FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Love my new ODE 3!

Post Date: 2011-07-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JimA View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Love my new ODE 3!
    Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 1:01pm

Hi All,

Just got my DS ODE3 delivered on Friday and loving it!  As expected from my reading on the forums the experience with DS has been fantastic from assistance choosing a system, to delivery (shipped within 72 hours as advertised) and support (had to call about a dialogue box that kept showing up on bootup).

So far I've played EQ2 and a bit of Crysis 2 on it.  I had been playing EQ2 on my old PC (7 years old) and playing it on the ODE 3 is like playing a new game.  Graphics are way better and the game is so smooth and fast now.  Loving it!

Folks seems keen on pics so even though it is a standard PC from DS here are a few I took.

I do have a couple of issues/questions I figured I'd post and see what type of response I get here before calling for support.

When I play a blue ray movie the voices are only coming out of the center speaker.  Sounds come out of the other four speakers and the subwoofer but not voices.  Maybe it's supposed to be like this?  If so I'm not too keen on it and would rather voices come from all speakers.

Also, I was experiencing choppiness and 30 second (or so) freezes when playing blue ray movies.  I tested this again last night and it wasn't happening but it concerns me that it was happening at all with this brand new powerful machine.  Guess I'll look for more help if I see it happening again.

Thanks for any thoughts.  Psyched to be part of the DS community now and to have my awesome new PC!  Looks as though I'll be getting DS PC's from now on... Big%20Smile

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 2:50pm
Congrats
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 4:56pm
mmmm 570's in sli, very nice rig and congrats.
WardTheSteak View Drop Down

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 3:05am
Hmm sounds like an issue with either your speakers, the player, or the sound setup with realtek.  First I would go into the sound options of your media playback and make sure the settings match your speaker setup, also do the same in realtek.  If not that then it could be your speakers or how you set them up.  Also, about the choppiness a lot could cause that, maybe something with the dvd itself, the program you're running could be having issues.  Other then that Idk.  Anyways, congrats on the new rig and welcome to the community!
JimA View Drop Down

Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 3:50pm
Thanks. After doing some research it seems the sound is supposed to work that way. Not psyched about the sound I'm getting for movies (not psyched about the tv sound using the hdmi cable or the 5.1 surround sound speakers through on board sound card) but it's good enough to deal with. Sound for everything else (games) is fine. Choppiness during movies hasn't occurred again so letting that one go for now.
Jawa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jawa Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 4:04pm
That is one good looking and beastly machine.  Enjoy!  Awesome
Proud owner of an ODE-3 (version 1).
m3nt0s View Drop Down

Quote m3nt0s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 1:08pm
That machine looks awesome! Just from looking over the specs, that ODE 3 gives serious bang-for-your-buck performance. Need a lights-out photo!
Ordered 8/1/11 / 800D / 2600K / EVGA GTX 590 / 16GB DDR3 / Sabertooth P67 / 1000W PSU / 1TB WD Caviar (OS) / 2TB WD Caviar (Media) / PCI 802.11n (Bad Dog) / Max Noise Suppression / Max Warranty
JimA View Drop Down

Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 10:27pm

Here ya go.

michael2117 View Drop Down

Quote michael2117 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 7:27am
These are killer machines. Good to see you're enjoying it. Bought an ODE3 beginning of August 2011. Couldn't be happier. But mine came with a GTX590 which is pretty much equal to two 570s in sli. It's been great. Fast-fast-fast. Moved up from a HP with an AMD 6000+ dual core. There's no comparison. The ODE3 screams. 
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 3:58pm
Looks greatAwesome
Let the gaming begin.Big%20Smile 
Convicts_Cranium View Drop Down

Quote Convicts_Cranium Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 10:37pm
Congrats...ill be ordering my ODE lvl 3 come janurary Big%20Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply