FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Vanquish II Level 3

Post Date: 2014-12-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Drift Spaceman View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Drift Spaceman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My Vanquish II Level 3
    Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 8:57am
So I purchased the Vanquish II Level 3 on Cyber Monday and finally (after way to long of a shipping trip) got it delivered to my house on December 12th.

At first, I was quite worried. the UPS guy when bringing it to my door had the box sideways and put it down on my doorstep the same way as I signed for it. I could clearly see the "This way up" written on the box, but he obviously did not? I guess?

Anyways, I knew it had one hell of a trip from the west coast, one that took too long, so I knew it probably wasn't treated with absolute care. needless to say I was pretty worried.

Upon opening the box, the rig was obviously tossed around a bit. The inside of the box had the "support" packing, the plastic sheet wrapped around the cardboard that suspends the rig in the box? You guys know what I'm talking about?
Well, it had that packing on one side, but not both, so the rig had bounced around quite a bit inside the box with markings in the inside of the box from the edges of the computer where it had hit, and pretty hard from the looks of it, so at that point I didn't have high hopes of the rig working properly.

I took it out of the box and inspected it, mostly everything was in place, I had to kind of reseat the graphics card a little bit and one of the "latches" that holds an extra hard drive in the hard drive bay was broken and bouncing around inside the case.
The good thing was that it was the lowest bay, and one that I'll probably never use, so that was good, but still, this rig had taken a beating on its trip.

So I let it warm up a bit since it was cold to touch and set up an area to turn it on and set it up before adding it to my gaming set up. Didn't want to wire it all in and then have to send it back if it didn't work.

I finally turned it on and it fired up like it had just been built!!!
I was extremely relieved about that!!

I got it all set up with usb wifi and wireless keyboard and mouse and updated to where it needed to be and then added it to my gaming set up.

So I now have it up and running like a champ, wired into my HDTV and another monitor which you can see in the pictures.

At this point I couldn't be happier!

I have been playing Far Cry 4 and a heavily modded Skyrim which I have waited years to play since first playing it on an xbox 360 and it looks amazing!

I plan on posting my settings for games for this particular rig, so If you are a Vanquish owner I welcome any input you have for running the games you are playing.

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 9:17am
Congrats and good to see the rough ride had no lasting effects.Strong

Nice review and pics. Awesome
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 9:30am
Question.....  What settings for Far Cry 4 are you using with the gtx 760?   Ultra, or High to very high?     Thanks.  
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 10:16am
Your setup is amazing..
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 11:51am
Well done, congrats, and thanks for the review.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 1:04pm
Wow, that's one awesome setup, thank you for posting your review. Whatever that got damaged in transit can be replaced by us, feel free to send photos to [email protected] with your order information so we can help you out.

Happy Holidays!

Quote Drift Spaceman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 8:24am
Originally posted by bprat22

Question.....  What settings for Far Cry 4 are you using with the gtx 760?   Ultra, or High to very high?     Thanks.  

Ok, so for me its going to be a bit different as my primary gaming monitor is a Vizio 1080p HDTV.

I have been playing around with the settings and found that I can run the game well at high settings at 1080p and keep frame rates above 30 and more towards 60 in most cases.

BUT...

If I run the game at 720p I can get Very High to Ultra at 60 FPS.

Again, I'm gaming on an HDTV at about 8 feet away, so I'll take the 720p if it means high res textures and all the effects at a high frame rate.

I know some people will argue the 1080p vs 720p thing and it's a legit argument on a higher resolution monitor but for couch gaming you can't tell the difference and my frame rates are great for huge open world gun play in a game like FC4.

I'm planning on making a video showing all this at some point, and I would like to start a thread just for Vanquish game settings.

I get that the Vanquish isn't a high end rig, but its still pretty kick ass and getting our settings optimal is something we should share.

I also realize that my set up probably isn't the norm.

Quote Drift Spaceman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Alex

Wow, that's one awesome setup, thank you for posting your review. Whatever that got damaged in transit can be replaced by us, feel free to send photos to [email protected] with your order information so we can help you out.

Happy Holidays!

Great thanks!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 8:55am
Thanks for the feedback.    Strong

That's about what I was thinking, the performance of the gtx 760 with Far Cry 4.  

Have fun. Big%20Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply