FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need advice on First Time Custom PC Build

Post Date: 2021-02-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PhosClover View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote PhosClover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need advice on First Time Custom PC Build
    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 10:25pm
Budget:
[5000] If I can lower without losing performance quality that be great. I also understand that the wait time is long if I do purchase, I dont mind waiting longer to get the exact parts needed.

Expectations:
[long-term personal desktop; Powerful;fast; quiet; cool-stable temperatures; future-proof to an extent, little to no maintenance; easy DIY upgradeability for most/all parts.

Usage:
[heavy usage for gaming of all genres and future use for VR gaming RPGs/Open World/MMO/FPS etc. minor school-work/music/video editing/voice-acting editing/as hobbies]

Special Needs:
[I currently live in a room that gets dusty rather easily, wanted to inquire if the greater ventilation that velox offers would help or hurt me in the long run given my environment? temperatures do not go above 25 degrees celsius in my room. I also wanted to inquire about the liquid cooling system. I wanted to know if paying more the the Custom HydroLux PRO: for both GPU and CPU is needed or actually overkill for my purposes? What would warrant getting the HydroLux Pro?] THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Saved Ticket #: [ 3774153)]

Specifications:
Chassis
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Blanco White

Core Components
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X (12-Core) 4.8 GHz Turbo (BACKORDER ETA MARCH)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (Wi-Fi) (AMD X570 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)

System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.Skill TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)

Power Supply: 850W Digital Storm Performance Series (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)

Storage / Connectivity
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)

Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS) (NVM Express)

HDD Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)

Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3080 10GB (Performance Edition) (VR Ready)

Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)

HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)

HydroLux Fluid Color: Blue Flexible Tubing + Clear Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)

Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)

Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost OS: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Accessories / Goodies

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 4:20am
I'm the guy who wants to give you the best performance for the least money, and the least hassle. I personally do not like custom loop cooling at all. Not only is it totally not worth the money or the extra upkeep and worries down the road, but in the current environment of not-so-great shipping care, it's even a worse nightmare. that's my opinion, suit yourself. The dual-fan all-in-one cooler will do a great job.

I think you may do better going with the Ryzen 7 5800X. Avoid the wait. Your gaming needs will be well met for several years, and your productivity use is neither intensive nor frequent enough to demand all those extra cores. With the high-end board you have selected, you will be very well positioned to upgrade the CPU if the need ever shows itself.

There's no real use for two NVMe storage devices. The great speed is a game-changer for processing from your OS and apps, but is a waste for simply loading games/files. Make your Storage Set 2 a Samsung 2TB 860 EVO and maybe not bother with the HDD.

Everything else, good.

My build looks like this:

3774367     and saves time and money and headaches at around $1200 less.

It almost slipped by me... the "Disable/Tweak" is a waste of your money.

Edited by Cretae - 15 Feb 2021 at 4:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply