My DS Vanquish passed all 7 Stages in 1 day?Post Date: 2013-11-15 |
Post Reply
|
| Author | |
CrazyandLazy
Newbie
Joined: 14 Nov 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 46 |
Quote Reply
Topic: My DS Vanquish passed all 7 Stages in 1 day?Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 6:43pm |
|
I ordered around noon today, 15 Nov 2013 and I went out, came back by dinner. It's night time now and I see that all stages are completed and ready to ship.
Stage 7: (QA Passed) Your order has successfully passed our stringent quality assurance process. Everything from top to bottom on your purchase has been verified by an experienced Digital Storm technician. Estimated Shipment Date: 0-1 business days (Mon-Fri) from 11/15/2013 (Note: This is only an estimation. If problems are encountered during testing, we may have to hold your order for a few more days to ensure you receive a rock-solid stable problem free system. I thought it was 72 hours stress testing? It only took 6 hours for all 7 stages. Is this false advertisement? I can understand the jump from Stage 1 to Stage 6 because they probably had Vanqush Lv.2s stocked in the warehouse but shouldn't Stage 7 take at least 72 hours(2 days)? I mean I only got two e-mails, one passing Stage 1 and the other, just recently, passing Stage 7. Did Goku and Gohan tested it in the hyperbolic time chamber? Is there an explanation? I was so anxious of buying a computer. I am really scared of buying a lemon and having a terrible experience. |
|
![]() |
|
ArkansasWoman777
DS Veteran
Joined: 19 Aug 2012 Online Status: Offline Posts: 4314 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 7:24pm |
|
The vanquish line are prebuilt and i believe are stressed tested the first time and maybe a second time not sure. I wouldn't worry about it too much, DS builds solid computers so you are in good hands.
Stages do happen to go pretty quickly on prebuilt systems. Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 15 Nov 2013 at 7:30pm |
|
|
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper i5 3570k Ordered: 11-27-12 Stage 1: 11-29-12 Stage 2: 12-2-12 Stage 3: 12-2-12 Stage 4: 12-4-12 Stage 5: 12-4-12 Stage 6: 12-10-12 Stage 7: 12-12-12 |
|
![]() |
|
fstcvc
DS Veteran
Joined: 06 Jul 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 2551 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 7:29pm |
|
As aw777 stated, these are pre-built so they have most likely been tested prior to you ordering it. They probably run a quick test to re-check the system before shipping it out to verify nothing is wrong before shipping. I'm sure Alex is roaming around here somewhere and will give a finite answer to your question...
Oh, and congrats on the new system!!
|
|
|
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz Asus Maximus VI Extreme 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling |
|
![]() |
|
Alex
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor
Joined: 04 Jun 2012 Online Status: Offline Posts: 16314 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 9:07am |
|
Correct, we've been pre-building them since it's a fixed configuration (getting ready for the Holidays).
|
|
![]() |
|
CrazyandLazy
Newbie
Joined: 14 Nov 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 46 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 9:31am |
|
Ok. Just asking cause it only took 6 hours. Didn't want to think DS did not turn it on at least once before final stage of shipping it out.
|
|
![]() |
|
Dan
Newbie
Joined: 09 Nov 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 15 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 10:24am |
|
Same scenario here: I ordered V4 online, received notice by end of day that system had passed Stage 7.
As others indicate, Vanquish units are pre built, & as such mine is working flawlessly since received a week ago. Have fun w/your new rig! ![]() |
|
|
Getting to know more & more about less & less, till we know everything about nothing!
|
|
![]() |
|
Tidgxor
DS ELITE
The Kokopelli kid
Joined: 17 Sep 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 13000 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 10:43am |
|
|
|
My Two Digital Storm Rigs: Mr. Bojangles (HAF-X, 2010) & Mrs. Bojingles (Bolt I, 2013).
|
|
![]() |
|
CrazyandLazy
Newbie
Joined: 14 Nov 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 46 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 11:39am |
|
Thanks for all your kind help guys!
I can't wait til it gets here :] Really want to start BF4 and Dota 2. |
|
![]() |
|
Post Reply
|
| Forum Jump | Forum Permissions ![]() You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You can vote in polls in this forum |