Post Date: 2021-06-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pappatank View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pappatank Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Motherboard
    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 3:33pm
I am looking for a specific motherboard but I don’t see it in any of your options for custom builds I really want to buy my custom pc from you guys but I want this motherboard
Motherboard     ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E WiFi 6E- ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 Ports (2 Type-C, 6 Type-A), M.2 Slot (4)
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 3:50pm
Welcome to DS.

In the past you would pay a fee and they would get whatever you wanted. Don't know how it is now. I suggest you get in contact with sales, [email protected].
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:26am
By the time you spend the extra to special order the Rog Strix, you will have spent more than for a Maximus Hero, which is offered here. It costs more at retail, so Asus thinks it's a better board. You might look into that. Another consideration is your build will go nowhere until DS gets the board.
Acetylide View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Acetylide Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by hoserator

Welcome to DS.
In the past you would pay a fee and they would get whatever you wanted. Don't know how it is now. I suggest you get in contact with sales, [email protected].

If its just a motherboard, they would probably get it unless it has major quality or compatibility issues.

They don't do 100% custom builds anymore outside of the parts they use and have a strict limit on the number of parts they would custom order. So you can still have them order specific parts that you want if they do not offer it on their configurator, but it is very limited in regards to how many parts you can have them special order.

I would imagine exotic builds were becoming a nightmare for both the techs building the systems & the phone support techs. Besides having to research to see if a requested system is viable with a submitted parts list, they also have to deal with providing tech support for a wider range of software/driver configurations/conflicts, etc. It becomes a real ball ache for both the techs & the user calling in for support; especially if the user isn't tech savvy.
The fewer different hardware/software combinations you have to deal with, the easier & more time efficient things are when it comes to building, testing, and troubleshooting.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 2:41am
You can narrow down the number by chipset, $$$$, whether you will oc or not, game, workstation, durability and brand. Read reviews from various sources.
And wait until you have to decide on a case if you think there are many mobos!!
 Post Reply Post Reply