FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Lumos Review

Post Date: 2020-03-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Armhunter View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Armhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My Lumos Review
    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:31am
Im going to admit, when I first ordered from Digital Storm I didn't do any research. I did look up other companies and saw some amazing builds, but I had no idea how long it takes to have my build made from this company. I didn't even look at other companies to see how long they take. I should have done a lot more research.. Im going to tell you ,, I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T. If I did, I might have selected a different company and probably wouldn't have received this amazing machine from Digital.

I didn't select any major options. I wanted one that I can add to myself. I used to build PC's back in the day but I have been away from it for about 10-15 years. So I wanted to make sure it was done correctly and since I have been out of the loop, i am a little unaware of the proper combinations I should use. I also don't have much time to research.

Anyway. Digital Storm told me this was a 15 days build. I was fine with that. I got updated from stage 1, to 2, then to 3 rather quickly. But then it stopped and after a total of almost 10 days, I called in and asked what was going on. They informed me that they are just a little behind. I said no problem. That same day it went to stage 4.. Not to long after that stage 5 and 6 was super fast. It almost took me 20-25 days to get my computer.

Most peoples comments online are mostly negative about the wait time. But since I have done a lot of research while waiting for this computer and receiving this computer. Let me tell you.. DIGITAL STORM is top notch!

My computer is amazing. It not only looks amazing, the build quality, the case quality, the wiring, the fans.. everything about it. If I ever buy another one, I wont go anywhere else. Not a chance.

I did add some of my own upgrades right when I received the computer. I had a Aorus Gigabyte 2070 Super waiting for it and a Sound Blaster Xae-5. The computer is fast. I have been playing DCS at 1440 and getting almost 100FPS.

I want to say thank you to everyone involved at Digital. you guys are amazing!! The wait is well worth it.

Chassis
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos

Core Components
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (12-Core) 4.6 GHz Turbo
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P (AMD X570 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 850W Corsair / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)

Storage / Connectivity
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Accessories / Goodies

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
AMD 3900x
32 gig
Aorus gigabyte 2070 super
Blaster X AE-5
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 4:16pm
Congratulations and welcome to DS. Awesome
Thank you for the review and hope you have many years of enjoyment out of your system. Big%20Smile

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 4:11am

When ready, grab yourself an NVMe M.2 drive to plug into your mobo and use for your primary drive. Talk about FAST....
Armhunter View Drop Down

Quote Armhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Cretae

When ready, grab yourself an NVMe M.2 drive to plug into your mobo and use for your primary drive. Talk about FAST....

For sure!! I have already been thinking of going this route.. just haven't pulled the trigger yet.. been buying those DCS upgrades which cost almost as much.. lol
AMD 3900x
32 gig
Aorus gigabyte 2070 super
Blaster X AE-5
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 4:50am

Post Reply Post Reply