Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
william View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote william Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: my one year after
    Posted: 13 May 2008 at 5:23pm
well guys it has now ben one year one year since i got my ds pc.

i got to tell you i and happy as hell with it.Smile as of right now i have no need to upgrade it at all. it was not a top of the line pc but it is good for me. as for ds support i only had to call it like 3 times. my m/b needed my memory timing to be set in the bios. after that just some tweaks and i was 100% good to go. i know i see alot of ppl complaining abought how long it takes. but thay have gotten so busy now it was bound to happen!

to new customers give them time not all custem build pcs are the same and can have bugs. but trust me if you have a problem you thay will work it out with you.

order 4410
pgs8113 View Drop Down

Quote pgs8113 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2008 at 5:29pm
what are your pc specs, just curious =P
QX6850 Extreme 3.33 Ghz (OC)
nvidia 680i Core 2 Quad(A1)
2Gb Corsair Dominator 1066 Mhz
1x150 Gb Raptor (10k)
1x320 Gb WD
8800 Ultra 768 Mb
william View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote william Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2008 at 5:37pm
e6600 at 3.0
2 GIG OF MEM
8800 gts
550 pwer spy
told you not the top of the line but all the work thay did for me will make it ez to upgrade when i need to. 

i did just make a mistake and went to new egg to look what was on sale :<  i got to stay off that site
Jason View Drop Down

Co-Owner

Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2008 at 6:14pm
Thank you!
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2008 at 9:36pm
Hey, william, I am glad to hear some one come back after a year with a big thumbs up!

I have had my rig since Dec, 07. It rocked for about four months and then the motherboard croaked.  NO..... Not DSO fault.  They had a great build, just the part (680i mb) decided it was time for a dirt nap.  So, I RMA the beast, upgrade to the 780i board, they over night it to me, and it has been rock solid every since. 

Actually, it runs better now than it did before, which is hard enough to believe.

So, you see me back here in Dec, 08 still raving about my machine and talking trash about how it will kick your fury butts, collectively! Wink

Grats again, william!
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
Qx6850 3.0 Ghz (stock speed)
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Thermoelectric Liquid Chilled
Windows 7,64b
pgs8113 View Drop Down

Quote pgs8113 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2008 at 5:15pm
I was just asking because it sounds like you have a tight rig, 1 year and no issues, which is good. 
QX6850 Extreme 3.33 Ghz (OC)
nvidia 680i Core 2 Quad(A1)
2Gb Corsair Dominator 1066 Mhz
1x150 Gb Raptor (10k)
1x320 Gb WD
8800 Ultra 768 Mb
william View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote william Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2008 at 5:51pm
not a prob i just got sick off seeing bad stuff here. ppl are so fast to say something something negative. but not as fast when it  all goes well
traylorc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote traylorc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2008 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by william

not a prob i just got sick off seeing bad stuff here. ppl are so fast to say something something negative. but not as fast when it  all goes well

No surprise...this has been a foundation in the business world for years.  Treat a customer well and they will tell 3 people about their experience, treat a customer badly and they will tell ten people about their experience.
QX9650 Quad(3.6 GHz)
Ultra 120 eXtreme Heatsink
eVGA nForce 790i Ultra
CORSAIR 2GB PC3-10600 DDR3
2 eVGA 8800 GTX
THERMALTAKE 1000W PSU
SILVERSTONE Temjin TJ10
XP Media Center Edition 2005
couponsmarter View Drop Down

Quote couponsmarter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 1:07am
trust me if you have a problem you thay will work it out with you.Clap
smitty View Drop Down

Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2008 at 3:59pm
Hi allClap
well coming up on my first year with my DS BrewZer machine and its was a graet machine untill the memory crashed But The DS team of Techs handeled the replacement great and with randys help  *learned me* (hehe) alot about the items in my computer, being the unit was getting a fix decided to have DS upgrade me too 4 ghz of memory and put in a 2nd 640 nvidia  the comp that was first purchased has these components
850w power silent toughpower
intel 2 quadQ6600 2.41066 mhzfsb 8mb cache
nvidia 680i core 2 sli A! revision
2ghz dominator duel channel1066mhz
1-250 hd # 2-80 hd 
8800 gts 640 evga nvidia
xtrem gamer sound card
stage 3 air cooling system twister booster overclocking 
case lighiting and the system was over clocked in all area the was abled to be OC inClap

this was a screamer and out performed my brothersClap
alien area 51 with the same specs xcept he has duel 760 nvidia and liquid cooled and 1 tera his cost 8779 .59

on return of the computer i sent in i recieved
 recieved the same kinda computer case with the 2 640 evga nvidia cards and i needed to buy my own 640 card DS had none  
and 4ghz of memory

BUT
NO over clocking done at all
 it had no working case fan in back
3 ghz of working memory
no case lighting
and NO stage 3 air cooled twister boost overclocked system
for cooling my machine these items mentioned are items that are Charged and payed for but was not done
plus i was charged for shippingDead

so all make sure you check your machine for what you pay for Cry

so was i ripped of of some paid for item or what you let me know

but all in all the tech randyClap and his team are great and the CSClap and that team are as good as dell gate way and hp no they are better then thos companies i know I have and use 3Dells 1 gate and a HP Blackbird they all have had problems but
We never Had a switch DeadCry from any of them or been charged for returning any of those computers for repairs or upgrade on shippingClap

Doc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 9:31am

as for ds support i only had to call it like 3 times.

to new customers give them time not all custem build pcs are the same and can have bugs. but trust me if you have a problem you thay will work it out with you. 
order 4410

Not to be negative, but as a near future buyer, this is bothersome. To borrow a line from someone, the best support is the support you never have to call. Having to call support on my new custom built, rigorously tested rig once, much less three times, would be a major negative in my mind. And there seems to be alot of problems with comps not working here. I do realize that people with problems are far more likely to post than those who have no issues. Most people aren't going to spend time here posting to say "Hey, no problems here." No problems are what is expected. I don't know how many computers DS sells, maybe the problems here are less than 1% of the computers they sell. I don't know. I'm an overwary consumer.
Clinton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Clinton Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 10:40am
Well it seems to me that the more you pay for the computer, the more likely you are to have a problem with something in it. This will happen no matter where you get it, and no company can stop it completely despite vigorous testing. The great thing that sets Digital Storm apart, is that they will stand behind everything they build and go out of their way to make sure you're satisfied. Not all companies will do that, in fact, most won't. My current system that was bought here in November runs great, and I love it. It's certainly not the best on the market, but it was worth every penny for what it can do.
smitty View Drop Down

Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 11:29am
thank you foryour replies guys
Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Doc

as for ds support i only had to call it like 3 times.

order 4410

Not to be negative, but as a near future buyer, this is bothersome. To borrow a line from someone, the best support is the support you never have to call. Having to call support on my new custom built, rigorously tested rig once, much less three times, would be a major negative in my mind. And there seems to be alot of problems with comps not working here. I do realize that people with problems are far more likely to post than those who have no issues. Most people aren't going to spend time here posting to say "Hey, no problems here." No problems are what is expected. I don't know how many computers DS sells, maybe the problems here are less than 1% of the computers they sell. I don't know. I'm an overwary consumer.

Doc, the thing to bear in mind when you read of problems, is that not only is it a low pecentage of customers having issues, but the reason you do not see any problems on the websites of competitors is that they either do not have a forum for customers to request help in, or they systematically remove any hint of trouble so that people cannot see the truth of the situation. DSO not only takes the rather unique, and courageous stand of allowing customers to communicate their problems in a public forum, but has the confidence in adressing those issues to allow forum participants to follow along as these issues are seen through to resolution.

Consider: with every company recieving components from the same sources, and also shipping via the same courriers, at least some of the same issues *must* have occured. Where is the mention of these problems on their websites? What is it they are afraid of that you do not see those issues mentioned in their forums, if they have forums hosted at all? A trip to resellerratings.com will reveal the truth of the matter. Companies that show nothing but glowing praise on their own websites yet have repeated complaints of half built systems shipping out the door. Cables simply thrown into a computer case loose. Loose components rolling around inside of the case, not seated into a motherboard, and not connected to PCI-e power rails, so quite probably *never installed*. Phone calls shuffled off to places unknown on the globe where "customer service" means someone being paid a couple dollars a day to read from a script. These are actual events taken from customer reviews of some of DSO's "competition", though I hesitate to call them that as it places them in the same category as Digital storm, and this is not something they deserve.

When you read through some of these horror stories, and then see that the problems encountered by customers here are so much less severe, I think it will put those fears to rest Doc. Problems will occur with any builder. It is the weight of odds. no system builder, no matter how thorough the testing they use, can catch every issue. No system builder, no matter how carefully they package their product, can avoid the kind of damage that courriers like UPS and yes, Fedex too, (sorry Workingman) can inflict on a package. These companies are also not without fault. Add to these issues operator error, or the myriad software conflicts that can look like a hardware issue at first glance, and there is no doubt you will see requests for assistance posted. In the end, it comes down to whether or not you want to deal with someone that is open about these problems, and responsive to your needs as a customer, or someone that wants to sweep you under the rug and shuffle you off to "customer support" in Asia.

IMHO, Digital Storm offers more than the budget build companies at a price point that cannot be matched by other companies that do provide a similar level of support. What you get with DSO is high quality at an amazing value price.

Edited by Tyler Lowe - 29 Jul 2008 at 12:41pm
MarkT View Drop Down

Quote MarkT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 1:32pm
Well said Tyler. one of the best posts of the year.

In fact, you have inspired me to post my story of my purchase so that more "positive" posts appear here.....look for it this weekend!

MARKThumbs%20Up
Mark T.
BRITinUS View Drop Down

Quote BRITinUS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 1:51pm
I can attest to 2 months of absolutely trouble free running with my DS system.  Still cannot keep the smile of my face everytime I boot it up!  Keep up the good work DS. Clap 

Martin

Edited by BRITinUS - 29 Jul 2008 at 1:51pm
DS 850Si, 1000W Corsair HX, nVidia 790i Ultra, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 (OC),
4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600MHz Dominator DHX, 150GB WD Raptor,
nVidia GeForce 9800GTX 512MB, Air Cooled Stage 3 WindTunnel
SunfighterLC View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 2:10pm

Mines been fine, no major problems for a month and half...tho about only half of it is original DS anymore...

E8500@ 4.03Ghz
XFX 790i Ultra
1000W Corsair HX
2 280 GTX EVGA FTW
4GB OCZ Reaper 1800Mhz
250-80-300GB VR HD
Logitech Z-2300 2.1 Speakers
Asus Xonar 7.1
Hanns-G HG 281D 28" HDMI Monitor
Doc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 2:18pm
That's a strong answer Tyler. I feel better.Big%20smile
smitty View Drop Down

Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 2:59pm
what did u do on it
SunfighterLC View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote SunfighterLC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2008 at 3:13pm
Origional Config:
Onboard sound (asus Xonar 7.1 now)
Single 9800GX2 (added a second, dumped that for 2GTX 280s)
80 and 250GB harddrives (added a 300GB Veliciraptor a week ago)
2GB DDR3 1333Mhz (added 2x2 1600Mhz DHX corsair)

Oh..and i bought some speakers and flipped the fans in the top of the case to blow out instead of in. P.S i did a test, it makes no different at all...and it makes no difference at all whether the fans were on or off..lol.
E8500@ 4.03Ghz
XFX 790i Ultra
1000W Corsair HX
2 280 GTX EVGA FTW
4GB OCZ Reaper 1800Mhz
250-80-300GB VR HD
Logitech Z-2300 2.1 Speakers
Asus Xonar 7.1
Hanns-G HG 281D 28" HDMI Monitor
 Post Reply Post Reply