FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon question

Post Date: 2020-06-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Warmocker View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Warmocker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon question
    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 6:00pm
I just ordered a system and it will have this MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon board in it. I'll have the Ryzen 9 3900x cpu in it. And of course, after making my order, I start looking into the components that were suggested to me. I found that some folks were saying that this board has bad VRM's so they're calling it a bad board.
My question is, if I'm running liquid cooling and not planning on doing any overclocking and enthusiast type things to the configs on this thing, should I still worry about the VRM and heat issues or is heat even still an issue with this boards due to bios updates or so on and so forth. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'm just such a nervous wreck for spending so much on this after saving so long and nervous I made a mistake.

Edited by Warmocker - 23 Jun 2020 at 6:02pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 4:29am
Not to worry. From all I've seen those who quibble over which VRMs are hotter than which are power users trying to get the last few dribbles of power from a CPU/mobo that, IMHO, doesn't need any help at all for normal use. Just a couple of generations ago, we were overclocking like heck to squeeze out 4.7GHz. Newer chips turbo to around that speed on auto pilot.

You can agree or not, but I believe DS is chock full of experienced, expert computer designers that would not be inclined to set themselves up for massive returns and problems from a sub-standard board. I like MSI, and I think you will be more than fine.
Warmocker View Drop Down

Quote Warmocker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 4:35am
Thanks man. I agree. I had to cancel my first order due to the cpu/mobo not really working out that well so I went all amd/radeon this time. This build was walked through with me by DS rep there so I felt great. Then I went and started watching youtube videos and didn't really realize until now that they must be referring to enthusiasts who want to do exactly what you said, squeeze every last drop out of their board/cpu. Though I did pick a big cpu, the 3900x, he recommened that board with that cpu and I'm trusting that. You words made sense and helped me out thanks again man. My anxiety tends to get he best of me when it comes to money lol.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 3:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply