FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lumos / Velox

Post Date: 2019-06-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
morzh View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morzh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Lumos / Velox
    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 2:25pm
Budget:
[~3K$ but could be increased if justified]

Expectations:
[Not for me, for my son. He wants a gaming computer, I want to give him something that has growth potential and won't be considered semi-inept in 2-3 years].

Usage:
[Gaming and general computer usage (Gaming/Internet/Homework/Music playing/Video)]

Special Needs:
[Not sure]

Saved Ticket #: [Please Type Here]

Specifications:
[Please Type Here]
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 4:20pm
Welcome to the forum morzh !

We usually look for a bit more info like what games does he play, what monitor and resolution does he get to use... I can generalize a bit with some suggested Lumos & Velox builds for you to consider.    All will use the Excellent I7-9700K 8 core 8 thread CPU overclocked to Stage1 using the excellent Corsair H100i 240mm (no maintenance) sealed AIO cooler, 16 gb of Corsair Vengeance RAM, Corsair LL Series fans, and the solid Asus Z390 Strix -H motherboard.   These are all very high quality components, and the Corsair branded selections in particular have nice long mfg warranties.

Lumos case is the outstanding Corsair Crystal Series 570X tempered glass ATX case, with normal motherboard orientation and door on normal left side.    I bought a Lumos build for my own son this year very similar to Lumos build2, and that is a great performing gaming rig.   Visually stunning, it’s quite a showpiece with user controlled RGB led fans and case lighting.   Stays nice and cool, and is very quiet in a bedroom location as well.

Velox is a DS designed ATX case, with upside down motherboard orientation and door on the right.   Velox case is more expensive to use, and places the video card upside down at the top of the case. Velox has an unusual option for painting the case in selected colors for an added +$149.

Gaming quality tends to rely most heavily on the video card.    Builds Lumos1 and Velox1 center on using the do-it-all midrange RTX 2070 video card.   This card can play most current game titles at high settings at 1080P or 2k /1440 at very good frame rates.   Good value.

Lumos build1. ($2677). Config # 2440675

Excellent I7-9700K 8 core 8 thread CPU overclocked (free) Stage1
Excellent Asus ROG Strix Z390-H motherboard
Corsair H100i AIO no maintenance CPU cooler
Corsair Vengeance RAM 16 gb RGB
DS 750w modular PSU Gold level efficiency
Excellent midrange NVidia RTX 2070 video card
Fast M.2 NVME SSD Samsung Evo 970 500 gb (boot) Drive1
SATA III 2 tb (storage) Drive2
Excellent Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB case fans
Free DS RGB led remote controlled case lights

Velox build 1 ($2811). Config # 2440697
Same above component selections but in the DS Velox case

Builds Lumos2 & Velox2 upgrade to the stronger NVidia RTX 2080 video card and Stronger Corsair 850w PSU.    The RTX 2080 can play most current game titles at High or Ultra settings using monitors with up to 4K resolutions and will produce higher frame rates in gaming. This card would be more likely to stay up near the top tier of performance in gaming video cards for a bit longer than would the RTX 2070.

Lumos build2. ($3070). Config # 2440702

*2 component changes from above selections*
Upgrades to the stronger NVidia RTX 2080 video card
Upgrades to stronger Corsair 850w PSU

Velox build 2. ($3204) Config # 2440717
Same as Lumos build 2 components but using DS Velox case

See what you think, or tinker and come up with your own configurations....

Edited by HockeyBuck - 24 Jun 2019 at 4:29pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 5:19am
Longevity.

The i7-9800K will be a gaming powerhouse for the forseeable future. This CPU is far beyond the basics needed for gaming with eight cores, and is lightning fast. Most of the other parts have 5 year manufacturer warranties that may well be expected to perform at least that long. My first DS gaming rig went over 7 years with not a single part failure. It still works fine, it just was time to move to a better tech.

To keep gaming at a high level, you may expect to upgrade the video card. I prefer to buy the GPU that serves you best right now, and upgrade to that same level card in perhaps 2-3 years with the newest tech out at that time. "Future proofing", is not a strategy that works well in graphics, IMO. Many people buy power they never really need, and then find the tech has so eclipsed the former generation or two when they finally need the power they bought, that they are better off getting the upgrade.

Hope it helps.

morzh View Drop Down

Quote morzh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 9:10am
Thanks for replying guys.

From reading some recent threads I realized that Lumos is a bit simpler to deal with (physically) than Velox, otherwise being the same hardware-wise.

What was confusing a bit, when clicking on Lumox, the first Intel configuration (the second out of the four) shows i9 but when going into it, it starts from i7.

So, here's a question: you saying i7 being powerhouse and all, what does (gaming-wise) i9 gen 9 and i9 X-series do for you? They sure do add a sizeable increase in bucks count.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 11:44am
Let’s remember that your sons stated pc uses are gaming/ homework/music/video.     Both CPU’s would work well.

The I7-9700K CPU has 8 cores and 8 logical threads.    I9-9900K is the newer more expensive processor and uses Hyperthreading to double the virtual threads, so it has the same 8 cores but has 16 logical threads.     Gaming is generally more of a GPU intensive task, so very few games can make much use of Hyperthreading and the extra 8 virtual threads of the I9-9900K CPU.    

When we Overclock the two processors for top performance, the I7-9700K is the easier CPU to Overclock to best frequency because it uses less power and generates less heat at load than the I9-9900K.    Remembering that the I9-9900K is a lot more expensive, it does test a few frames per sec faster than the I7-9700K, but not enough to notice much practical difference between the two processors in gaming.

That makes the I7-9700K the much stronger value choice of the two, because in gaming performance they are neck & neck.

The I9-9900K shines in CPU intensive professional tasking like video encoding and rendering.     Unless you are doing CPU intensive stuff, the best tool is the one that best fits the primary applications you will use.     The even more expensive I9-9900X (10 cores/20 threads) and it’s uphill cousins simply add more cores and more threads to the CPU mix at quite a high price premium.

For a young guy doing gaming and homework, music and video...if you are looking for a way to max out performance on this new rig during his fav uses, extra cash might be better spent in going after the very top GPU for about 10-15% boosted gaming performance using the strongest NVidia RTX 2080 Ti video card.     A few years down the road, it’s pretty easy to upgrade the GPU to the latest-greatest video card to keep a rig at the top of its game.    

Along the same lines, money spent on better HydroLux liquid cooling can lower temps further and produce more stabile Overclocks, and higher performance for both the CPU and GPU at gaming loads.    
It’s all about how much you wish to spend for that top performance.

morzh View Drop Down

Quote morzh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 12:02pm
HockeyBuck

Considering what you've just said (and yes I was planning for the 2080 GPU), what would be your suggested configuration?
(I think the memory should be at least 16GB and good disk/SS disk storage is helpful too.)

Mike

PS> In the i7 computers with Windows 10 I have noticed they have recently started struggling. Or does Gen 9 behave better?
PPS> Good Wi-Fi capability is also desirable.
PPPS>> What display would you recommend?

Edited by morzh - 25 Jun 2019 at 12:04pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 1:16pm
I7 processors are not having any more problems with Win 10 than I9.
I own a new Lumos using the I7-9700K Overclocked to Stage 1 and it’s trouble free and absolutely excellent for my son in gaming and every other use.

In monitors, I would recommend you choose an IPS monitor from the NVidia GSync tested lists.    These panels have the best color range and will work best with your NVidia RTX video card.     I think the Dell Alienware 34” AW3418DW IPS 3440 x 1440 120 Hz is one of the best panels out there right now.   You can view the latest NVidia GSync tested monitor list at this NVidia link:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

If you would like to max out the GPU by upgrading to the top line RTX 2080 Ti, and would like wi-fi (mobo change) and more storage, this is the configuration I would assemble.    It doubles the size of the fast Drive1 M.2 NVME SSD to 1 TB size, and increases to 3TB size on the Storage Drive 2 SATA Drive.    Uses a stronger Asus Maximus Hero motherboard with excellent built in WiFi.     Keep in mind that the motherboard will have a second unused M.2 NVME Drive slot where your son can later easily add another M.2 NVME SSD for more fast storage.     It just plugs in to a socket on one end and a single screw secures it flat to the board.    Easy upgrade for down the road, when needed.   A Stage 2 Overclock upgrade also maxes out your excellent I7-9700K CPU performance.    This would be a very strong build, CPU and GPU, for gaming now and in the future looking quite a ways forward.

Lumos Build 3. ($3894). Config # 2442174

I7-9700K CPU w/ (+$99) *Upgraded to Stage 2 Overclock to 5 ghz
*Upgraded (+$144) Asus Z390 Maximus XI Hero motherboard w/ wi-fi
*Upgraded (+$71)    1 TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVME SSD Drive1
*Upgraded (+$23)    3 TB SATA Drive2
*Upgraded (+$487) RTX 2080 Ti GPU
Same 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB LED RAM
Same Corsair H100i 240mm AIO RGB LED CPU cooler
Same Corsair RM850X 850w Gold Efficiency modular PSU
Same Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB LED case fans

See what you think in particular of the extra expense for the very best RTX 2080 Ti GPU... You could still have a great gaming rig using the RTX 2080, but the 2080 Ti is the undisputed top dog GPU and the difference is measurable and would be very noticeable in gaming.    

Edited by HockeyBuck - 25 Jun 2019 at 1:29pm
morzh View Drop Down

Quote morzh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 2:38pm
Compared to the :

MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (microATX) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices)

What do I get from the Z390 Maximus?
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 4:04pm
Not a good comparison.   Motherboards come in sizes, as do cases to accommodate those boards.   You have a roomy full size ATX Lumos case and no need to use a small architecture size board with fewer SATA and PCIE ports and fewer USB.    The MSI Gaming Edge AC is a Micro ATX sized motherboard offered I think strictly for more cost options here.   No need to use a shrunken mobo.

A better comparison would be to the other very well regarded Wi-Fi equipped ATX sized motherboard - MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC. Either the Asus ROG Maximus Hero or the MSI Pro Carbon would get you on-board Wi-Fi.    Asus being a strong competitor itself in the Wi-Fi biz, the edge on Wi-Fi goes to Asus here.

The Asus ROG Maximus Hero is probably a step above the MSI Pro Carbon for it's stronger capacitor & mosfet section and overall better Overclocking support.   You also get a visible onboard Q-Code Reader which can be invaluable when any problems arise in diagnosing exactly what's wrong via the trouble codes on the board's small LCD screen seen top right on the board photo.   Can be a serious time saver!

As with all the order choices, it's your call on which components to use.   Better components do cost a bit more.   I would be comfortable using either board, but the better Overclocking and Wi-Fi board would be the Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, and the Q-Code Reader is worth the extra cost in my experience....something less expensive boards won't have.

Edited by HockeyBuck - 25 Jun 2019 at 4:05pm
morzh View Drop Down

Quote morzh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 9:09am
HockeyBuck

Thanks for explaining.
I only compared it because when you click on the MoBo choice you get this as an option with WiFi.
OK, got it. Time to think.

So, the last question: the GPU 2080 Ti you recommended: is it strongly recommended upgrade vs 2080 (which in itself is an upgrade)?
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 10:16am
I think the RTX 2080 is worth the price and should stay a top performing GPU for several years.   The RTX 2080 Ti is better...but for my son’s Lumos rig I did not feel like I needed to put +$400 more into the GPU.    Go with the RTX 2080 and his gaming performance will be fantastic enough!    NVidia puts out something new and better every year, but it will be several years before an upgrade will be justified...and it’s an easy and expected thing to replace a video card when that time comes...lol.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 12:01pm
Ahh, cooler heads have prevailed. The $487 more for 10-15% performance increase of a 2080 Ti is not a solid return for something you would be unlikely to even notice. That savings can be counted toward the GPU upgrade a few years from now when ray tracing and tensor cores have matured a bit, and all the cards are faster. You will have all the 2080 Ti performance and more in the newest model of a 2080 at that point.

A thing you might wish to consider is something I have found in my use. You might prefer the Samsung 970 250 GB NVMe for its economy of size for your operating system and all the utilities you might want to manage it with (malware and anti-spyware utilities and the like). Also the word processor and other productivity apps and web browsers for school work.

Then you could add a larger NVMe or perhaps a Samsung 1TB 860 SATA drive for the games library. Seems to me to be neater than partitioning, and makes it easier to know where to find things.
morzh View Drop Down

Quote morzh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 12:53pm
Buck,

Makes sense

Cretae

Why not 3TB SATA for the 2nd drive? Considering it is not that much more? Or is the Samsung 1TB faster/more reliable?

Edited by morzh - 26 Jun 2019 at 12:54pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 2:48pm
Yes, absolutely. The Samsungs are solid state drives (SSDs) they have no moving parts, and the SATA one is up to 4x faster than a mechanical hard drive (HDD). As HB said, the NVMes are even 5x faster than that. You want an NVMe for Windows and all those programs that search all your files for viruses, malware and spyware. Speed really matters a lot with those. If all that stuff is on a small drive, those searches are expedited even better. That's why I prefer a small primary drive.

The suggestion of a SATA ssd for games is rooted in my opinion that those are plenty fast enough for gameplay, and you can get a larger one for less money than an NVMe. Example: here at DS the 1TB 860 EVO (SATA) is $193, the 1TB 970 EVO NVMe is $336.

About the only use many have for HDDs these days is for storage of large amounts of photos, video, audio, and other large files. I kinda made the assumption your son would have little or none of that to store.

When I ran HockeyBuck's config with a 250 GB Nvme and a 1TB SATA Samsung, it saved some money. Really quite a long way down the road when your son needs more space, you can get any flavor of SSD that suits you online and save even more. It is VERY easy to install an SSD, even an NVMe.

This is just a suggestion. If you get the 1TB NVMe In HB's congfig, it will take much longer to search all the files for all that gunk we have to watch out for. A concern is maybe the (young?) man won't do that so often and let his system get bogged down or infected. HDDs are almost obsolete IMO since SSDs have come down so far in cost just in the last 18 months.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Cretae - 26 Jun 2019 at 2:50pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:18pm
Cretae is very experienced and very careful in maintaining that smaller 250 gb sized C Drive 1 (Boot), but we would differ in opinion about the best size to recommend for C Drive 1 for new PC customers...lol.   

Most of us find C drive fills up way quicker than we would like... Programs & downloads tend to automatically install to C (Drive 1) unless you can stop & redirect them elsewhere...
You need to leave about 20% free space in any Windows Drive or problems begin to develop.   A C Drive replacement/upgrade in size also includes moving the operating system and key files.
Not a simple task for average users to manage, so these days with lowering drive prices I would not recommend a smaller 250 GB Drive 1.   Go 500 GB minimum size or more and you might never need to worry about changing out Drive 1.   Interest in more storage was mentioned so I changed Drive 1 to the 1 TB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD.   

SATA III SSD's are limited to the exact same top speed as SATA III HDD's at 6 GBPS max.   Benefit is no moving parts inside to malfunction, and less heat is generated by the SATA SSD.   

M.2 NVME SSD drives can access data 5x faster than SATA III 6 gbps drives of all type.   They do this by instead utilizing the faster PCIE bus that video card slots use.   

If you can afford to use M.2 NVME drives for Drive 1 and/or Drive 2...then that's the best, fastest and more future proof choice.   If you have to compromise like most of us do, then using a standard SATA III 6 gbps SSD or normal SATA III HDD for your (storage) Drive 2 selection will help make the budget limits work.   A SATA III HDD will be less expensive than a SATA III SSD.    2 TB or 3 TB size ought to be plenty of storage space for an average users Drive 2.

With all of this Drive info now...lol...you should be able to decide for yourself what type and size Drive 1 & Drive 2 expense is best to select for your lucky son's new build.   Either way you go, it will be an impressive DS PC for your son to enjoy for many years ahead.

Edited by HockeyBuck - 26 Jun 2019 at 5:22pm
morzh View Drop Down

Quote morzh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 6:39am
HockeyBuck

So, based on the recent conversation (sorry, yesterday spent the whole day in a compliance testing lab fighting an EFT test misbehavior, so was out of juice to do anything after additional aggravation of 2hr drive home), could you suggest the finalized configuration?

PS. Oh...where do I find that NVidia tested monitors' list?

Mike.

Edited by morzh - 28 Jun 2019 at 7:31am
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 9:48am
Sounds like a long day sir...

Look for an IPS monitor with NVidia GSync tech on board...
A good example would be the top rated Dell Alienware 34” AW3418DW
The link to the NVidia GSync tested /approved monitor lists:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

Dropping back to the excellent RTX 2080 video card cuts the price by $487.

Also...DS has a nice current promotional discount for spending $3000 that should show up on your order as a $300 discount off the build price...and reduce the below final build number to $3107.... I don’t know how long the promotion goes for.

Lumos final build4. ($3407). Config # 2446438

Intel I7-9700K 8 core/ 8 thread CPU w/ Stage 2 Overclock up to 5:1 GHz
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390 ATX motherboard w/ WiFi
Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM 16 GB
Corsair H100i Pro 240mm RGB Stage 2 CPU Cooler (sealed/no maintenance)
Corsair RM850X 850w modular Power Supply
Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB NVME SSD (boot) Drive 1
3 TB SATA III 6gbps (Seagate/Toshiba/ Hitachi) Drive 2
NVidia RTX 2080 video card
Corsair LL Series RGB 120mm Case Fans
DS RGB Remote Control Case Lights (free)

This is a solid high performance gaming pc that also has plenty of storage for school work and music or video etc.   It’s also a visually stunning high tech piece of art that will look amazing on a desktop.   Your son can download the Corsair iCue software to control all the Corsair RGB lighting.

Let us know how the order goes for you!

morzh View Drop Down

Quote morzh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 10:20am
Me likes it.

Anything you think I forgot? And how do I place the order?

PS> Other than the Alienware, what would you recommend from the GeForce monitors? I mean, to max out the 2880 performance, do I need particular refresh speed? The resolution limitations or otherwise, maybe some are too low to showcase the performance?

PPS. Amazon has the DELL 140 bucks less than Dellitself

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Alienware-Monitor-Resolution-Overclocked/dp/B0777RY75V/ref=sr_1_3?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyOOz5NmM4wIVgkOGCh2Y-gK7EAAYAiAAEgLN5fD_BwE&hvadid=234003807029&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1022246&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=9514828152669806527&hvtargid=kwd-561768677232&hydadcr=13583_9271526&keywords=aw3418dw&qid=1561742932&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Edited by morzh - 28 Jun 2019 at 10:31am
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 12:34pm
In the DS header above right you should see a tool “Load Config”...
Click on that tool and fill in the Config # I provided...2446438
That will show you the whole build configuration as proposed, and you can check and finalize/ purchase the order with DS Sales from there by adding it to your cart..

That Alienware 34” curved panel is recognized as one of the very best out there,    Amazon’s price is very good right now, and it would be perfect for the RTX 2080 at   3440 X 1440p WQHD 120 Hz.    He will be able to use mostly Ultra settings in gaming driving that excellent panel.   Asus also makes some good IPS GSync panels.   

I think we have covered all the component bases pretty well.    

Edited by HockeyBuck - 28 Jun 2019 at 12:38pm
morzh View Drop Down

Quote morzh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 12:52pm
One last thing: (I was about to pay but have to ask first).

OK, I got the answers from the sales team.

Here's the main question:

The salesperson told me the Stage 2 overclocking is not really compatible with the suggested cooler. He said they would try it but they cannot guarantee it would work, suggesting either Stage 1 OC, or a different cooler.

Do I really need St 2 OC?

Edited by morzh - 28 Jun 2019 at 2:06pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 2:15pm
1) most PCs no longer come with CD/DVD players...you can always get   
    an external player that would use a USB port if needed later.

2) the Lumos with the Asus ROG Maximus Hero XI mobo will have
    On the back panel 6 x USB 3.1 ports and 2 x USB 2 ports.
    There will also be 2 x USB 3.0 ports on the top back edge of the
     case.

3) No card reader, but you could add an external card reader that plugs
     into a USB port later if needed.   Most new PC’s do not have them
    now either.

4). You could switch to the larger Corsair H115i 280mm AIO cooler and keep the
      Stage 2 Overclock, or drop to a (free) milder Stage 1 Overclock and stay with
      the Corsair H110i 240mm cooler.     Up to you sir...but DS labels it a Stage 2
      capable cooler so if not they really need to change the label...lol.   

Edited by HockeyBuck - 28 Jun 2019 at 2:25pm
morzh View Drop Down

Quote morzh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 2:16pm
What about that overclocking?

Yes, I will simply buy external USB devices for CD/DVD and card reader.

Edited by morzh - 28 Jun 2019 at 2:17pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 2:31pm
Just use the bigger Corsair 280mm cooler for a Stage 2 Overclock and you are done...it’s just $30 more....same no maintenance cooler...
morzh View Drop Down

Quote morzh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 2:34pm
Thanks HB!

Got it now. $30 is not a biggie :)

Here's the final one:

Configuration Code: 2446887
Total Price with Instant Savings: $3,437.00

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7-9700K (4.9 GHz Turbo) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (RGB Light Bar)
Power Supply: 850W Corsair RM850x (Fully Modular)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (3TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H115i PRO - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance) <br><strong></strong>
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 5.1GHz on All CPU Cores
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Edited by morzh - 28 Jun 2019 at 2:44pm
morzh View Drop Down

Quote morzh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 2:50pm
Just ordered it.

HockeyBuck

Thanks for all your help!

Best

Mike.

Edited by morzh - 28 Jun 2019 at 2:50pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 3:45pm
Well done sir!    Congrats on your new Verified Customer badge!

Glad to help!   Now the wait begins...lol.    
 Post Reply Post Reply