FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Velox Build

Post Date: 2019-03-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
twalls View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote twalls Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My Velox Build
    Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 2:32pm
Hello,

Here is my Velox build. I submitted the order on 2/25/19, but I did make a change afterwards on 3/1/19. I'm sure I went overkill on some stuff here, but I'm happy with everything I've chosen.

Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
      Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
      Motherboard: MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices)
      System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
      Power Supply: 750W Corsair RM750x (Fully Modular)
      Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
      Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Western Digital - Black Edition)
      Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 8GB (VR Ready)
      Sound Card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
      Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H100i PRO - 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
      Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
      Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects)
      Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System
      Airflow Control: CORSAIR Commander PRO Thermal Management Control Board & Software
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
      Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
      Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

I'm concerned because my order has been in Stage 1: Pending Production this whole time. This is my first order with Digital Storm, so I'm not sure if this is normal? I'm really excited, so I'm sure part of it is just me being anxious. They're probably super busy or have a part that is out of stock. Any thoughts from DS regulars?

Thanks,

Travis
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 3:26pm
Welcome to the forum walls !

I’m sure this build will fly in gaming!    Yeah there is a little overkill here with the $$$ Godlike mobo and 32 gb Dominator ram...but the rig will perform very well just the same.    Solid parts tend to make good dependable rigs.

Don’t worry too much about the Stage notices...pay attention to the 20-25 business days to ship out. You can clarify with DS exactly when that clock started for your order, but figure on shipment about a calendar month after your final order was processed. Hang in there!
twalls View Drop Down

Quote twalls Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 4:09pm
Thanks HockeyBuck!

Shortly after you replied, I got emails letting me know I was on stage 2 then stage 3!

Woohoo! Super excited!
ILLouminati View Drop Down

Quote ILLouminati Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 5:37pm
Damn. I ordered a Lynx Level 4 build on the 22nd of February and I'm still at stage 2. Fingers crossed that it comes in time!
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 5:45pm
Welcome to DS and congratulations on a very very nice system. Awesome
Do you have a monitor already? That configuration should rock about anything.
Just  so you know, the Velox is exclusive to DS. We also like to see pictures when you get it. That is if you don't mind. Excited
Enjoy. Big%20Smile
twalls View Drop Down

Quote twalls Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 7:12am
Originally posted by hoserator

Welcome to DS and congratulations on a very very nice system. Awesome
Do you have a monitor already? That configuration should rock about anything.
Just  so you know, the Velox is exclusive to DS. We also like to see pictures when you get it. That is if you don't mind. Excited
Enjoy. Big%20Smile

Thanks hoserator!

I have an Acer Predator XB271HU. It is 27", does 2560x1440@165Hz, and has G-SYNC. It has been a solid monitor for the past couple of years.

The Velox is part of the reason I went with DS. I find the inverted and opposite-side design appealing. I'll try to take some pictures when it arrives. There are apparently some differences in the current version of the Velox vs. what they show on the web site (for example, they no longer have the optical drive or ports on the front).
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:14am

AwesomeSweeeet!!
That's a top monitor and will mesh perfectly with that RTX. Strong

The Velox is a great case. The model has gone through some changes as the demand for their products has increased. They also used to install an additional fan in front of the gpus, attached to the acrylic panel. Sadly, as with the options you mention, no more.

Soon. Excited
twalls View Drop Down

Quote twalls Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:42am
Got an e-mail for stage 4! Woot!
twalls View Drop Down

Quote twalls Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 12:16pm
I'm getting a little concerned because my order is still on stage 4 (today is the 11th business day). I've heard that the stages aren't always accurately reported, so I've tried to focus on the overall 20-25 business days estimate. I made a change to my motherboard while in stage 1 on 3/1, so it has been 27 business days since then. It has been 31 business days since the original order was processed (2/25).

Honestly, if the answer is that things are just super busy or that they're taking their time to do things right, I'm happy with that. I'm just getting nervous that there might be issues with the build, etc. Really looking forward to the next stage update from DS.
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 12:34pm
Wouldn’t hurt to contact Alex and ask about the delay. Alex is DS management, and he can be very helpful getting stuck builds moving again.   [email protected]
twalls View Drop Down

Quote twalls Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 4:16pm
Thanks again, HockeyBuck. I got an e-mail later this afternoon confirming stage 5 has begun. I'm both relieved and excited!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 5:00pm
Hang in there, don't worry if your order seems stuck for a few days. It will all iron out within the overall estimate.
twalls View Drop Down

Quote twalls Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 5:25pm
Thanks, Alex! I see from the latest e-mail that I'm now on stage 6. I really appreciate it!
twalls View Drop Down

Quote twalls Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:08pm
My order went into stage 7 on Wednesday last week, 4/10. I got an order shipped e-mail on Friday, but the tracking info makes it look like the order was picked up from DS on Thursday afternoon. It was shipped via Saia LTL freight, and they estimate five days to make it to Florida.

There have been updates each business day showing progress. The package has traveled from California to Texas. All was looking good up until today. The package got to Houston around 11 PM last night, was unloaded around 3:15 this morning, and loaded on another trailer around 5:40 AM. Nothing has happened since then, and extra details have been added to the order about it being in "detention with power at origin."

https://www.saiasecure.com/Rules/view.asp?item=500

This makes it sound like it took too long, was late somehow, etc. and now it has been stuck in Houston all day. This is the second time I've ever received something shipped via freight, so I don't know what all is going on. It sounds like Saia is saying this isn't their fault, and the explanations I've found online makes it sound like they'd charge Digital Storm for the delay? Honestly, this is all bizarre and has me rather concerned. Anyone else ship via freight and deal with this? Anyone at Digital Storm know what might be going on?

Edited by twalls - 16 Apr 2019 at 3:13pm
twalls View Drop Down

Quote twalls Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 6:19am
It finally left Houston at around 1:20 this morning. No idea what happened, but it just sat there all night and all day. Glad it is finally moving again.
 Post Reply Post Reply