FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My First Build :D

Post Date: 2019-01-18

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MarineWarrior902 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Jan 2019
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
  Quote MarineWarrior902 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My First Build :D
    Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 9:01pm
I have recently wanted and been needing a new PC, I have been a big fan of Digital Storm and I was just wondering if the build I have made is good for what I want it for!!

Please don't hesitate and let me know what you think.

I want my Build to be For Mainly Gaming and for homework, Job related work and side business.

Build Code: 2218115
Let me know what you think, please look it over and make any readjustments that you want and re paste your code so I can see what people make as changes.

I want a maximum $2500-$2750 build
Back to Top
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1608
  Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:16am
Welcome to the forum MarineWarrior902 !

Great build will work great as is! You made pretty good choices on processor,no maintenance cooler, and a solid video card! I have 2 suggestions to tweak this a bit higher if you like.

1) change drive 1 to the 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express) ...adds like $37 dollars. The stock DS M.2 SSD uses the slower SATA III bus...While the Samsung Evo m.2 SSD is NVM Express and uses the faster PCIE bus for a much much faster SSD drive.

2) you could choose a Stage 1 overclock on the CPU for free. As you have a very good Corsair CPU cooler on the processor, a mild overclock would give you a little bit more performance...it’s what these Intel K chips were made to do.

Either way, solid Lumos build that should rock nicely for many years!
Let us know what you select....
Back to Top
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7331
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 8:15am
I agree with HockeyBuck. For $37 you can't beat the performance jump to NVMe.

I would definitely opt for the 750W corsair PSU both for the 5 year warranty, and the ability it will give you to move beyond the 2070 sometime in the future. Puts you at $2735.

I'm not sure it's a concern, but the 9700K has no hyperthreading. 8 cores is it. For my money, I would prefer the 8700K. There's only about a 3% difference in performance. The 9900K is just too much $ for too little gain. Gaming doesn't depend on threads, but there may be other things you do that does. Elect the 8700K, and you're back at $2595.

I know, I know, ole Cretae with the choices monkey wrench, but It's what I do.

Just tryin' ta help.

BTW, I'm a Marine ca. 1968-'71. Yeh, I'm THAT old.   

Edited by Cretae - 19 Jan 2019 at 8:18am
Back to Top
MarineWarrior902 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Jan 2019
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
  Quote MarineWarrior902 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:34am
That sounds good!!, thanks!. @HockeyBuck and @Cretae

I will be making the changes

Edited by MarineWarrior902 - 19 Jan 2019 at 10:35am
Back to Top
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7966
  Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 1:48am
@Cretae: THANK YOU for your service at a time the population did not like the military. Awesome
Back to Top
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7331
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 8:22am
What a guy, hose!
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.0703125 seconds.