FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Lovely Rig

Post Date: 2008-03-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My Lovely Rig
    Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 5:06pm

Well I have had it for about 3 months and it is a screaming machine.  Not a single issue with the hardware and it runs every game I have maxed out and rock solid.  Finally, gonna post some photos of it!  Thanks DSO!

The box the moment it arrived from DHL...

How she looked right out of the box

Side panel off.... such power!!!

Close up of the guts!

My little gaming room in my house.  Oh, ya dont freak, no more drinks on the desk to fall into the top! 

Here is a repost of my full review of my amazing rig to go with the potos:

Ok, so I do not have the time to do a great review of my new rig as I am going out of town tomorrow, but here is the abbreviated version.

I ordered on about November third, started in stage one on the seventh.  It was a rocky road from there. Had to upgrade the case and go with Thermoelectric cooling as it was a fire pit.  Delayed it like mad.  I don’t blame DSO entirely as they are trying to custom build and I guess, unknowingly, I had stuffed to much rig into a Twister Pro case. Many hours on the phone with Alex and Kelly and Josh and Dave and we finally came to a compromise and got her working.  Alex answered every email I sent to him and reinstalled my confidence in the delays in the build.

Alex even called me several times and assured me they were all over it and must have told me 10 times that they wanted to send me nothing but the best rig possible.  He also knew that I was shipping out on a business trip tomorrow, the eleventh, for at least a week and as much as three weeks. I live alone and HAD to have this here today, the tenth.

Arrived today via DHL, I had it, in cooperation with DSO and with added cost to me, overnight shipped from DSO on Friday.

The rig arrived, as promised before 3 PM eastern time.  The fun than begun.

The exterior box was in good shape, only one dented corner and the exterior was dirty.  It was well sealed and had several fragile stickers on it. 

Once opened, it was VERY well packaged with custom fit foam.  Everything was perfectly packed and easy to unpack.  The book was nicely organized and I like that all of the extra component parts were included along with all of the manuals.

I pulled it out, and checked it all over. I could not believe my eyes as to what I had in my hands. This rig was like a 70, Hemi, Cuda.  She Screamed raw power both externally and internally.  Its visual appeal both excited and scared me! I have NEVER seen so many and such large fans on a computer!  And the purple liquid carried by clear garden hoses to tame this beast of a processor was just plain insanity!

Not a single missing or loose screw. All of the components were still well seated.  Only one memory stick seemed very slightly loose.  I snuggled her up into the MB and then looked in the book, even though I know how to set up a computer, I followed all of DSO’s directions.

She fired up like a champ! And sounded like a 747 starting up! I then began the task of installing all of the router hard ware and software. Everything worked very smoothly. I then lugged this hulking beast upstairs and gingerly set her in my office.  Way too big to fit in my “desks” computer hole. So, she was placed loving next to my desk reserved just for my gaming adventures.

I spent the next several hours getting used to Vista will loading up my newly purchased Norton 2008, MS Office 2007 and a plethora of other basic programs and Windows Updates. I then installed my new Logitech Trackman mouse ball, my new Samsung SyncMaster 226BW, my new Razer Lycosa key board (ya, there are all the connections for it in a flip up panel on top of the case) and my Creative Labs 5.1 speakers.  EVERYTHING loaded perfectly and without a single glitch. Its like Vista and this rig were just waiting for this stuff to be hooked up!

So, now here I am.  I just loaded CRYSIS.  And, I went into the menu screen for the game. I hit the auto config button on the options menu to see what it would do, while crossing my fingers.  The next thing I know, within seconds, I get a “Warning, you have been set to very high”. Ya, that’s right kids.  This game, the recent killer of all rigs is telling me all settings are on VERY HIGH.  I also checked them.  Yup, maxed out!

So, if that is not a testament to the quality of this beast, nothing is.

To all of you there at DSO, thank you for my dream system.  It was a lot of money, some pain, but worth it over all.  You have a customer for life.

I will try to download and post some photos before my plane leaves tomorrow.

Tonight? I am pouring me a 25 year old scotch and logging on to Crysis.  It is time to put my hard earned and hard slaved over system to work.

Thanks to all at DSO for building me a visually and functionally killer rig.  Thank you for listening to me complain and holding my hand every step of the birth process of this beast.

Edited by Dog Lover - 05 Mar 2008 at 9:26pm
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
Qx6850 3.0 Ghz (stock speed)
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Thermoelectric Liquid Chilled
Windows 7,64b
Bill the Cat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 5:18pm
Nothing like a TJ9 for that look of understated brute force. Peel off the stickers though....
3.6 GHz E6850,       4 GB RAM, GTS 250,   TJ9, Win 7 64-bit
4.4 GHz i7 3930K, 16 GB RAM, GTX 670, 550D, Win 7 64-bit
OlBull View Drop Down

Quote OlBull Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 5:22pm
Sweet Dog Lover.......................sweet.  So that's the bad boy that croaked me, huh?   Thumbs%20Up
SunfighterLC View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 6:37pm
God i can tell im extremely tired right now. I just got back from work after a 14 hour day =(. First thing i thought when i saw the first picture was holy crap they made his computer out of cardboard. My god im stupid when im tired haha.

Looking at these pictures though may of convinced me of the merits of maybe waiting another week to collect an extra 200 to upgrade my case from a 750 to a 950. That case looks really sleek.

I have to ask though, why is it the more a DS customer pays for his computer, the smaller their desks are? lol. Its like you put a corvette engine in a honda =) Then again...maybe i just like fancy big desks..haha.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by SunfighterLC

I have to ask though, why is it the more a DS customer pays for his computer, the smaller their desks are? lol...haha.

Oh, ha, ha, ha. Very funny. You shouldn't make fun of the size of a man's.... Oh wait a minute. "desk"?  Never mind.

Ed, I beat you to it.

Edited by Bill the Cat - 05 Mar 2008 at 7:37pm
Mythius101 View Drop Down

Quote Mythius101 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 8:17pm
I finally got so tired of my tiny computer desk that I bought a standard folding table and use that now.  Sooo much better.
Vista Home Premium 32
Core 2 Quad Q6600
nVidia 680iA1
2GB Corsair Dominator RAM
2x SLI Dual GeForce 8800GTS 512MB
Creative Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty XtremeGamer
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 8:26pm
I know, I do need a bigger desk.  Its not the fact of the money to buy one, its just that I have had this stupid little desk for 10 years and to be frank, I just like it.  It is the perfect size and height for me and it just feels comfortable when hardcore gaming.  I have looked at a lot of desks, in all price ranges and I just do not like the way they "feel".

I am thinking about having my neighbor make me one.  He is a serious woodworker and I was thinking of getting one that has the same basic measurments in the front and then expanding it around that.

It is funny, though... I live in a 350 K two story house, with a 4,500 DSO rig and I have a 99 buck desk! LOL... sigh.
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 8:57pm
lol i understand the feeling of just liking something =P

I have a 27.5 Hanns G LCD, but im saving it till i get my new DS.

I currently use a CRT Viewsonic Optiquest V95 that has been running with me across the past 3 computers, this thing just wont die. My dad first got it with his computer back in 1998-99 (cant remember that far back haha). after a year he got a new monitor because he didnt like this one, and being a cheapo college kid at the time, i obviously jumped at the chance to get a free monitor. So really this thing has seen 4 computers.

When i get my new DS im gonna have this old thing retired to using my older computer that im gonna use for paying bills and work related stuff. Im never gonna let it go though till it dies a natural death. I still think of my college dorm room still whenever i look at it =P. Its going on 10 years old now, yet to burn out or break hehe.
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 9:18pm

Sun, I just upgraded my monitor from my 19 inch CRT that I had for 9 years!  It was still running strong but its max res was 1024 x 768, and I surely wasnt going to plug that into my screaming DSO rig!

I now have a Samsung SyncMaster 226bw, 22 inch LCD and I love it.  I run all my games maxed out at 1680 x 1050 and I want to cry they look so good.
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Bill the Cat

Originally posted by SunfighterLC

I have to ask though, why is it the more a DS customer pays for his computer, the smaller their desks are? lol...haha.

Oh, ha, ha, ha. Very funny. You shouldn't make fun of the size of a man's.... Oh wait a minute. "desk"?  Never mind.

Ed, I beat you to it.

There's going to be hell to pay for that!

Angry
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Dog Lover

I know, I do need a bigger desk.  Its not the fact of the money to buy one, its just that I have had this stupid little desk for 10 years and to be frank, I just like it.  It is the perfect size and height for me and it just feels comfortable when hardcore gaming.  I have looked at a lot of desks, in all price ranges and I just do not like the way they "feel".

I am thinking about having my neighbor make me one.  He is a serious woodworker and I was thinking of getting one that has the same basic measurments in the front and then expanding it around that.

It is funny, though... I live in a 350 K two story house, with a 4,500 DSO rig and I have a 99 buck desk! LOL... sigh.

So your name's Frank huh?
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 12:22am
Frank? who in hell is that?
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Dog Lover

Frank? who in hell is that?

Look back at my post and think hard about it.

Wink
bfrank2me View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bfrank2me Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 1:50pm
...If anyone's going to be frank around here, it's me!

Bill's the kind of guy who checks out other guy's desks in the shower...

EdH's the kind of guy who comments on Bill's technique for checking out other guy's desks in the shower...

I have the Hanns-G 28" monitor as well and I'm llllllovin' it.

Great system Dog Lover, and I think your desk is just fine.  (I am a little concerned about the chair cushion though...).  Enjoy your Scotch and don't let these guys give you an inferiority complex.
...the first hundred years are the hardest
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 3:16pm

Rotflmao, Bfrank2me! LOL

Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by bfrank2me

...If anyone's going to be frank around here, it's me!

Bill's the kind of guy who checks out other guy's desks in the shower...

EdH's the kind of guy who comments on Bill's technique for checking out other guy's desks in the shower...

I have the Hanns-G 28" monitor as well and I'm llllllovin' it.

Great system Dog Lover, and I think your desk is just fine.  (I am a little concerned about the chair cushion though...).  Enjoy your Scotch and don't let these guys give you an inferiority complex.

I've always been the voyeur type.  I've enjoyed living vicariously through Bill's posts.
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 6:58pm
Ed, your killing me over here!  LOL
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
Kenpo View Drop Down

Quote Kenpo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2008 at 11:59am

Nice.....Very nice

Grats on the system

Have fun storming the castle!

You won't be disappointed with CrysisBig%20smile
You only lose if you quit!!
Everett View Drop Down

Quote Everett Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 May 2008 at 9:20pm
Nice review and pictures,

No dog in DS box picture? that is the true way to show a dog's devotion to a company. :p
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2008 at 10:50am
You asked for it and now your gonna get it.  Here is a photo of my dog that I love so much!

Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
Everett View Drop Down

Quote Everett Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2008 at 12:39pm
Your dog looks fascinated by the camera.

Would request for you to put your dog in the DS box, but am not sure you'll be willing to do that.  It would be cool to see her in it.

Edited by Everett - 10 May 2008 at 1:36pm
OlBull View Drop Down

Quote OlBull Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2008 at 12:42pm

Looks like the lead sled dog in my team.  Just a bit smaller than the Bull Dogs that make up the rest of the team.  LOL

Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2008 at 12:59pm
My baby is named Isabelle and is 12 years old.  She is a wooping 7.5 lbs.  She is my best friend.  She loves her spot on the couch in my gaming room and will lay there sleeping like a baby for hours while I blow up the enemy.  I listen to her snore in the background of my 5.1 sound!

And, no. Not much of a guard dog.  She will bark her head off if you knock on the door and then pee all over the floor in excitement as she thinks everyone is here to see her.  She loves everyone!

Woot
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
Everett View Drop Down

Quote Everett Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2008 at 1:45pm
It was cool that your PC review turned into being about your dog.  With the added assistance of spawning the dog box reply. :p

It's just, I've wanted to put my dog Angus (a Scottish West Highland Terrier who hails from the snowy mountain regions) in a PC box. :)

What's interesting is Angus reminds me of the Demoman from Team Fortress 2, being black and scottish.  My dog has white fur but has actual black skin.

What type of breed is she? she looks somewhat of a chow but can't tell excatly.

Isabelle is a beautiful name.  As is she.  She sounds like my dog laying on a specific spot on the couch and sleeping.

My dog is pooular among people and likes everyone too.  Sometimes strangers will come up to him and pet him if we take him outside for a walk.
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2008 at 3:01pm
Dog is considered a delicacy in some Asian countries.  
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2008 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by EdH63

Strange, that was my first reaction too, but all that fur would get caught between your teeth. What's she look like shaved?
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2008 at 5:18pm
Is this a post your doggie thread? if it is....my former doggie

R.I.P Keiko
Had to be put down at 2 years old Cry
E8500@ 4.03Ghz
XFX 790i Ultra
1000W Corsair HX
2 280 GTX EVGA FTW
4GB OCZ Reaper 1800Mhz
250-80-300GB VR HD
Logitech Z-2300 2.1 Speakers
Asus Xonar 7.1
Hanns-G HG 281D 28" HDMI Monitor
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2008 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by EdH63

Strange, that was my first reaction too, but all that fur would get caught between your teeth. What's she look like shaved?

Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2008 at 10:42pm
E-hem.... that is *not* a she... LOL
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2008 at 11:38pm
Sometimes, you never know what it is until you shave it.
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 May 2008 at 12:53am
LOLEd, your killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Actually that photo you posted is a Pomerainian, just like mine!  I have her shaved as we live in FL and its hot as hell with all that fur.... but, what was done to the dog in the photo you posted it criminal! 

And, ya, too much junk there to be a female like my sweet baby!

Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 May 2008 at 2:55am

EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 May 2008 at 8:39am

Leave it to beaver.  Big%20smile
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 May 2008 at 10:13am

LOL  Bill, that is great!            Thumbs%20Up

Edited by Dog Lover - 11 May 2008 at 10:13am
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896