Post Date: 2007-12-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thomas Lindemann View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thomas Lindemann Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My Review
    Posted: 17 Dec 2007 at 8:39am

First a little background. I'm not the smartest when it comes to computers I'm learning but not as smart as most that I see on this forum. I have owned a Dell XP 600 for about the last 2 1/2 years and to be honest I’ve been quite happy with it never had any problems with it except a video card that went bad (and was replaced under warranty). I'm an amateur gamer I play most games single player but got interested in online games a little while back and played Battlefield 2 online and absolutely loved it. I'm deployed to Iraq and planned on buying a nice system when I returned but got the bug and decided to go ahead. At first I wanted to build my own system but after pricing it and doing some research they were fairly close for an already built computer. I was searching for custom systems and came across Digital Storm honestly never heard of them before.  After reading through there forums and customer reviews I decided this is where I was going to buy my system.  There selling points that did it. 1. Price 2. Three year warranty 3. Technical support that was US based with English speaking techs. So now to my order.  At first there was some confusion most of it was due to the fact that I'm in Iraq and making a phone call wasn’t to feasible.  There online ordering system doesn’t except APO addresses so I ended up placing my order through an e-mail.  It was frustrating at first and seemed like it would never even get ordered but was eventually straightened out. After that it was all smooth sailing my build took about the time they advertised 5 - 10 days and I received an e-mail when it went through its stages. My shipping took a little longer because it was US Postal and when it gets to the port it becomes the US Army's problem to send it to an APO. But I expected this as it’s the holiday season plus the usual. When I received my system it was boxed well, the box had very little signs of being mishandled. Upon opening it I was quite impressed with the appearance of it. The case itself was quite handsome and very professional looking (to include the internals, wiring and the owners manual etc...). I plugged it in started it and it booted no problems what so ever. I loaded a game and Holy Sh*t there were colors and textures that I never even knew existed on some of my games. I have never been too picky about graphics or sounds in games but what a difference.  Most of my games I'm going to have to relearn how to play because there so different. Over all I’m very satisfied with my purchase.  Keep in mind I bought a system that was fairly close to the Twister Pro except I got a Core 2 Duo at 3.0 (over clocked) 2 Gigs of DDR2 at 1066mz and whatever the first audio card was. So it was basically a standard package but it fit my budget and needs.

brian View Drop Down

Quote brian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2007 at 9:32am
good review. i too have a FPO address. you made me feel better on getting a ds computer.
donkeypunch View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote donkeypunch Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2007 at 5:36pm
"Technical support that was US based with English speaking techs."

That was my biggest selling point as well. That and them being very polite. I'm glad you're enjoying your system. Japan and Iraq, snauza! Be safe guys and hope you enjoy the Holidays.
Why you all up in my puddin? :P
brian View Drop Down

Quote brian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 12:43am
hey..did you actually send to computer to iraq?
brian View Drop Down

Quote brian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 12:43am
hey..did you actually send the computer to iraq?
brian View Drop Down

Quote brian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 12:46am
lol...stupid fat fingers trying to type on my cell phone
Thomas Lindemann View Drop Down

Quote Thomas Lindemann Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 11:28pm
Yep sent it to Iraq Smile no problems.  You would probably be suprised the things that I have sent in the mail from overseas (I'm stationed in Germany)
Solo View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Solo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 11:38pm
what was your job in iraq ? where did you live? 
 Post Reply Post Reply