FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lynx Level 1 RAM Issues

Post Date: 2020-03-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
20Stack View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 20Stack Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Lynx Level 1 RAM Issues
    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 6:15pm
Hey guys, I have scrounged google for any answers to my situation. Unfortunately I am either too dumb or unable to find any information relevant to my situation.

I bought the level 1 Lynx in November. However, I have noticed that I have 8GB of RAM but it says only 2GB are available. I never gave it much thought until my friend mentioned it to me earlier today.

Is there an issue with the PC? Or is that how it is supposed to be? Full disclaimer, I know absolutely nothing about PCs and its hardware so be gentle with me, thanks.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 4:52am
Not how it's supposed to be. It's unlikely to be a hardware issue, but more likely you are experiencing memory leakage from some programs and Windows processes running in the background.

Google "memory leak Windows 10" and start the learning process! It will be good for you to see the ways this can happen and how to fix it. Good luck!

PS: I don't recommend you use any 3rd party software that promises to fix this. It's easy enough to do yourself, and you maintain control of what's going on.

Edited by Cretae - 03 Mar 2020 at 5:00am
20Stack View Drop Down

Quote 20Stack Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Cretae

Not how it's supposed to be. It's unlikely to be a hardware issue, but more likely you are experiencing memory leakage from some programs and Windows processes running in the background.

Google "memory leak Windows 10" and start the learning process! It will be good for you to see the ways this can happen and how to fix it. Good luck!

PS: I don't recommend you use any 3rd party software that promises to fix this. It's easy enough to do yourself, and you maintain control of what's going on.

Alright I will try my best, thanks for letting me know!
20Stack View Drop Down

Quote 20Stack Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Cretae

Hey there, I followed some youtube videos and I got it up to 5.9gb available with the rest being "hardware-reserved". Is that normal?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:57am
Good on ya!!

Now you have 5.9GB available for multi-tasking, multiple open internet tabs, and gaming. Works for me!
 Post Reply Post Reply