FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most bang for my buck (3500-3700$ budget after tax

Post Date: 2017-04-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Starpants View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Starpants Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Most bang for my buck (3500-3700$ budget after tax
    Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 10:35am
Budget:
3,200-3,300 before taxes

Expectations:
A powerful gaming pc

Usage:
Gaming

Special Needs:
The best I can get with that money

Specifications:
I plan on my likely getting the velox ultimate gaming pc and I was just wondering if that will be the best choice for my money and if there is anything else I should add to the build to enhance my gaming experience and also if I need to add anything to overclock the pc because I don't fully understand it
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 11:10am
Hi Starpants...  To help us give you a build with the best bang for your buck we need to know...

The monitor's resolution you'll be gaming on.  That determines what graphics card you need.  A 1080p only needs the gtx 1070.   1440p could use the gtx 1080 and 4K screen will want the 1080Ti

For strictly gaming, the level 2 Velox might do it.   The 7700k is still the best gaming processor with its very fast clock speeds, beating the 6800k.  Gaming loves single core performance and rarely uses over 4 cores. 

16GB ram is all you need.

Are you looking for maintenance free cpu cooling, like the H115i, or more exotic but more upkeep ?

Big%20Smile

Starpants View Drop Down

Quote Starpants Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 11:24am
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi Starpants...  To help us give you a build with the best bang for your buck we need to know...The monitor's resolution you'll be gaming on.  That determines what graphics card you need.  A 1080p only needs the gtx 1070.   1440p could use the gtx 1080 and 4K screen will want the 1080Ti For strictly gaming, the level 2 Velox might do it.   The 7700k is still the best gaming processor with its very fast clock speeds, beating the 6800k.  Gaming loves single core performance and rarely uses over 4 cores.  16GB ram is all you need.Are you looking for maintenance free cpu cooling, like the H115i, or more exotic but more upkeep ?Big%20Smile

I plan on buying a 4k monitor as soon as i get the funds for it. And for the liquid cooling im just looking for Whatever will support the velox ultimate build the best. I plan on buying the computer tommorow i believe and i just want to make sure i get everything i need for a great gaming pc. Also was wondering if its worth getting the 3 overclocking boosts offered for the velox
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 2:52am
The H115i cooler with the added CPU overclocking, Boost, are my pick.   The 6800k could use the faster clock and the sealed liquid cooler will keep it cool.

The CPU overclock is the only one of the three I would recommend.   

Edited by bprat22 - 14 Apr 2017 at 3:25am
Starpants View Drop Down

Quote Starpants Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 9:09am

The H115i cooler with the added CPU overclocking, Boost, are my pick.   The 6800k could use the faster clock and the sealed liquid cooler will keep it cool.

The CPU overclock is the only one of the three I would recommend.   

okay thank you and for my last question before I buy it today.. I was wondering because I want lifting in the computer so you think it's worth getting the 100$ program Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software and then the 15$ Digital Storm RGB LED Lighting System (Requires Thermal Management Control Board & Software) Or should I get just the 15$ Remote Controlled LED Lighting System (Multiple color options and lighting effects) Basically what I'm asking is the 100$ program worth it or should I just save the 100$ and go will the remote lighting
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 9:36am
I personally would just get the remote LED lighting.   The DS control board and software does provide a little more friendly interface to check fan rpms but that can be done in Bios or by using the FanXpert software included with Asus mobo's.  Plus once fans are set I wouldn't see the need to keep checking them. 

The Thermal Control are thermal sensors placed at certain spots inside the case and monitor air temps like above the mobo, near a drive, etc.  I don't see the need other than something to play with.  As long as the gpu and cpu stay cool then who cares about the rest.  Big%20Smile    Just me.  Plus, less to go wrong without the added circuit board.

Good luck and stay in touch with your progress. 

Starpants View Drop Down

Quote Starpants Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 5:02pm

I personally would just get the remote LED lighting.   The DS control board and software does provide a little more friendly interface to check fan rpms but that can be done in Bios or by using the FanXpert software included with Asus mobo's.  Plus once fans are set I wouldn't see the need to keep checking them.  The Thermal Control are thermal sensors placed at certain spots inside the case and monitor air temps like above the mobo, near a drive, etc.  I don't see the need other than something to play with.  As long as the gpu and cpu stay cool then who cares about the rest.  Big%20Smile    Just me.  Plus, less to go wrong without the added circuit board.Good luck and stay in touch with your progress. 

thank you and I will and last question I swear haha will the 850w power supply be enough?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 5:07pm
My pleasure, and unless you plan on going sli, 2x 1080ti, the 850watt is plenty.    
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 6:38pm
If you want the most bang for your buck when it comes to a gaming PC... you're going to want a 13" Macbook pro.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Meller

If you want the most bang for your buck when it comes to a gaming PC... you're going to want a 13" Macbook pro.
Ouch, Meller... don't make me delete your posts.   
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 2:18am
Whose this Meller guy who keeps sneaking in ?    

Whatup Meller ?
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 4:52am
 As in Meller-Lux?Whoa
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 5:27am
Originally posted by hoserator

As in Meller-Lux?Whoa

The one and only.   
 Post Reply Post Reply