESA Edition) (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Card Reader: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor (10K RPM) (16MB Cache) (Extreme Speed)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: 500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x) (LightScribe Edition)
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Writer/Reader (Burn Blu-Ray discs and play them)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 2x SLI Quad (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 1.792GB) (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 3: High-Performance Liquid Chilled FrostBite System For CPU
Liquid Color:UV Green: High Glowing Non-conductive Fluid (Requires H20: Stage 3 & UV Lighting)
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (UV) (Creates Glowing Effect For H20: Stage 3 UV Fluid)
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Yes, Overclock the processor as much as possible with complete stability
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Tweak Windows: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit Edition) (For Enthusiasts)
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Benchmarking: - No Thanks
Install/Test Game: - No Thanks
LCD Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks
Warranty: 3 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty

you want the bleeding edge? aside from a SSD you got it, kept your 2 x 295 GTX but I have to be honest, for your resolution its over kill, you only need one.

your build was 5400+ so I thought a little more wont' hurt but remember when you press submit, you get another $200 if the price listed above

Edited by DST4ME - 14 Jan 2009 at 11:56pm
Richsi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Richsi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 12:08am

Thanks DST4ME, I like some of your choices a lot! Fews questions of course....I'm not a great fan of the HAF 932 case, I perfer the 850i, do you have reasons for the HAF or just your choice? Better heat displacement or  better fan placement? Also, do I need the 1200watt with this config or will i be taxing the 1000watt? Do you know anything about the GTX295 yet? Any problems reported yet, I know its too new just wondering if you ran across something. Like your memory choice, do you perfer Corsir or OCZ? Any advantage to either?

Thanks for your response!

Richsi
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 12:18am
My pleasure and you are very welcome.

the HAF has better cooling stock and most HAF users report their temps of the case to be very cool. I also don't like how you have to open the front of the 850 to get to your DVD drivers and etc. but the 850 is a good case also, but I would go with the HAF.

I put the 1200w cause if you have 2 x 295 GTX then I have a feeling next year you will want 3 or maybe new GPUs that have higher PSU needs, so I put the 1200w for future upgrades, but if you think 1000w will cover you for the future then go with that.

nothing about the 295s so far but they just came out, in a week or so I expect some of the people that just got a DS system with a 295 to post some reviews and we will see what they think of the 295.

corsair is great but so is OCZ, no matter what you are under warranty, there has been instances here where I saw a customer have a problem with one brand a few times so the customer asked to be changed to a different brand and DS did it for free, so in short you can't lose either way.

Edited by DST4ME - 15 Jan 2009 at 12:19am
bradesco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bradesco Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 4:27pm
I just got my DS computer 2 weeks ago and I also picked the HAF case. It is very quiet and cool. The only thing that gets loud are the fans on my graphics cards. Really awesome case though. I also agree that 2 295s would be overkill and would prolly just stay with one..
HAF 932
LC i7 Extreme 965 OC'd 4.0
ASUS Rampage II
6GB DDR3 1600 OCZ
1000W PSU
GTX 260 x2
300GB Vraptor
 Post Reply Post Reply