FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marauder Level 1 Upgrades

Post Date: 2013-01-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shadow0fLiberty View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shadow0fLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Marauder Level 1 Upgrades
    Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 10:40am
Hello,
I'm saving up to buy the Marauder Level 1, as my first gaming PC. On the video I watched, it said it was very upgradeable. Now, my question is, when I first start buying upgrades for it, where should I start? Where would be the best place to invest my money, and get maximun performance for my situation.

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any help and feedback.
•I have so many ideas. Some are simple like take down traffic lights and eliminate the post office. The bigger ones will be tougher, like ‘bring all this crumbling to the ground.’
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 10:59am
Hi Shadow0fLiberty.....  welcome to the forums.

The single biggest boost in gaming would be a video card upgrade.  Depends on the finances, but the gtx 660 for about $200 would give you 2-3 times the frame rates in most games over the HD7750.

Don't know your monitor or resolution but here's a link to compare various cards.

Hope this helps.  Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 12 Jan 2013 at 11:02am

Quote Shadow0fLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 11:00am
Thanks for the help!
•I have so many ideas. Some are simple like take down traffic lights and eliminate the post office. The bigger ones will be tougher, like ‘bring all this crumbling to the ground.’

Quote Shadow0fLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 11:02am
How hard would it be to put in a new video card? Would I have to upgrade the power supply?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 11:06am
Nope.  The power supply is plenty.   As far as swapping it out, its just unplugging the power cables to it, unscrew a single screw on the backplate, pulling the locking latch away as you pull the card from the slot.  The new card slips right in, gently. 

Quote Shadow0fLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 3:17pm
Ok. I'm not sure what moniter I have, but it says HP 2311x on the bottom right corner of the frame. I think this will be fine for gaming, though. As far as keyboard and mouse, I have the default ones that came with the computer, which is an hp. I was looking at the Razor black widow stealth 2013, and maybve a new mouse. any suggestions? Thanks for helping me with all this.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 3:51pm
The native resolution on that monitor is 1920x1080.    Not sure what you have it set to in its control panel.    Look at the link I posted and you'll get an idea when comparing the games you play with that resolution.. Of course most of the tests are at high to max settings. Lower settings will play better.

Edited by bprat22 - 12 Jan 2013 at 3:52pm

Quote Shadow0fLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 4:01pm
Wow, the GTX 660 seems like a beast. Would I need any upgrades on memory or RAM?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 4:08pm
Nope. The memory which is the ram is all you need. The 660 is a nice card.

Quote Shadow0fLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 4:09pm
If I'm going to be playing FPS games, would it be a good idea to get a new mouse and keyboard?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 4:24pm
I have done alot of shooters like Crysis, BF3, etc. with an old Dell keyboard and mouse and have alot of fun. I'm sure a newer mouse with a more accurate pointer and macros for weapons would help survive longer but money does decide in the end.    

Quote Shadow0fLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 5:00pm
Would a marauder level 1 with the 660 be better than the plain level 2? And how woul dit perform on non gaming realted things like schoolwork?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 10:32am
A Marauder 1 with a change to the gtx 660 would be better gaming than the stock Marauder 2.  Both would do schoolwork about the same, except the cpu in M2 would be better for Video editing, etc. 

Edited by bprat22 - 13 Jan 2013 at 10:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply