Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrfatmongoose View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mrfatmongoose Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Lynx Level 3
    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 9:09am
Just ordered The Lynx level 3

My intent is to play WoW Classic (CPU intensive) at 1080p while also streaming via Twitch. Everything I've read says the i7 and the RTX 2060 will be more than capable - is anyone doing the same thing? Just want some validation if anything :)

Best,
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 4:19am
That's the best price/performance ratio you can get here at DS for what you want to do. You should be very pleased. Any upgrades should be years away, IMHO.

Quote mrfatmongoose Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 12:40pm
So I'm freaking out a little bit - I have had a few people that I should be going for i7 10700 citing that the 9700 is "No hyper threading, 14nm, low core speed. Its probably the worst CPU for that price atm."

I need this rig to be pretty optimized for gaming (WoW) and streaming at the same time. Do I need to upgrade right away, and if so, can I still do that through DS (I placed my order earlier this week - stage 1)
Stellar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Stellar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by mrfatmongoose

So I'm freaking out a little bit - I have had a few people that I should be going for i7 10700 citing that the 9700 is "No hyper threading, 14nm, low core speed. Its probably the worst CPU for that price atm."

I need this rig to be pretty optimized for gaming (WoW) and streaming at the same time. Do I need to upgrade right away, and if so, can I still do that through DS (I placed my order earlier this week - stage 1)

My best advice would be to ignore the opinions of online enthusiasts. You will not experience an issue with this setup. I know several customers streaming with level 3/4.

4.7GHz turbo on eight cores is still really good, yes it lacks hyper-threading but you still have 8 threads which is more than enough for most users (level 3 and 4 are probably our most popular streaming PCs per our customers).

I don't know why they would bring up 14nm as a point, considering the 10700 is 14nm as well.

And if we are comparing core speeds between both processors, the only difference is +100Mhz turbo speeds. Not much of an increase here.

Quote mrfatmongoose Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 3:16pm
Appreciate the reply! This being my first PC after a lifetime Mac user, could use all the reassurance I can get (lol).
 Post Reply Post Reply