FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lynx Level 4 Status

Post Date: 2020-05-29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Psykhe View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Psykhe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Lynx Level 4 Status
    Posted: 29 May 2020 at 11:27am
Hi all~

Ordered my lynx level 4 on May 6, payment was accepted on May 6, and as of last week, I was told my computer was scheduled to build this week and would ship in the 1st week of June.

Being the end of the business week, I called to check the status.  The CSA who took my call stated it would be built at the end of June but transferred me to his manager, Keith.  Keith stated that it's actually set to build next week and will ship the following week.  Apparently, they are waiting for a couple parts from overseas, and that's the cause of the delay.

I am extremely frustrated with Digital Storm's transparency and communication with customers regarding the status of their orders and delays but at this point in the order, there's no point in cancelling and I hope the machine will be worth it.

I will update this post once I go into stage 2.
GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 11:53am
Yes, DS's status update process has room for improvement. Providing that feedback here to DS is valuable to DS and is the best we can do to influence improvement.

Before buying a system from DS, you should have done your homework and carefully perused the forums. This is an ongoing subject topic and has been repeatedly brought up - me included. There is no doubt you will get your system. You will also get it much sooner than those that buy a customized system.

I can see delivery dates ranging from 1 - 3 months depending on availability of parts, the Chinese tariffs on technology imports, and residual effects of COVID-19. Pushing DS to ship it at the early side of the range may not be productive to you or DS.

When you get to the end of the expected range, and if you had not heard any updates, i would start calling them every two weeks for an update. If by the end of a specific amount of time you are still dissatisfied with the process, you can always cancel and get a refund.

DS is not the only choice out there. If you feel DS is not delivering, you should exercise your free-market rights and shop elsewhere. I certainly would.

Edited by GrandesBollas - 29 May 2020 at 11:53am
Psykhe View Drop Down

Quote Psykhe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 12:11pm
I did do my homework, I also emailed Alex to provide my feedback directly.  There's a massive difference between reading reviews and experiencing a company's customer service directly.  I generally take what I read with a grain of salt.  I am stating my experience so that those who are also waiting on their Lynx Level 4 or considering one are aware of the circumstances and timing.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:42pm
Sorry about the delay, we're truly trying our best. Trust me on this one, everyone is facing the same situation with market supply issues as well.

I wanted to provide a copy of my email below to provide insight for other customers:

Thank you for emailing me directly about your concerns, I’m sorry to hear that we let you down. I completely understand from your shoes and you make a valid point. The truth is, things are changing on a daily basis and it’s tough for us to make official announcements without constantly changing plans. We’re frustrated with this as much as you are and are trying our best to get things to operate a smooth as possible.

I will share your feedback with the rest of the team.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:43pm
We do have some good news though, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Things are improving and we hope to be back to normal in terms of production time frames towards late June to early July.

For now, custom builds are 6 weeks and Lynx orders can be 15-20 business days. Once we catch up, we will bring these timeframes down.
Psykhe View Drop Down

Quote Psykhe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 3:41pm
Thank you for your response, Alex.  I appreciate the time and attention on the issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply