Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alonzo Harris View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alonzo Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Lumos Level 3
    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:37am
Hey all

I just wanted advice from anyone who has enough knowledge to help out with this situation I’m in. I’m trying to buy a gaming PC that I can run 1080p at ultra settings with 140 FPS preferred on games like fortnite and gears of war but I’m also okay with 120 FPS. Also a little bit of editing, nothing super hard but just some simple stuff. I was looking at getting the lumos level 3 edition. I went over each component of the PC And was pretty satisfied with the answers I got plus the design is cool but just wanted some more feedback. I’m looking to stream in the future as well. Specifically playing on Xbox but having the stream and twitch/mixer up on my PC. Is this model good for those needs? If not any recommendations would be great! I appreciate the time and effort.
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 4:48pm
Welcome to the forums Alonzo Harris !

What monitor are you planning to use?
What is your budget?

For 1080P gaming at High settings I normally start with the mid-range RTX 2070 video card as sufficient.

At Ultra settings for the highest FPS I would recommend the RTX 2080, or its higher priced cousin the RTX 2080 Ti.   Those cards would game with top FPS on 2k or 4k monitors on Ultra settings.

Video editing, encoding and streaming are CPU-centric activities that like multi core processors, and at least 32 GB RAM.   I would suggest using either the Intel I7-9700K 8 core/8 thread CPU, or the Intel I9-9900K 8 core/16 thread CPU.   DS offers a free Stage 1 Overclock of those excellent processors.

Alonzo Harris View Drop Down

Quote Alonzo Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 11:26pm
I have a 1080p 144hz monitor currently and budget wise I’m not really looking to spend more then $1700 . I plan on upgrading in the future most likely but I was hoping I can manage with the lumos for awhile
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 12:28pm
Don't know what a Lumos level 3 is. are you meaning the Lynx level 3? If so, that rig is right at the edge for those frames on ultra. You'd do better for all your use if you can squeeze out another $200 for the Lynx level 4.

The RTX 2070 is the card you want for that kind of high performance at 1080p across the board. The mighty i7 9700k will serve you very well for your other uses. You can do light editing pretty well on the 16GB of RAM, and you can add more if needed very easily. The tensor cores of the RTX line are designed to help your CPU with streaming.

The level 3 will work, but the video performance will top out under 120fps on ultra settings.
 Post Reply Post Reply