FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lumos ordered and moving so fast!

Post Date: 2020-09-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
futurehunter2010 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote futurehunter2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Lumos ordered and moving so fast!
    Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 5:50pm
I ordered my custom Lumos on 9/17 around noon my time and it went to Stage 1 the same day. Today, 9/18, it went to Stage 2 (was slightly worried about this stage) and then Stage 3. Its really flying through the process so far and I am really excited to be doing 4K pc gaming soon!

Update: Now at Stage 4! Will not be getting it for awhile though due to switching to the Founders Edition 3080 but I am so stoked to be getting that GPU.

Update 2 (10/15/2020): Now on Stage 5! I am so excited its so close and yet so far!

Update 3 (10/22/2020): Now on Stage 6! Really looking forward to getting it so I can do a full review of it and the process. I was so happy with DS team communication with my GPU change and the stages.

Update 4 (also final)(10/23/2020): Alright so this morning I moved to Stage 4 and just a few minutes ago I got the shipping email (waited to update since they said this would come at the end of the day it was shipped). I am so excited to be getting my PC. My review will be done in a new post with pictures. My only remaining item to complete my step up, at least for now, is a monitor but I will likely be waiting a few months on that and using my TV in the meantime. I am getting a PS5 as well and I am waiting to see if any good options for 4K monitors with HDMI 2.1 get released soon. A couple have been announced but supply and demand plus g-sync compatibility is something I will need to look for. Thank you for following my journey and I look forward to posting my review!

Here are the specs:

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (16-Core) 4.7 GHz Turbo
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) (AMD X570 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices) <br><strong></strong>
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series <br><strong></strong>
Power Supply: 850W Corsair / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: External USB Digital Media Card Reader <br><strong></strong>
Optical Drive: External USB - Blu-Ray & DVD Multi-Drive (Burn + Play Blu-Ray & DVDs) (6x BD-R) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 2: 2x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3080 10GB (Founders Edition)(VR Readu)(ETA MID-OCTOBER) - Changed on 9/22/2020 to the Founders Edition
Sound Card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus <br><strong></strong>
HPC Processor: Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K (6G-SDI) (2160p30) (HDR) <br><strong></strong>
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects) <br><strong></strong>
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes) <br><strong></strong>
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: Option Not Available
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost OS: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system <br><strong></strong>
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks

I will be sure to supply a full review with pictures when I am able. Now to clear off my desk in preparation!

Edited by futurehunter2010 - 23 Oct 2020 at 5:20pm
Just ordered my first custom PC!
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 12:29am
Very nice!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 4:26am
Storage Set 1 is a SATA drive. An NVME drive is up to 5 times faster. The Firecudas are Gen 4 PCIe parts that mate with your AMD 570 chipset. The "OS boost" is totally not necessary.

Just saying.
austyn123 View Drop Down

Quote austyn123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 7:01am
Damn nice rig man. I ordered a velox x with an i9 10850k and rtx 3080 on sept 6 still in stage 1. Patiently waiting haha.
keitht06 View Drop Down

Quote keitht06 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 5:17pm
Well until the card situations get worked out it could cause a wait on the 3080's

Edited by keitht06 - 19 Sep 2020 at 5:17pm
austyn123 View Drop Down

Quote austyn123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 7:53am
Nah they have 3080s my wait was on the case as it was backordered for awhile.
fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 8:16am
Originally posted by austyn123

Nah they have 3080s my wait was on the case as it was backordered for awhile.

They are expecting a shipment of the Velox cases this coming week.
austyn123 View Drop Down

Quote austyn123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:10pm
Awesome thanks man. Will be well worth the wait!

Quote futurehunter2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by keitht06

Well until the card situations get worked out it could cause a wait on the 3080's

Stage 2 was the inventory and I went to Stage 3 (initial setup) the same day so I am not worried about that now. That was why I was worried about Stage 2 though. I had no doubt that Digital Storm and companies like them already had orders in, I was just worried if any would be left for my build or if I would have to wait for the next round.

Quote futurehunter2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:23pm

Damn nice rig man. I ordered a velox x with an i9 10850k and rtx 3080 on sept 6 still in stage 1. Patiently waiting haha.

I seesawed between a Lumos frame and a velox frame but I always liked the look of the Lumos frame better and after finding out in the forums that the velox frames had gone out of stock and thus on backorder I decided to definitely go with the Lumos.
austyn123 View Drop Down

Quote austyn123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 10:12am
The lumos is a very nice case too. I didnt know the velox was backordered until i read on here but the wait is almost over!

Edited by austyn123 - 22 Sep 2020 at 10:14am
Raosien View Drop Down

Quote Raosien Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:18am
Wait how does that work? I ordered my bolt x one day before you with a 3080 and I'm still on stage two, I called in today and apparently my build doesn't have one yet..

Quote futurehunter2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Raosien

Wait how does that work? I ordered my bolt x one day before you with a 3080 and I'm still on stage two, I called in today and apparently my build doesn't have one yet..

Well I just upgraded to the founders edition today so maybe you will get the 3080 that was pulled for my original setup. Was the 3080 the only part they were waiting on? Plus if you ordered only a day before me then you are still within the Stage 2 timeframe so I would not worry about it too much.
Raosien View Drop Down

Quote Raosien Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by futurehunter2010

Well I just upgraded to the founders edition today so maybe you will get the 3080 that was pulled for my original setup. Was the 3080 the only part they were waiting on? Plus if you ordered only a day before me then you are still within the Stage 2 timeframe so I would not worry about it too much.

I hope,don't want to have to wait another month - on top of the 15-20 day wait time. I wish the website gave me a disclaimer or something before.. I was naieve to think that just because the option was there it would be available

Quote futurehunter2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:14pm

I hope,don't want to have to wait another month - on top of the 15-20 day wait time. I wish the website gave me a disclaimer or something before.. I was naieve to think that just because the option was there it would be available

The wait is killer but I am fine with mine since I caused a delay by changing to a GPU thats not available until mid-october. I hope your delay is just because of how busy they are or it may be a different part than the GPU unless they confirmed that was what was causing the delay. You can always reach out about switching parts. There was no restocking fee for me to do it at Stage 3. I would wait until you have exhausted the Stage 2 timeframe before doing so though.
Raosien View Drop Down

Quote Raosien Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 1:30pm
Hopefully man
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 4:15pm
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

Raosien View Drop Down

Quote Raosien Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 4:51pm

The wait is killer but I am fine with mine since I caused a delay by changing to a GPU thats not available until mid-october. I hope your delay is just because of how busy they are or it may be a different part than the GPU unless they confirmed that was what was causing the delay. You can always reach out about switching parts. There was no restocking fee for me to do it at Stage 3. I would wait until you have exhausted the Stage 2 timeframe before doing so though.

10 business days later I'm still on stage 2 with no updates from anyone.

What stage are you on?
austyn123 View Drop Down

Quote austyn123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:17pm

What stage are you on?

Ordered a velox x here on september 3rd and still on stage 2 myself. Been stuck at stage 2 for awhile. Trying to keep my patience as best I can lol. No-one has told me what I'm waiting on either. I couldn't imagine my wait being on the gpu side of things as people that have ordered well after I did have seen further progress on their build.

Edited by austyn123 - 02 Oct 2020 at 9:19pm
Raosien View Drop Down

Quote Raosien Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 10:29pm

What stage are you on?

Ordered a velox x here on september 3rd and still on stage 2 myself. Been stuck at stage 2 for awhile. Trying to keep my patience as best I can lol. No-one has told me what I'm waiting on either. I couldn't imagine my wait being on the gpu side of things as people that have ordered well after I did have seen further progress on their build.

Dang, have you called anyone about that? I know I read somewhere here that the Velox cases were super popular or some sh*t and therefore there was a chance that you might have to wait on the case itself. I don't think thats my issue as I ordered the Bolt and I don't think thats nearly as popular
austyn123 View Drop Down

Quote austyn123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 12:02am

What stage are you on?

Dang, have you called anyone about that? I know I read somewhere here that the Velox cases were super popular or some sh*t and therefore there was a chance that you might have to wait on the case itself. I don't think thats my issue as I ordered the Bolt and I don't think thats nearly as popular

No I haven't called yet. It was from others on here that had also informed me of the case being on backorder which i understand. I did hear they were supposed to get a new order of cases in earlier this week so hopefully some progress soon. Hard to believe it's been a month since i pulled the trigger lol. Either way I hope your rig gets built soon as it sounds like one hell of a rig! My specs: i9 10850k rtx 3080 16gb 3200mhz ram samsung 970 pro boot nvme drive!
Raosien View Drop Down

Quote Raosien Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 1:23pm
I hope yours does too. I really want some actual answers though this is annoying.

Quote futurehunter2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 3:21pm

I hope yours does too. I really want some actual answers though this is annoying.

Not sure if yours has progressed but apparently the hold up is that the 3080 cards were/are trickling in. Or at least that is what I am reading in the forums.

Edited by futurehunter2010 - 22 Oct 2020 at 3:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply