My new DS machine with pics!Post Date: 2010-09-24 |
Post Reply
|
| Author | |
Lat
Newbie
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 47 |
Quote Reply
Topic: My new DS machine with pics!Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 1:53pm |
|
Thanks agian for all of your help!!! My new PC flies!!! My experience with DSO has been nothing but top notch!!!
I previously ordered a PC through IBP and needless to say that did not work out. I actually happened upon DSO on their forums and immediately regretted my purchase. Almost a blessing it was DOA.
I got a ton of help from the forum here. You guys are great! I didnt need a lot of support from the DSO staff but the little things like when I e-mailed in a change to my order, it was handled quickly and I had a completely new config e-mailed to me within a couple hours and I had done it early enough where it didnt effect my build.
The PC flew through the stages with its longest pause at stage 5 (I think it was 5 or 6 days there no big deal). As everyone notes the packaging is huge and robust. The PC fired right up and have not seen an issue yet. I havent run any benchmarks or temps or anything. Although I suspect I should (once I figure out how.. most of my PC knowledge came from this site). I have named my build FutureCity! This was based on my 9 year old step son describing the internals of my IBP machine a modern city and my DSP PC a future city(he even saw a lake in there... th ekid has imagination)
So... here it is
System Configuration: Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - HAF 922 Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish Processor: Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz (Quad Core) Motherboard: EVGA X58 SLI 3 Edition (Intel X58 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s) (Model: 131-GT-E767) System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 750W Digital Storm Certified (Dual SLI Compatible) (Silent Edition Recommended)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (40GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: X-25V Edition) (Extreme Performance)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 1.5GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 1: Noctua Dual 120mm Fans High Performance Cooler (Compatible With ONLY i7 Processors)
H20 Tube Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Red) +(Blue)
Enhancements: - No Thanks Chassis Mods: - No Thanks Noise Reduction: - No Thanks CPU Boost: FREE: Stage 1: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz (Cooling Upgrade Recommended) Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s) Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system Windows
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks Benchmarking: - No Thanks Pre-Install Game: FREE: Hot-selling game with a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 or above graphics card Display: - No Thanks Surge Shield: - No Thanks Speakers: - No Thanks Keyboard: - No Thanks Mouse: - No Thanks External Storage: - No Thanks Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Large) Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed Warranty: FREE PROMO: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 4 Year Limited Warrenty |
|
![]() |
|
Alex
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor
Joined: 04 Jun 2012 Online Status: Offline Posts: 16314 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 2:21pm |
|
Let's get some pics up!
|
|
![]() |
|
Lat
Newbie
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 47 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 2:25pm |
|
They are coming... just realized I need to resize them.
|
|
![]() |
|
Lat
Newbie
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 47 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 2:39pm |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
![]() |
|
!ender_
DS Veteran
Joined: 24 Oct 2007 Online Status: Offline Posts: 4219 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 2:56pm |
|
lookin good! love that red/blue combo
|
|
![]() |
|
Lat
Newbie
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 47 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 2:58pm |
|
It is awesome how it make purple in weird shapes and along weird lines because of the fans... the pictures dont do it justice how cool it actually looks.
|
|
![]() |
|
!ender_
DS Veteran
Joined: 24 Oct 2007 Online Status: Offline Posts: 4219 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 3:08pm |
|
dont worry, im part of that club too :) i know how cool it looks in person!
|
|
![]() |
|
Scorp
Newbie
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 98 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 3:43pm |
|
Looks great! It's been 2 weeks since i got mine... I should really start working on a review.. >.<
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Lat
Newbie
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 47 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 3:55pm |
|
O ya and dont mind the mess of wires.. I was excited and just ripped the old stuff out... I need to add more detail to my review.. just whipped it together real fast.
|
|
![]() |
|
al3xLJ
Groupie
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 217 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 5:36pm |
|
nice! enjoy your new beast
|
|
![]() |
|
AmbientChong11
Groupie
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 216 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 6:46pm |
|
For a second there I thought you stole my PC, lol. Nice system. Enjoy it >,<
|
|
![]() |
|
Cretae
DS Veteran
Joined: 22 Mar 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 7331 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 10:20pm |
|
Love those colors! Nice.
|
|
|
Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Intel Core i7 930 3.8GHz OC EVGA X58 LE 6GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram 750W Corsair 1TB HDD 1x ATI RadeonHD 5870 1GB Noctua Dual 120mm I can make my mind think... anything.... |
|
![]() |
|
rholyrag
Senior Member
Joined: 17 Oct 2009 Online Status: Offline Posts: 841 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 5:35am |
|
Great looking rig! The red and blue looks great! Thanks for sharing.
|
|
|
"What we do in life echoes in eternity" - Maximus from Gladiator
|
|
![]() |
|
the12deel
Newbie
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 49 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 11:24pm |
|
NOICE!!
|
|
![]() |
|
Lat
Newbie
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 47 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 12:27pm |
|
After playing with it for a few days its incredible. I have the OS and 1 game on the SSD... the load times on the game are incredible. Not to mention all the compliments I get on how cool it looks.
|
|
![]() |
|
Post Reply
|
| Forum Jump | Forum Permissions ![]() You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You can vote in polls in this forum |