Post Date: 2009-02-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Slicer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slicer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Major Troubles on my new Rig need help>
    Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 9:48am
Okay guys I'm coming to this board cause I know you are all knowledgable folks and Dig Storm has been working with me to fix this problems but I'm getting frustrated and need some advice.

Problem:  Lockups/freezes/occaisional BSOD
When:  Surfing the web, playing Warhammer, COD:World at War

What I've done so far with Digital Storm:  Ran Memtest for 3 hours, 5-6 passes, no failures.  We thought it might be a bad HDD Raptor so they sent me a new one which i installed, reformatted my 2nd HDD as well and did fresh install of Vista 64, after this the system was golden for 3 weeks then the problems started reoccuring. 

I will be surfing the net, clicking on scores or games and then my arrow freezes and I can't ctrl-alt-delete, I'm forced to power down or reset, sometimes when I reset the system locks before even loading vista and getting the logo, other times it boots up I get back in and continue surfing to have it lock up within minutes again.

I updated my xfx vid card drivers as well, while playing Warhammer it will stutter/freeze the game with horrendous sound coming out of my speakers and again the only way I can stop it is to reset or power down and restart.

The problem seems random, there are times I can go for hours playing with no problems and then there are times I have this problem 5-6 times in an hour.

My temps (monitored by the ESA system) are all normal, extremely cool system in a room that is kept around 69 F, hell even the back of the case emits cool air.

I have a 790i Ultra XFX board, Q9450 chip Liquid cooled, originally it was OC'd to 3.6 but Dig storm had me back it down to 3.0 even though voltages and temps were normal, so I've already degraded my product i purchased.  I have 2 2gb XMS Corsair 1333 ram sticks and running GTX280, 860w powersupply and 150g Rapotr/500g 2nd drive.   OS is on 1st, games are on 2nd.

I also notice that when resetting or power down and back up it puts my time/date to 2040 or 2070 so I have to constantly change the date/time of the system back to 2009.

I'm beginning to think either it's a MB problem, bad vid card, maybe need a bios update??  Any help is appreciated.

Oh the few blue screens I've had:  IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, STOP: 0x0000000A, XFFFFFF80001c78e51 and a few other numbers.Sleepy

Edited by Slicer - 20 Feb 2009 at 9:49am
850 SI
Quad 9450 3.6 GHZ
790i Ultra DDR3
CPU Liquid Cooled
GTX 280
4GB 1333 DDR Corsair
Nvidia ESA System
860W PSU
PatrickB View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote PatrickB Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 10:25am
Today might be your lucky day. I was having the same bluescreen code. My fix was to update my motherboards BIOS. So try doing that. Go ahead and give that a try.
Q9550 @ 3.4Ghz for now
Xigmatek Thor's Hammer
MSI P45 Neo2-fr
6gig 1066 Corsair Dominator
XFX Radeon HD 4890
PC Power&Cooling 750W
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb
Antec 900
Vista 64bit
 Post Reply Post Reply