FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Config Was For Win 10 Pro, But Rec Win 11

Post Date: 2023-06-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ShadowQueen27 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ShadowQueen27 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My Config Was For Win 10 Pro, But Rec Win 11
    Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 12:53pm
My new system just arrived and when I turned it on, I discovered it was loaded with Win 11. When I tried to look up my configuration, DS said it couldn't find it. WTF

I'd like to go back to Win 10 Pro before I start loading things on this HD and risk losing it with a restore.

Any advice?

Anything you can do, I can do better...
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 1:27pm
If the system came with native Windows 11 there is nothing to "go back to" within the license of that PC. You'd have to buy a Windows 10 license separately and activate it on the machine by using the Windows 10 installation process. Honestly I'd probably totally wipe the Windows 11 drive first rather than try to "clean" install Windows 10 over a functioning copy of 11.

Before you do that I'd contact DS directly. Give them your order information. If it reflects Windows 10 tell DS you wanted Windows 10 and got Windows 11 and from there you can work together to figure out the best course of action. If it were me and it is in fact the case that your configuration shows Windows 10, then I'd press DS to send me a license for Windows 10. But that's obviously something you'll just have to discuss with them.
 Post Reply Post Reply