FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More Vista 64 bit

Post Date: 2008-04-27

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cmallak View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cmallak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: More Vista 64 bit
    Posted: 27 Apr 2008 at 2:28pm
Glad to see I'm not the only one with problems with this system. I've had my DS about two months now and it crashed about once a day.  Then it got to once and hour.  Now it won't stay up more than 5 minutes if I am doing anything more stressful than writing and email like this one. I've loaded and reloaded the operating system and drivers. Nothing seems to help.  The folks in technical support are very nice, but nothing seems to help. I see a blue screen when it crashes and it disappears after about 10 seconds. From what I can read, windows is stopping the computer to prevent permanent damage to the system and something about the bios.  Any ideas or is it time to send it back and spend the $150 in postage  to do so?
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Apr 2008 at 4:42pm
cmall, what all have you tried? you said you loaded/reloaded the op system, do you mean you completely reformatted?

did you clear the bios, sounds to me like its temp related, check and make sure that all of your fans are running

report back with a little more detail and we can try to help
cmallak View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote cmallak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 7:36am
Yes, I've reformatted using both the Vista disk and the disaster/image disks. I donloaded the the temperature monitoing programs ( several just to make sure) and nothing ever goes above 50 degrees C.  I noticed with the image disk there was a program called SP2004 that stresses the system.  I ran it last night and the system crashed at 1 minute and 35 seconds. The program said there was hardware failure. I shut the machine down and sent the failure language to tech support.  With the increasing number and frequency of crashes, I think I'm destroying something.
 Post Reply Post Reply