Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dax8472 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dax8472 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Looking to get a new pc
    Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 7:43pm

Hello everyone!

I am looking into buying a desktop for the first time. I have had a few laptops and my current computer is a Surface pro 3. I am starting to get into pc gaming and find my surface is extremely limiting.

My current budget is around 1300 for everything.

I would like a computer that can easily perform well while playing games, streaming tv and movies, and other everyday tasks.

I currently stream a lot of movies and tv shows on my surface. I am currently playing a limited version of minecraft and star trek online. I would like to play other games like smite or anything else that peaks my interest that I can not currently do with my surface. Ideally in the near future, I would like to use the computer to stream on twitch, both video games and the numerous arts and crafts I do. I am hoping to have two monitors if I can but if budget is to tight I can always us my surface for somethings. I would like the main monitor to be large enough to watch videos from 10 to 15 feet away.

I have been looking at the Vanquish level 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much and I hope you have a beautiful day.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 2:44am
Your budget for pc and monitor pretty much restricts you to the Vanquish level 1. It is an entry level gaming pc that can play games , stream, etc but only on light weight games for decent frame rates.

My advice , and I do understand a tight budget, is to put your budget just to the pc and get the level 2 Vanquish. It’ll be a Huge boost in gaming, like 3x the level 1, in case you ever wanted to play more demanding games.

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 7:40am
Have to echo bprat. The Vanq 1 is pretty rudimentary for getting you off the ground, but my fear is that there's not enough future in that setup.

Seems to me the Vanq 2 will keep you satisfied for at least a couple of years. Plenty of time to find the funds for other upgrades to your experience, and still have a capable rig. The 1050 GPU is okay, but the 1060 is real power going forward.

Hope that helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply