FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Build Recommendation 3D Work, Graphic Design,

Post Date: 2020-11-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ODCreate View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ODCreate Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need Build Recommendation 3D Work, Graphic Design,
    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 8:24am
Budget:
[3500-5000]
* If I'm shooting very low let me know*
Expectations:
[] - 3D modeling, rendering, and animation
- Video Editing
- Power efficient
- Gaming
- Up to 5 (5k) monitors (future proof for 8k)
- VR production
- AR production
- Control automated home/studio devices (not a necessity)
- High speed internet connectivity
- Multiple 4k camera support + streaming (3+)

Usage:
Design, Advertising, Gaming, Video editing, Video Streaming

Special Needs:
RGB heavy 😬

Edited by ODCreate - 14 Nov 2020 at 8:25am
HI!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 4:04am
I'm strictly a gamer. Not at all that you are at the wrong site, just that I'm unaware of any frequent Forum visitors that know very much about such "heavy lifting" as you require. For example, in the Workstation/Studio area, there a half dozen or more video set-ups that I've barely even heard of.

The video requirements you're talking would seem to be out of reach of your budget. If there is such a thing as "8K future proofing" possible for multiple monitors, it would seem the video subsystem alone would be $4000 or more.

We are mostly gamers here at the Forum. I wouldn't really think it would be wise to trust what a user has to say about your needs. DS, however, has every kind of expert, and they don't go in much for overselling IMHO. They want a customer for life as a great many of us are. They can set you on the right course, and explain frankly what they think you need and why.

I think I can comment, should you not be aware, that the AMD line of Threadripper CPUs will give you more cores at a lower price than anything Intel has to compete with. They are very highly regarded processors. Try for an NVMe SSD as they use the PCIe bus and are 5 times as fast as SATA drives. You very much want one of those for your operating system and primary software.

Other than that, the video requirements are totally out of my league.

Edited by Cretae - 15 Nov 2020 at 4:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply