Post Date: 2008-08-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Malone11 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Malone11 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My DS experience
    Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 11:29pm

Greetings everyone! My name's Matt, and I don't normally write reviews in regards to any product or game, etc...but the experience I am having with DS is worthy of serious recognition.

I'm one of those guys who typically buys a new computer every three-four years or so,spending under 2k since I am on a college budget Confused. I'm too busy to build my own again, and the thought of potential hours of troubleshooting when something goes wrong stresses me the hell out.

So after deciding to get a new computer, I did the usual...as most of the community has done..."rounded up the usual suspects". I checked out Dell XPSs, Cyberpower, IBUYPOWER, Falcon NW, Alienware, building my own, etc. Luckily, I checked out resellerratings.com before making any purchase...and found Digital Storm from user's a post. To my amazement, it was exactly what I had been looking for all along. A FULLY customized computer with QUALITY parts and a stress-eliminating warranty. I plan on buying a new PC in three years, so a warranty for the ENTIRE time I have this new rig is incredible. 

So I begin customizing and such, talking with (I imagine) every single service representative at DS...and they were always happy to help me out. What impressed me the most was how many of the representatives would give me suggestions that would lower the price of my rig...wtf mate? What Digital Storm does perfectly is treating their customers like friends, not potential money sources. Oh, and what's with the incredible response time when you call them? Or email? I would get a reply within minutes every single time.

I have to give serious thanks to the DS rep Kelly, most of all. He's gotta be the nicest and most helpful person I've talked to among any company. Every question or potential problem was immediately fixed through him. He even gave me some helpful college-related advice. Talking to these guys is just like talking to a friend, and when I'm spending considerable money, that's exactly who I want to talk to. I also have to thank Duke, Vincent, Randy, Charles, and Alex for assisting me along the way. Much appreciated guys, you have my utmost respect!

Lastly, my rig arrived in about a week or so, and the packing was very nice. I literally spent an hour just looking at my rig out of the box, it was the most impressive workmanship I have ever seen on a computer...then turning it on, seeing everything work flawlessly was amazing. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with it so far, everything is working perfectly.

What makes me most comfortable is knowing that no matter what happens, if anything goes wrong in relation to hardware...I don't have to stress out about it, DS will take care of everything...you can't beat that kind of assurance.
Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics of it soon, cause damn it is pretty like all the other rigs I've seen here. Thanks Digital Storm!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 11:59pm
Thats great to hear Matt. I came here from reading reviews and checking prices.
Nickdapimp View Drop Down

Quote Nickdapimp Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 12:01am
Pixs.

Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 12:08am
Very nice review. Clap

Now, about those pictures....
RatSalad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote RatSalad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 9:33am
It is always great to hear a good review.
Intel Core 2 Quad QX9650 Extreme
4GB DDR3 Corsair at 1333MHz
nVidia GeForce 9800GX2
nVidia 790i Ultra Core 2 Quad
Liquid Chilled FrostBite
Vista Ultimate 64 bit
MrNanite View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote MrNanite Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 10:39am

Did you post a review on resellerratings.com yet?  Obviously, the more positives the better, eh?  Big%20smile

Sneakerz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sneakerz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 11:58am
I'm glad to hear everything worked out well. Now lets see some pics! And spec's?
Intel Core i5 6600k @ 4.6
240GB Samsung SSD
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Hybrid
Corsair Hydro H80i GT
bfrank2me View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bfrank2me Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Malone11

I have to give serious thanks to the DS rep Kelly, most of all. He's gotta be the nicest and most helpful person I've talked to among any company.

...how am I supposed to believe all the other good things you say when you throw in a non sequitur like this.  We all know Kelly here, so you can't slip this one by us...Wink

He even gave me some helpful college-related advice.  

...and now Malone 11 knows where the party schools are...Geek
...the first hundred years are the hardest
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by bfrank2me

I have to give serious thanks to the DS rep Kelly, most of all. He's gotta be the nicest and most helpful person I've talked to among any company.

...how am I supposed to believe all the other good things you say when you throw in a non sequitur like this.  We all know Kelly here, so you can't slip this one by us...Wink

He even gave me some helpful college-related advice.  

...and now Malone 11 knows where the party schools are...Geek

dude
 Post Reply Post Reply