MIA.LIB 7-zip Unspecified Vulnerability

Post Date: 2009-03-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: MIA.LIB 7-zip Unspecified Vulnerability
    Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 7:51pm
The short of this post is that the MIA.LIB 7-zip Unspecified Vulnerability that I get when I run Kaspersky turned out really to be associated with Crysis Wars.

I did the upgrade to 7-zip that was recommended but always got these same items of MIA.LIB.  Matter of fact 6 instances each scan.  Has enybody been able to figure out how to deal with these Crysis Wars induced MIA.LIB issues?
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 3:56am
false positive

Edited by DST4ME - 03 Mar 2009 at 3:56am
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 9:26pm
Thanks DST4ME!
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 10:13pm
My pleasure boss
BillDempsey View Drop Down

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 7:28pm
I'm surprised Kapersky haven't fixed that yet...

Nod32 FTW!

Or even the latest version of Norton, from what I hear. I gave up on Norton years ago, but I actually picked up a copy of the latest after seeing that it virtually equals Nod32 now and got rid of all the insane overhead and messy uninstall problems they had for so many years. It's going on the new system, when it finally gets here. I'll keep you posted on whether Norton has indeed been redeemed once I give it a whirl.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 8:48pm
Nod32 for life
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 8:49pm
I had McAfee & Webroot and was dissatisfied with both of them.  The grandkids always seemed to find some kind of spyware/malware when they were surfing.  Since I have had Kapersky I have not had that kind of problem.

I was not familiar with Nod32.  I will have to check that out sometime.  I still have about 6 months left on my Kapersky.

I also have System Mechanic 8.5.4 that I think is doing good stuff as well as defraging automatically but I am never really sure about utility programs.

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 1:27am
Nod32 is consistently the highest rated anti-virus program on detection rates, lowest resource usage, speed of scans, and fewest false positives in a wide variety of independent testing. This has been true for the past 4 or 5 years in a row. It is very popular in IT departments, but isn't widely available in retail outlets. So not everyone even knows about it. You won't find it sitting on the shelves in Best Buy, for example. Usually, the easiest way to get it is via their web site.

This year, when I read the reports, I was astonished to see that Norton actually moved really far up the rankings to nearly the same level as Nod32. They also showed that the resource overhead and speed of scanning was at the same level as Nod32 now. I read one review which said that Norton has actually cleaned up all of their previous install problems, as well. Considering Norton is readily available at retail, I decided to give them a chance again. So, I picked up a copy at Fry's and plan to put it on my DS system when it arrives (after I test it thoroughly, of course). I'll let you know how it goes.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 1:41am
OK but check the services and processes to be sure there is only one service and no more then 2 processes.

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 11:02am
Will do DST.  I'm interested to see how it does. I do anticipate that it will have only one process for the active background scanning, although it might have a process for the tray icon, too. That happens with a lot of utilities, but the tray app only uses CPU when you click on it.

BTW Ken, Kapersky is also normally very highly rated. Wasn't implying that Kapersky is junk or anything. If you look at the AV-Comparatives web site, for example, Kapersky is rated "Advanced," which means damn good. Notice only Nod32 from ESET got an "Advanced Plus" rating out of all of them, which is even better. The other top AV testing sites all rate them similar. Sadly, the Norton rating is for last year's product, not the newest one. Still, it got an Advanced rating.

Edited by BillDempsey - 05 Mar 2009 at 11:06am
Kliebor2 View Drop Down

Quote Kliebor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 11:39am
Norton 2009 Internet Security is only 1 service and 2 processes, under 10 Megs of memory at idle, under 25 while scanning, very fast, uninstalls in like 15 seconds and leaves only 1 trace, a key record that identifies your subscription in case you reinstall.

Install takes my beast about 40 seconds from double click starting the exe, to Norton is active and updated.

It has gotten alot better than the old days.

DaveOuch
Digital Storm 950Si - Q9450 Quad Core @ 3 Ghz
Dual PNY OC2 GTX 560Ti
8 Gigabytes DDR2/800
2 Western Digital 500 GB SATAII 7200 RPM HD
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 1:01am
Norton sounds like it could be a good choice!
 Post Reply Post Reply