FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lumos Build Shuts Off By Itself, Liquid Cooling?

Post Date: 2019-12-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Digitroni View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Digitroni Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Lumos Build Shuts Off By Itself, Liquid Cooling?
    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:04pm
Hello. I've just received my Lumos custom PC and set up the liquid cooling (with little to no instructions on how to do so). After turning on the computer, it shuts off by itself within a minute. Would this be from adding an insufficient amount of liquid cooling solution? Having the HydroLux Lite, the screw is located on the underside of the pump. Once I turned it upside down and added the liquid solution to about 80-90% full, I screwed it back on and flipped it back over. This caused all the liquid in the storage to disappear. Nothing is leaking. Is this supposed to happen, and is it related to it shutting off by itself? Thanks!

Build configuration:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (12-Core) 4.6 GHz Turbo
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON (Wi-Fi) (X570 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 850W Corsair RM850x (Fully Modular)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux LITE: Integrated Cooling System (CPU Only)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Clear Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: Option Not Available
CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: MSI 31.5 inch MAG321CQR Curved Series (144Hz Refresh) (1ms Response) (2560x1440)

Edited by Digitroni - 10 Dec 2019 at 7:28pm
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:41pm
Sorry to hear you are having some trouble booting the new rig.   

Did you by chance ask DS to ship the HydroLux Lite cooler drained, as normally they ship all coolers filled with coolant and there is nothing for you to do but boot up?   If that wasn’t pre-arranged, then a possible coolant leak in shipping could cause component issues. The Lite unit doesn’t hold all that much fluid.

With that Swiftech cooler/ reservoir/pump combo unit, when Lumos is on it’s feet the glass reservoir should be full...so if it still needs coolant you will need to top it off.   

I don’t know why it fails to boot, but like all just out of the box systems, shipping bumps can dislodge or damage things...so before connecting power you should ground yourself by holding the metal case frame to eliminate static electricity...then make sure your video card is firmly down into it’s PCIE motherboard slot, and same thing with your RAM DIMM sticks and power plugs and cables.    Take a few photos for your use, and in case DS Support asks for pics...DS takes QC final pics, and fully stress tests the rig at full load before they ship to you, so if shipping causes a problem they can show before pics.   They can prove it worked fine when they boxed it.

If after filling and checks, if fails to boot, note what your motherboard leds are doing and what if anything you see on the monitor.. DS will want to know, and in that case you should either start a Support ticket now and wait for them to recontact you, or call DS Support in the morning Pacific Time for help.   

Good luck...let us know how this goes..   Support is very good at figuring it all out..
btw...I noticed you didn’t have the Verified Customer badge.   You forum email and your DS Order email need to match to get the badge, and Support will only have your purchase email to use.

Edited by HockeyBuck - 10 Dec 2019 at 8:44pm
Digitroni View Drop Down

Quote Digitroni Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:44am
I assume their reasoning for it not being filled is that I live in Illinois, and it would freeze. A separate box with the coolant shipped on a different day, and there was a bit of liquid droplets left in the tube. I don't understand how to fill this pump, as it just drains inside the pump itself and "disappears". So I'm unsure if I need to repeatedly fill it up and flip it over again and again until the container is filled. I'll make sure to start a ticket and to call them. I'll definitely make sure to check all the connections as well. Thank you!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 4:08am
Your freeze theory makes good sense. I've heard of that happening.

It's "disappearing" into the lines running to your CPU block and radiator. You do need to keep filling until the reservoir is 90-95% full. IDK why your reservoir doesn't have a fill opening on top. That's pretty dumb IMHO, and almost all of your difficulty here.
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:12am
Fill port isn’t on the top of the Swiftec HydroLux Lite cooler because in this combo pump/radiator/reservoir design the top is all radiator and fans.   Fill port is on the right side of the reservoir so you tilt the case back on its rear I/O to access it.   Offers the compactness of a near AIO design, but with more coolant, visible res and choices of tubing, and the ability to top off or change out coolant to maintain top performance.    A step up for those wanting a just bit more than an AIO.   
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 3:34am
TY   
 Post Reply Post Reply