Post Date: 2021-04-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rocketman71 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rocketman71 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: lumos vs lynx
    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:22am
So, my friend has a lynx level 2 and i have no clue as to what i need but he said that the lumos can not run call of duty (i have no idea if this is true because i have no knowledge on computers) and i was wondering if i could get some help on which is better for gaming (mostly cod)
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 2:03pm
The Lynx Lvl 2 is a capable prebuilt system with limited options and the Lumos is an open options model. There are no comparisons.

Edited by hoserator - 12 Apr 2021 at 2:04pm

Quote rocketman71 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by hoserator

The Lynx Lvl 2 is a capable prebuilt system with limited options and the Lumos is an open options model. There are no comparisons.
im sorry but can you explain the difference im not good on computer stuff
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by rocketman71

im sorry but can you explain the difference im not good on computer stuff

Let me see if I can help in non-computer terms... Please forgive the simplicity of this example.

You're hungry. You want a meal. You can go to a fast-food place and get a "Value Meal" with a set menu... Sandwich, side, drink. You get it for less money and it fixes your hunger. Or, you can order everything separate, like 2 sandwiches, small side, milkshake, large soda and a dessert cookie. You've paid more, got exactly what you've wanted and, again, your hunger is fixed.

The Lynx lvl 2 is the value meal. You're going to pay less for something that you get that is already built and packaged. It will play games. It won't be as flashy or detailed or have the specific requested parts, but it will work.

The Lumos is pretty much "build your own". You get the pieces and parts you want, you choose how much and you can detail it down to the last bit and have it custom made for you. You can go through the configurator and find out what works for you and what is in your budget.

Again, as hoserator says the Lynx Lvl 2 is capable of running your game, but the Lumos can be anything you want... and more.

Hope that helps.   

PS... as to your original post where your 'friend' says the Lumos can't run COD. That's bull-cookies.   

Edited by Snaike - 12 Apr 2021 at 3:30pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 4:10am
Yes, a Lumos is just the case. Whatever is inside can be as powerful as you want to make it and do way more than just play games if that's what you need.

The Lynx pre-built "value meals" are not being built right now due to the parts shortages that plague the custom computer business everywhere. If you go to Desktops, you get the Configurator. Choose the Lynx, and you'll see at the bottom that the "Ready to Ship" pre-builts like your friend has are discontinued until May. You could, however, build into a Lynx case with the custom Order option.

If you want advice what to do next, go to the Configuration Discussion in this forum. Tell us what you're willing to spend, and especially what the screen resolution your computer monitor will be. Whether or not it's almost exclusively for gaming. If you will use the computer for a lot of other work, it may matter.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:24pm
That is a real good explanation Snaike. Made me hungry just reading it.Drooling
To the OP, take advantage of the configurator guru himself's offer. You will not be sorry.
Enjoy.
Awesome

Quote rocketman71 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 11:24am
thank you all for the help   
carefulpunch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote carefulpunch Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by hoserator

That is a real good explanation Snaike. Made me hungry just reading it.

LOL, I thought I was the only one. Great explanation.
carefulpunch
ecophagyclass View Drop Down

Quote ecophagyclass Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 3:35am
It depends on your budget I think. So yeah, you have to decide how much you're willing to spend.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:35pm
It  is always subject to budget, we were only showing the OP what makes those models different and sets them apart.

Edited by hoserator - 20 Apr 2021 at 6:12am
ecophagyclass View Drop Down

Quote ecophagyclass Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 2:06pm
And thanks to the admin. When I sneak a peek here, I browse through and I set my mind to saving an amount if I know I can't afford to buy a certain model that I like yet. Figured if you want to have the best, you can't expect it to be cheap. Maybe you can but it's like a rare or lucky chance.
 Post Reply Post Reply