FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My DSO Experience - 2 months Now

Post Date: 2008-04-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mysty View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My DSO Experience - 2 months Now
    Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 5:50pm
From Start to Present:  In November I started shopping around for a Gaming Rig because I knew I would be receiving some money in the future coming months.  I decided that I would treat everyone in the house to one item they wanted; my daughter wanted a Nissan Coupe and I wanted a Gaming Rig; she got her coupe and I started shopping for my Gaming Rig.  Because I had actually never shopped for a Gaming Rig and just always updated the Premades I wasnt sure where to Start; so I googled it.  Lots of Companies came up and I started checking websites; but something about each one made me try the next Domain.  When I got to DSO something caught me; I've always had good instinct so I got more into reading their Configuration, Forums, etc; after about 2 hours I put together my Dream Machine.  I knew I could for the first time in my life afford what I wanted so I tried not to let those old habits of trying to save a dime interfere with my selections.

Well after at least an hour of changing things around I came up with a Configuration and went to Save it.  I think the box I checked off said Future Configuration.  Well about 10 minutes later this Guy Kelly calls me to talk about my Rig Configuration.  Talk about being blown away; I was almost speechless; I didnt take it like they were pushing a sale; because I was clear I wouldnt be ready for a while; but that didnt seem to matter; all that mattered to Kelly was that I got what I wanted; and that I didnt get things I wouldnt use and would be a waste of my money.  Impressive to say the least.   After talking for well over 1/2 hr.  I told him I wanted to research some of his suggestions as well as look around.  That wasnt a problem for him at all. 

Now for the following week I did alot of research on the various Hardware they were offering; also did price checking etc.  My end conclusion was that DSO was definately where I was getting my Rig.  Here were my reasons why: CS (customer service) began before I even verified a purchase; All of my Emails and ?'s were answered; I was not told to buy or add things I didnt need or wouldnt use.  I priced all the Parts; and to be honest it would have cost me more if you count the parts, time putting it toghether, configuration issues I could have; and the no-guarantee.  With DSO I would get a 3 year full warranty; CS that I already knew was outstanding and all the Headaches would be their's; not mine; so I felt I was getting the better end of the Deal!!!

So now you know how & why I chose DSO; and the results are in; Im luving my Rig; its been 2 months; and in this time I've called them 2 times and probably sent 3 emails and every single time I either spoke to someone or Kelly emailed me to help.    I also learned my lesson in not letting a problem drag on; because Kelly actually evaluated my issues and gave me lots on instruction on nailing the problem down; and Wala I have a Great Running Rig again.  That Nvlddmkm Error Issue seems to effect lots of different people and for a million and one reasons; so its definately an error that needs to be pinpointed by a tech that knows what he's doing. 

So am I happy!!! HELL YEAH; I got my Killer Gaming Rig and my daughter got her Coupe.  So we are both Riding High; and am so happy I chose DSO to build my Rig.  As long as they stay strong while they grow they will have my business.    Not one other company made this experience a Personal one; DSO accomplished making this Build personnel and that is what we are paying for!!  So thanks to DSO, Kelly and anyone else I've spoken to; Keep up the great work; I know its a tough road but your definately doing it Right.
Duke View Drop Down

Digital Storm Customer Service

Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 7:29pm
Hmmm. Nissan coupe?
You bought your daughter a 350z?!!

EMAIL & MSN:
[email protected]
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 7:41pm
Maybe the Altima Coupe?

SunfighterLC View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 7:49pm

Good to see these reviews, a few weeks ago i almost waivered and bought a cyberpower because it was much cheaper overall and gave some intresting options, but the whole time i was on that site it just...felt cheap. I dont mind the free stuff now and then if it involves something im buying, but they were throwing free stuff like poker chips and T-shirts things that have nothing to do with computers....and it just reminded me a lot of those damn BUT WAIT THERES MORE! cheapo commericals where they throw gobs of cheap plastic trash at you and jack up your shipping and handling.

Ill be sticking with DS till that fateful day in April (or May) when i actually order lol. Then cry cause my bank account took a hit and im a massive cheap-o! haha.

Edit: Youre both wrong, its a 1990s whatever 200SX

Edited by SunfighterLC - 03 Apr 2008 at 7:52pm
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 7:59pm
Ok, we really know this is what you bought her.  Just admit it and move on.  We already love you, so you don't have to worry what we think.

DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 8:19pm
Thats not a nissan!
Mysty View Drop Down

Quote Mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:02pm
Duke; it dosent look as small as that; her's looks bigger; I wanted her to get the 3.5 but she got the 2.5; It's the Nissan Altima coupe; didnt realize their was a different one sorry.  I felt like she deserved it; I've never had alot of money to buy her anything like that before; and out of my 3 kids she did things right.  She dosent really party; she graduated HS; she is going to college (not sure where the hell she came from).  Now if you knew me you would understand why I said that.  I dont even have a new car; my new car is my rig; I dont go out all that much anyway; so I can use her car if I dont feel like taking mine.  But getting her that car made her so happy; and its not like those other rich kids where they crack up their car and mommy buys them a new one.  She knows that this is it; its a lifetime of gifts all rolled into one.  It made me feel good to do something like that for her; and she is a good driver or I would have waited.  It's actually a pretty nice car; I get people stopping and looking in my Driveway all the time; I guess cause it just started coming out last Sept so people dont really recognize it. 

Im also the live for today type person and screw saving for retirement; my parents are probably rolling over in their abodes watching me go thru the money;  LOL; but they knew me and knew I would.  Screw saving it; when it's gone Ill keep living; no big deal; I dont need much; and I have almost everything I want or need.  This gaming computer was a great gift to myself; I think I deserve to Kick AS in Style.

Edited by Mysty - 03 Apr 2008 at 10:07pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:26pm
damn....ed won...
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:32pm
This is what every kids first car should look like.  Driving home a little humility can always help you see the value in things.  My first car was a 75' oxidized, gold  4 door Belair I bought for $500.00.  Had a 350 in it and it was the biggest piece of crap, but I had fun with it.

Edited by EdH63 - 03 Apr 2008 at 10:32pm
Duke View Drop Down

Digital Storm Customer Service

Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:59pm
Mysty, the Altima is a nice car. I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it. I believe it has the same engine as the 350z (the V6 model).

Ed, how many times did you almost die in that car?
EMAIL & MSN:
[email protected]
Mysty View Drop Down

Quote Mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 11:21pm
My first car was a 1965 Ford Fairlane; Original Owner; Garage Kept, 8,000 miles and the back seat was never sat in.  The owner died and his family was selling it and this was in the 70's; they wanted 1,000 or so; anyway I only had 400.00; so I went to their house everyday; asking for it; finally they got sick of seeing me & eventually sold it to me for 400.00.

My daughter drove my old Car for a year; then her grandfather bought her a Used Dodge Strata which she had for almost a year.  Then this Altima.  I actually have a honda Civic in the driveway that I want my son to use when he gets his permit/license; but he is being a little shi'head about it; he says he dosent want that car and wants something better or he wont get his permit.    He tries to act like he is hurting me if he dosent drive.   Oh Well I guess he'll never drive; cause I refuse to give in; no kid should have a nice car for their first year of driving.  He thinks ill give in cause I have a little money now; but I refuse; all my kids had your basic piece of shrt for their first car; and unless he pays for it himself he is getting the Honda in Driveway.  My dad left him some money but he cant touch it till he's 21; so I dont have to worry about him using it for a nice car.    I also offered that in the meantime while driving the Honda we would look for an Old Mustang, GTO or something Cool that he can work on for a few years. But im not giving in on the Honda; especially cause the Honda wont cost me a cent; its my other daughters old car.  The Problem I have is that I am on the Border of an area where the other side of the Street is really wealthy; and we live in your basic Middle Class Section; so they see these kids getting brand new cars when they get permits, or their license.  Thier school even has a planaterium that other neighboring towns come to for class trips.  Their School has so much money it's out of hand; plus lots of middle-class  family's that became rich after 9/11;.   So their friends get these beautiful cars.  My Daughter never asked for me to buy it; she asked me to help her buy it and her take a loan; but I surprised her; I would rather her work on college stuff than having to work to pay her bills and wind up not doing good in school.
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Duke

Mysty, the Altima is a nice car. I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it. I believe it has the same engine as the 350z (the V6 model).

Ed, how many times did you almost die in that car?

I could tell you stories of that Belair.  Never came close to death in it, but I ran out of gas all the time and hitchhiked many a ride because the instrument cluster never worked.  I literally abused the car so bad I wound up selling at the Tex-Mex auction for $100.00.  That was my first high school car.  Hell, I didn't care what I got back then as a first car.  It was awesome just to be able to get the heck out of the house when I wanted to. 

I will share this little story with you though.  I was on my way to my mother's house to do some laundry and I ran out of gas on one of our busy highways here in SA.  I of course abandoned the car and started my long walk with my thumb sticking out, Kelly would've liked that, and shortly thereafter a car pulled over and waved me up.  This car was tiny and a worse beater than mine.  Reluctantly I walked up to the car and looked inside and this fine looking cutie was sitting in the driver's seat. 

She asked if I needed a ride and it didn't take a cattle prod to get me to accept.  I got in and she offered me a wine cooler and asked me what my plans were for that evening.  Well, my plans probably weren't going to include my farggin car, so I told her sitting around my moms house doing laundry most likely.  She asked if she picked me up at a designated time, would I want to come to the club she danced at and hang out?  SHE'S A STRIPPER!!!  I politely responded by giving her a time to meet me at the house.

Needless to say, I had a great evening... without my car.  Can't remember how I got home the next day.  Who cares...

Edited by EdH63 - 04 Apr 2008 at 2:26am
Mysty View Drop Down

Quote Mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 9:06am

To be young, free and careless; damn I miss those days!!!

Mifunego View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Mifunego Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Mysty

; plus lots of middle-class  family's that became rich after 9/11;. 

I hate to ask - how did that happen?

Bewheeled, in a demonic fashion.
Mysty View Drop Down

Quote Mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 1:53pm
My daughter had lots of friends; and people in our Neighborhood that lost Fathers, mother, etc when 9/11 happened.  Im in NJ; actually only 40 min from NYC; so people went from having no money to having well over a million; between the Insurance, and various organizations as well as each family who lost a member was awarded $$.  So many people who never had much now became millionaires; sad way for it to happen; but that's what happened.

Their were also people who were caught saying they had a family member die just to get money.  You know some of these people were caught; but I guarantee their are a few out their who claimed they had a relative in the Train Station below the World Trade Center; and if it couldnt be proven that the person was alive; and after an investigation they would receive the money.  All a person would have to actually do is stay off the radar; change their name and have someone say they were in the Trade Center.  It really wasnt hard to do that; it was wrong; but you know some people did it.  Actually their was someone who was caught last year and had to give back what money they had left; and got some jail time too.

Edited by Mysty - 04 Apr 2008 at 1:56pm
Weasel View Drop Down

Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 1:54pm
I think you guys are all wrong on what his daughter's coupe looks like. I say it looks something like this...

Or was it this one?

LOL

I'm sorry, I couldnt help myself.
Mysty View Drop Down

Quote Mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 2:25pm
his daughter's
no, no, no
her daughter; her, her, her; man you guys think all serious gamers are guys.  It's like I could be in a guild; I could be on a Raid; and Im a Rogue; and their will be another Rogue.  Now he makes all sorts of Screw ups; I dont make any; yet he is looked at like the better Rogue.  I find gaming sometimes very annoying in this aspect of things;  Im actually thinking of doing the Gender/Bender thing just to see if Im right.  Although I would have to get some kind of masking for my voice in Vent during Raids.  But I think I would get tons of compliments if I was a guy Rogue.  The only time I get major props is when we are putting a boss down; everyone is dead but a Tank, Me(the rogue) and he's got 1% life; now the boss is near dead the Tank dies; and I put my quick daggers to use and get the Kill; Then I get major props but that is the only time.  I cant even tell you how many times I outlive every rogue; yet it never seems to get noticed; but if a guy did it I guarantee he gets noticed.  Gaming is very discriminatory against women except if your a Healer or Pally.
Weasel View Drop Down

Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 2:47pm
1. I didn't know you was a woman, forgive me.

2. Most players/gamers I have met are men, thats why I automatically put "his".

3. I may be mistaken but I think I learned in English class if your unsure of the gender the default is masculine.

4. Your not the first woman gamer/player I have ever met. MOST gamers are men, not all, but most.

5. As said in No. 1, please forgive me for that mistake.

6. Why am I listing sentences with numbers before them?
Mifunego View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Mifunego Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Weasel

I think you guys are all wrong on what his daughter's coupe looks like. I say it looks something like this...

LOL

I'm sorry, I couldnt help myself.

Those would be sedans, not coupes.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Evil%20Smile

And I just got a call - my UPS delivery has arrived...  It's gonna be a late one tonight, heh heh.

Edited by Mifunego - 04 Apr 2008 at 3:58pm
Bewheeled, in a demonic fashion.
bfrank2me View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bfrank2me Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by EdH63

She asked if she picked me up at a designated time, would I want to come to the club she danced at and hang out?  SHE'S A STRIPPER!!!  I politely responded by giving her a time to meet me at the house.

Needless to say, I had a great evening... without my car.  Can't remember how I got home the next day.  Who cares...

For Ed...

...and now they've been married for 23 years, sweet story!

For Mysty...

So you're loaded...  What are you doing this Friday night?Heart
Why don't you and I load up our inventories, cast saving spells against STD's and I'll show you a 40 man raid that you'll never forget. Nobody on this forum can recharge their mana as fast as this orc! Cool

Bf2m

...the first hundred years are the hardest
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Mysty

his daughter's
no, no, no
her daughter; her, her, her; man you guys think all serious gamers are guys.  It's like I could be in a guild; I could be on a Raid; and Im a Rogue; and their will be another Rogue.  Now he makes all sorts of Screw ups; I dont make any; yet he is looked at like the better Rogue.  I find gaming sometimes very annoying in this aspect of things;  Im actually thinking of doing the Gender/Bender thing just to see if Im right.  Although I would have to get some kind of masking for my voice in Vent during Raids.  But I think I would get tons of compliments if I was a guy Rogue.  The only time I get major props is when we are putting a boss down; everyone is dead but a Tank, Me(the rogue) and he's got 1% life; now the boss is near dead the Tank dies; and I put my quick daggers to use and get the Kill; Then I get major props but that is the only time.  I cant even tell you how many times I outlive every rogue; yet it never seems to get noticed; but if a guy did it I guarantee he gets noticed.  Gaming is very discriminatory against women except if your a Healer or Pally.

Oh crap!  I saw that one coming!
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Weasel

1. I didn't know you was a woman, forgive me.

2. Most players/gamers I have met are men, thats why I automatically put "his".

3. I may be mistaken but I think I learned in English class if your unsure of the gender the default is masculine.

4. Your not the first woman gamer/player I have ever met. MOST gamers are men, not all, but most.

5. As said in No. 1, please forgive me for that mistake.

6. Why am I listing sentences with numbers before them?

You may just want to say your sorry and walk away at this point.
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by bfrank2me

She asked if she picked me up at a designated time, would I want to come to the club she danced at and hang out?  SHE'S A STRIPPER!!!  I politely responded by giving her a time to meet me at the house.

For Ed...

...and now they've been married for 23 years, sweet story!

For Mysty...

So you're loaded...  What are you doing this Friday night?Heart
Why don't you and I load up our inventories, cast saving spells against STD's and I'll show you a 40 man raid that you'll never forget. Nobody on this forum can recharge their mana as fast as this orc! Cool

Bf2m

That was some awfully good comical timing there, my friend!  Priceless, although incorrect.  But frigging priceless!
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 5:06pm
What the hell are you playing that there is 40 man raids ? WoW killed those off long ago cause the semi casuals couldnt cut it =P. I miss the 40 manners, in those raids you could make a mistake now and then and never get noticed. Or even better...AFK raid with somebody on follow.
Weasel View Drop Down

Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 8:42am

You may just want to say your sorry and walk away at this point.

Nah, I can't do that, this is too much fun. Besides how many men do think will admit they are wrong?

Note: When i say "men" I mean a "Man," not a "Real Man."

Also Note: I don't yet qualify for either, I'm under the category "Young man"

(P.S. Most of the things I say are jokes, so don't take me seriously)

Edited by Weasel - 05 Apr 2008 at 8:43am
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 9:19am
If just most of the things you say are jokes, how will we know that one thing that's not isn't what you're talking about at the moment?  That's the one thing that could take Mysty over the edge and cause her to redecorate this forum one night in the wee hours of the morn when no one is here.  Can you imagine the horror to come to these forums the next day and see girly decorations all over the place!?  I just can't allow that to happen.

(PS - I'm sure she knows you're joking)  Wink
Weasel View Drop Down

Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 9:36am

That's the one thing that could take Mysty over the edge and cause her to redecorate this forum one night in the wee hours of the morn when no one is here.  Can you imagine the horror to come to these forums the next day and see girly decorations all over the place!? 

AHH!!! Images of a girly forum!!! IT BURNS!!!Dead

hehe...

Most of the time you can tell when I'm joking and when I'm not.

I get more serious when (seriously) talking about computers

P.S. You probably know what I mean in a "Man" and a "Real Man."
The "Man" is the one who has no respect for women and treats his wife like property, the "Real Man" is just the opposite. (Just for people that don't know the difference.)

Edited by Weasel - 05 Apr 2008 at 9:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply