Post Date: 2008-08-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SteveOrenO View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SteveOrenO Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need a build for MMO's
    Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 11:25pm
I have a 20 inch LCD wide screen and need a comp that will play any MMO including War at the highest setting. Challenge is make it as least expensive as possible while leaving room for upgrades.

Thanks Big%20smile
Iraq Now View Drop Down

Quote Iraq Now Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 1:29am
I just recently purchased a build that I thought was fantastic for gaming, check out ticket 173232. Now, I dont know if that qualifies as not expensive for you, but I don't plan on upgrading it for a few years. Well, except for 2 more GB of Ram. I will do that later though.

Take it easy man,
Matt

PS To load that ticket, go to the main website, click Gaming Computer on the top menu bar, and then Load Ticket, again on the top menu bar. Type in number and enjoy.

Edited by Iraq Now - 17 Aug 2008 at 1:32am
"Thick as your thumb?Now, you can't do much damage with that now can you? Maybe it should have been rule of wrist instead!" Boondock Saints
widdlecat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote widdlecat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 5:49pm
I believe DSO's bang for buck configuration is a good start as far as an upgradeable serious gaming rig. If you wanna go cheaper still, you can switch to a different graphics card and upgrade later. To go much further and still have upgradeability would likely require going with an AMD cpu. To be honest, in that case, I would wait until their deneb 45nm Phenoms hit the market. They are able to OC much better and are basically a more efficient processor.
 Post Reply Post Reply