FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Motherboard screw to secure SSD

Post Date: 2020-05-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dak Kruller View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dak Kruller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Motherboard screw to secure SSD
    Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:20am
My ssd arrived and I’m ready to connect it after watching tutorials.
Only problem, the motherboard doesn’t have a screw already in it like all the videos I’ve seen. I got the Samsung 970 pro. For it to be held down it requires a small screw, but it’s not there.

1. So does anyone know what type of screw that is?

2. Can I connect my SSD for now without the screw and get to work on the software end? Or does the screw act as someone sort of safety to ground the SSD? Idk.
GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 May 2020 at 9:58am
https://www.amazon.com/SGTKJSJS-M-2-Screw-NVMe-Mounting/dp/B07Q3DLCJ4/ref=sr_1_3?crid=16G5LDDLK653O&dchild=1&keywords=m.2+standoff+and+screw+for+m.2+drives&qid=1589907078&s=electronics&sprefix=m.2+sta%2Celectronics%2C149&sr=1-3

The above link is for Asus Motherboards. There may be specific ones for your own if different.

New motherboards usually have the screws and standoffs already installed. See the picture below. There may be a heat sink covering the M.2 slot underneath. The screws that hold the heat sink will also hold down the M.2:

Post Reply Post Reply