FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to buy sometime soon and want some advice

Post Date: 2019-05-29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rambler94 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rambler94 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Looking to buy sometime soon and want some advice
    Posted: 29 May 2019 at 1:23pm
Alright, iv been doing my homework and im nowhere near a computer expert..... so afetr saying that iv configured something i want.
Its going to be used mostly for gaming and whatnot.
So i read stuff online about most of this buuuuuuuuuuut i want some feedback from yall.....

Chassis
Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Pure White

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)

Power Supply: 1000W Digital Storm Performance Series (Fully Modular) (80 Plus Gold)

Storage / Connectivity
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 860 EVO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (3TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
HDD Set 2: 1x Storage (3TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI NVLink Dual (GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)

Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (2x Graphics Cards + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)

HydroLux Fluid Color: Blue Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects) (14 Fans Total)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (3x Boards)
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 1 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds Only)

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 5.1GHz on All CPU Cores
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Boost OS: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)

Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Accessories / Goodies
Exclusive T-Shirt: T-Shirt - Digital Storm - Black (Large) (L)

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 5 Year Limited Warranty (5 Year Labor & 3 Year Part Replacement)
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2019 at 2:50pm
Welcome to the forum Rambler94!

That’s a strong Aventum gaming build you have assembled.   
Nice to see someone taking advantage of the inexpensive choice of case color. Like the white aesthetic...always looks sharp (as in hides the dust...lol). with RGB lighting.   Good to see you boosting the warranty...3 yrs parts replacement is a very smart choice.   

The i9-9900X is an appropriate top gaming 8 core 16 thread CPU that will Stage 2 Overclock very well.    Should serve you very well.

I should mention here that for gaming 16 gb RAM is all you would need, but RAM prices are fairly reasonable at the moment and while 32gb might be overkill just for gaming, a little future proofing overkill won’t hurt.    Corsair Dominator is the quality top dog in RAM and has the most aggressive RAM heat sink, but the Corsair Vengeance RAM would also be an excellent choice.

Your mobo choice with the MSI Carbon is fine, however as you are Stage 2 OC and using top RAM and 2 top GPU’s OC’ed...you might consider moving up to the stronger ASUS Z390 ROG XI Hero or MSI MEG Z390 Godlike boards as a better power matchup for this big build!

I recommend you move up to the excellent Corsair AX1200w digital modular PSU for Platinum level efficiency.    Longer warranty.   I have run one of those for many years and it’s an excellent PSU.

As budget does not seem to be a worry here, you should know that to save money... DS usually uses stock air cooled RTX 2080 Ti cards and removes the fan shroud and heatsinks, to replace it with a DS custom water block.    They can if you wish order any specific brand factory water block cooled RTX 2080 Ti you might desire...such as the excellent EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Copper or any other card you might want.   That said, 2X of the top GPU, on water cooling will get you the best graphics performance to be had in consumer gaming.    

Your HydroLux Pro cooling will be excellent in the big Aventum, and flexible tubing is the smartest choice for surviving shipping intact...and for the ease of getting around it to clean or do any upgrades/maintenance.     I do understand the desire for color, I’ve done it too...lol...but I have to say that clear coolant is the more practical choice for quick & easy coolant fluid top offs down the road (no color mixing) and the ability at all times to see clearly how clean or dirty your coolant might be.    Those excellent Corsair LL Series RGB fans are the most RGB unique fans with both a lighted outer ring and lighted hubs, and there’s 14 fans on that monster build so it’s quite a big deal.     The ML Series fans do have longer lasting mag lev bearings, but the more simple RGB light show is no comparison to the LL Series fans.    I have a Lumos rig with the LL fans, and it’s amazing the range of different color schemes you can design.    The DS noise tuning is a waste of money...   You would still hear 14 case fans regardless of speed tuning, and the rather obvious point of all those big radiators and 14 fans in the Aventum case is MAX cooling, so you should want the top fan performance and speeds necessary to keep all temps under control.    You will download the Corsair iCue software to control the colors of your Corsair RGB fans and Corsair RGB RAM.

That’s my take on your build...going to be a killer Aventum gaming rig!

Edited by HockeyBuck - 29 May 2019 at 2:57pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2019 at 4:34pm
Welcome to DS.
I echo HockeyBuck in that you have come up with a killer and his suggestions are spot on. I can only add that I would use the much faster NVM Express M.2 drives for storage instead of SSDs. Personally I'd go for the 970 Pro in 1TB since you are going for the best. That monster will run 4K rather nicely.
Enjoy and keep us posted.Big%20Smile
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2019 at 5:58pm
Lol... Thanks to hose for catching my omission for switching to the Samsung M.2 NVME SSD !

M.2 NVME SSD drives are 5 x faster than SATA SSD drives...
You will actually have two M.2 slots on the Z390 mobo where you could use an M.2 NVME drive, so do take advantage of that. You could do a NVME drive 1 for your boot/op system drive, and a NVME drive 2 for your game files.

Edited by HockeyBuck - 29 May 2019 at 5:58pm
Rambler94 View Drop Down

Quote Rambler94 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2019 at 6:11pm
I really appreciate your reply!!
I been saving for a while and always wanted to get a great gaming pc and had always read about "future proofing" so i waited (no matter how dam hard it was) to afford something crazy. Thats good to know about the DS "quiet the fans for you" thing and didnt know the fans had something like that, i always thought it would be some complacated deal to turn them up or down.....and ok good i had no idea what kind of mother bored i would have needed, i just want to really make sure with what i have is PERFECT
Rambler94 View Drop Down

Quote Rambler94 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2019 at 6:12pm
oh man i just seen yall when i posted that, thank yall for the input!
Rambler94 View Drop Down

Quote Rambler94 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2019 at 6:32pm
OK.....i changed to what yall recommended except for the NVME for the boot drive/OS witch im guessing would be just installing 2 of them? But i thought all that RAM that did deals with that?

And i will defiantly keep yall updated on this! Once me and the fam finally move to ND to our house i will have space for this BEAST and the desk and monitors!
Rambler94 View Drop Down

Quote Rambler94 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2019 at 7:08pm
Also......I was planning on 3 Monitors 4k curved with gsynk, is it worth it haveing 3? or just one big ole curved one?
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:00am
You want NVME instead of SATA for booting up the OS and games. You can have  NVME for primary/OS and  SATA SSD for secondary storage.

Don't know about the monitors all being 4K. That's a lot of real estate to move at max settings.  Someone with more knowledge will assist. With Nvidia cards you want GSync monitors.

Enjoy. Big%20Smile

Edited by hoserator - 30 May 2019 at 12:02am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2019 at 4:45am
You definitely want an NVMe drive for your primary OS and often used apps. It's not needed for your games so much. If all you do mostly is game, the 250Gb Samsung 970 EVO may be all you need for those things. But, you definitely want that speed when you're booting and scanning for viruses and malware, etc.! Then you could go with the 860 EVO for your games library, and an HDD for everything else.

Your RAM doesn't directly affect speed of your storage devices

Edited by Cretae - 30 May 2019 at 4:49am
Rambler94 View Drop Down

Quote Rambler94 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2019 at 7:42pm
GOTCHA! Makes sense to me!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2019 at 2:52am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2019 at 2:09pm

Strong
 Post Reply Post Reply