FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need a couple hits of advice

Post Date: 2010-10-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sbdruggist View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sbdruggist Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need a couple hits of advice
    Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 8:46pm
Re: 446572

Hi all, and thanks in advance for any info/help you give me :)
I am a heavy duty gamer, I play everything from WOW to Crysis, to Modern Warfare2, and cant wait for Medal of Honor 2010 to come out next tues YAAA !!
I think this system I put together is pretty close to what I think I need.
I was thinking the I7 chip was in a pretty good sweet spot for price/performance.  I have no need for raid, or the fast fast start up of a SSD .. although, with having windows on it, it sure prob wouldnt hurt.. (??) but not sure , never had one..
Is there anything here that is a glaring error, or maybe if I am wasting my $$, my budget is around $2,000, soft.
Thanks again
Druggist
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 9:46pm
to start the wireless card isn't recommended because it offers a much less dependable internet connection then wired. with that said if it is absolutely necessary then keep it.
I have heard the ssd can boot up windows in 20 seconds so thats really nice thing to have plus speeds up all the times something loads in your games like a map in mw2 or saving large files. anything when you are reading and writing to and from the ssd is much faster. so if you have the money for it i would do it. but a ssd is a luxary.
I think you should upgrade your gpu to the gtx 480. its offers much more solid gaming in hd and its basically what all your games depend on to run. upgrading the gpu would improve your game performance significantly.
With cooling don't go with the asetek liquid cooling. its cheap water cooling and doesn't help the temps much compared to a noctua fan. i would reccomend getting over stage 4 lq or going with the noctua u12p.
don't forget your free game :) under games: in software
For mcafee it is crap. it annoys the hell out of you all the timem and you would be better off using something free like microsoft security essencials or avg free.

with the upgraded video card and noctua cooler that bumps you up to $2203 if you can afford $143 more get a ssd if not then don't.

sorry about spelling typed too fast and chrome won't let me spell check after editing it so yea.

Edited by maxyme - 08 Oct 2010 at 9:47pm
Steam:pcmaster160
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 10:08pm
check out the guide in my signature for a lot of info on first time building, but as a build for your budget range i would do
 Post Reply Post Reply