Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lef View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lef Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My Aventum X configuration
    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 3:40am
Greetings everyone!

New user to be here but before I place my order I would really appreciate some feedback from the DS community since my knowledge around PC set ups is quite limited!

So to begin with, my budget is around 9,000$ - 10,000$ for the tower and I am planning on the best possible 4k gaming experience, web surfing and some work on 3D programs etc for my girlfriend who is a civil engineer. No photo editing or video rendering.

Here goes my set up, feel free to express your thoughs!

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (12-Core) 4.6 GHz Turbo
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) (AMD X570 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair HX1200i (Digitally Controlled Power)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 3: 1x Storage (6TB Seagate / Toshiba)
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI NVLink Dual (GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (2x Graphics Cards + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Clear Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Black - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair ML PRO Series (14 Fans Total) (High Static Pressure) (Magnetic Levitation)
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Edited by Lef - 06 Nov 2019 at 3:43am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 6:27am
Welcome to DS.

That is a very nice Strong configuration. I have no knowledge about the AMD cpu. (or mobo so I will let other members analyze the pick.  I can tell you that the 2 RTXs you chose will move a 4K monitor without a hiccup and with those fans you will not know its on, they are so quiet!

On memory, my son does computer science work for a living and he tells me that sometimes he wishes he had 128GB. That will depend on the work you end up doing in it.
The gurus will let you know that the 970 Pro has been "improved" by a more recent model and that is true. However, the Pro has different architecture and faster on some tasks. I have also read that the components are a tad better on the Pro. Your choice. For us mere mortals, there is no apparent difference.

I like W10 Pro for the added flexibility but ...... However, note that the warranty is only for 1 year parts.

Let us know how you go. You will not be disappointed. Big%20Smile
Alci View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Alci Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 8:13am
Where are you seeing 3900X as an option? I only see the 2900 series. If you have 10k to spend, why not wait a little. The 3950X is supposed to arrive in Nov.

I'm going to go with AMD for my next computer too. There are a lot of Intel fans around, but how many years has Intel been promising to deliver the 10nm chip? They lost me during that delidding mess. GL.
Lef View Drop Down

Quote Lef Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 8:41am
Originally posted by hoserator

Welcome to DS.
That is a very nice Strong configuration. I have no knowledge about the AMD cpu. (or mobo so I will let other members analyze the pick.  I can tell you that the 2 RTXs you chose will move a 4K monitor without a hiccup and with those fans you will not know its on, they are so quiet!
On memory, my son does computer science work for a living and he tells me that sometimes he wishes he had 128GB. That will depend on the work you end up doing in it.
The gurus will let you know that the 970 Pro has been "improved" by a more recent model and that is true. However, the Pro has different architecture and faster on some tasks. I have also read that the components are a tad better on the Pro. Your choice. For us mere mortals, there is no apparent difference.
I like W10 Pro for the added flexibility but ...... However, note that the warranty is only for 1 year parts.
Let us know how you go. You will not be disappointed. Big%20Smile

Hey Hoserator, 🙂
Well the reason I’m going with AMD instead of Intel is because there is no bottleneck .. I think 128GB of memory would be quite an overkill.. However I can always upgrade it myself if needed to..
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Alci

Where are you seeing 3900X as an option? I only see the 2900 series. If you have 10k to spend, why not wait a little. The 3950X is supposed to arrive in Nov.
I'm going to go with AMD for my next computer too. There are a lot of Intel fans around, but how many years has Intel been promising to deliver the 10nm chip? They lost me during that delidding mess. GL.

Check the RYZEN column instead of the Threadripper

Threadripper is not a very good gamer due to how it accesses memory. Too much latency for gaming. It also fails to deliver as high a frequency. It's somewhat like a truck vs a sports car where gaming's concerned.

Edited by Cretae - 07 Nov 2019 at 5:05am
Alci View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Alci Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:37am
Hey Create. Is there a reason Corsair AIO cpu coolers are not listed as an option in the Ryzen menu? 
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 3:55am
Originally posted by Alci

Hey Create. Is there a reason Corsair AIO cpu coolers are not listed as an option in the Ryzen menu? 

Sorry, Alci, they are there on my Configurator on both the Ryzens and the Threadrippers, except for the Bolt design. That must be a space issue. Only the H100i is available, and only for the Intels in that case.
 Post Reply Post Reply