FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for some information.

Post Date: 2022-02-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Srixun View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Srixun Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Looking for some information.
    Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 7:05am
Budget:$6000
Expectations: Small, Subtle, Top End
Usage: Gaming, AI Process, Processor power
Special Needs: none, Just dont want to build anymore lol.
Saved Ticket #: [Please Type Here]
Specifications: Bolt SFF. Intel Proc.
-------------

Hey guys. My rig, 8700k, with a 3080ti hydro(evga) isa HUGE beast Coolermast C700P Case, yada yada.

Im looking to sell this thing off and get a Bolt SFF Build made. I've been building forever, since the days of Danger Den first bringing up watercooling, using a radiator from a bike/car to cool parts for overclocking back in the day (You guys may remember, when AMD made processors the same socket for laptop and desktop, Opterons yay!)

Anywho. Ive had my eye on the bolt for awhile and I think i want it, but they dont sell it with intel processor. Why is that?

Does DS Still have a delay in parts like most builders, say if I wanted a 13th gen intel in there, with higher end parts, etc.

Im looking for copper tubing, the whole 9 yards on this thing.

Do you guys have suggestions? or know if DS will make semi custom orders?

And if they dont, do you know of someone who would be able to run a build like this?

Thanks!

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 8:57am
Hi Srixun     Those are all questions for DS.  The forums are primarily customers helping customers or just hanging out. 

Email or call them.  

Good Luck.Big%20Smile
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 12:51pm
Welcome to DS.

I think that maybe the Intel processors run very hot and the cooling in the Bolt is not enough because of its inherent shortcomings as a SFF. There have been postings along those lines from Bolt purchasers. That said, as bprat22 posted, we are only users and only DS can answer that. I'm just speculating from what we have seen in the forum.

I don't know who could build you one with the hardware you want since the Bolt's case is an exclusive DS design and they do not sell the case by itself. The Velox and Aventum models are also based on DS' proprietary designs and only available from DS. You can get all you want on any other model shown here.

As to special order hardware, DS has been known to accommodate special requests in the past. So it looks like all your questions are better answered by a call to DS. Keep us posted. Smile

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 3:08am
hoserator is correct. DS has stated specifically that the Intel procs run too hot for the Bolt even custom cooled. Some purchasers even before those came out had to be sent special side windows with holes cut in after purchase to vent high temps from the equipment they ordered. It seems that some of the electronics have pushed to the limits of what Bolt cooling can handle and beyond. If you want to make the compromises the case requires these days, have at it.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 3:46am
Yep, Bolt has a lot of restrictions for just a couple of inch difference in size. I guess some tight setups the Bolt makes sense, just need to know the negatives.

Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 9:05am
The Velox is a wonderful air flow case being total mesh front, top, & back. The case is actually cold to the touch unless I am gaming pushing the RTX 3080 hard.

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
 Post Reply Post Reply