FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lumos liquid cooling maintenance

Post Date: 2023-03-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sokka View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sokka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Lumos liquid cooling maintenance
    Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 5:40pm
what exactly do they mean by "no maintenance"

does that mean I won't have to do anything relating to the liquid cooling whatsoever?

or will the pc stop working or perform worse if I never maintain it
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 9:14pm
If you ordered a Vortex AiO CPU cooler for your new Lumos rig, "no maintenance" means the coolant is permanently sealed inside the units radiator and tubing, and can't be accessed....so no filling or draining is possible with an AiO cooler.   Some coolant evaporation will still occur anyway over a long period of time, so when your CPU temps indicate it's no longer working up to expectations, you would then replace the whole CPU cooler with a new one. Should be several years before that should happen.

Keep in mind that with any PC, you will need to deal with dust accumulation on fans, radiator and inside the case periodically. Dust is an inevitable enemy of electronics, and dust free fans and components just work better and last way longer.
Sokka View Drop Down

Quote Sokka Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:01am
so if I got one of the liquid cooled lynx pc prebuilts how many years would I be able to keep it without touching it a single bit other than cleaning dust.

and when it does come time to "maintain" the cooling components how exactly would I do that?
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:40pm
Generally you will never have any problems with your AIO and will change the pc before it dies. That said, it could die after 1 month of use. That's why you have warranties. To "maintain",  if the pump dies you just change the whole thing. The only part you can fix would be the fan(s) if they malfunction or die.

Enjoy your system and game on.
Smile
fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 4:57pm
I have had two PCs with AIOs, the sealed-no maintenance type. I have had one with an open loop and reservoir, NEVER again. The AIOs were still running strong after 5 years and time to spec a new PC. Like others have said, if the pump fails, very rare, you replace the whole thing, if fan(s) fail just replace the bad fan(s). Odds are in your favor that all you have to do is routine dust maintenance.

Edited by fwfdfireman - 26 Mar 2023 at 4:58pm
Old Gamers Never Die!
 Post Reply Post Reply