Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bamafan View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bamafan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need Config Help
    Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 3:53am
Budget:
under 5k if possible

Expectations:
Setup to be SLI for RTX 2080 TI 11Gb in the future, but only purchase 1 card for now! Best i7 processor/motherboard i guess since the new i9's will not really be involved in gaming or 4k, and basically air cool if possible? Not so understanding regarding temperatures now, versus temperatures in future when it is SLI.

Usage:
4k gaming and will be investing in good monitor in future, most likely single monitor acer predator x34

Special Needs:
N/A

Saved Ticket #: Hoping for you guys and former customers to suggest

Specifications:
If I should take advantage of any holiday sales or package deals let me know because this will be a tight budget when i pull the trigger in a month or so to purchase this.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 5:29am
Originally posted by Bamafan

If I should take advantage of any holiday sales or package deals let me know because this will be a tight budget when i pull the trigger in a month or so to purchase this.

DS doesn't announce upcoming sales or specials. Back to school and Black Friday are things, but they're not guaranteed things. Also, other than the configurations, there's really no "package deals" to be had.

Best thing to do, IMHO, is to plan a budget and a build and when the two agree, pull the trigger on the deal. If you get any bonuses like sales or specials just consider it gravy and get the best system for you as soon as you can.

Remember the old saying: "If I always wait for the ~next thing~, I'll never have ~any thing~."

Cheers!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:19am
Here's a config that should fit your needs.   It allows for an additional 2080Ti with the sli capable mobo and 1000 watt psu.

The cpu Turbo clock on a single core is 5.0 Ghz and then matches the little cheaper 8700k at 4.6 Ghz on 2 cores, 4.5Ghz on 3 cores etc.  If in the budget might as well get the little extra clock speed on the 8086k.   

The Corsair cooler isn't air but a sealed unit requiring no maintenance, dependable  and will perform better than the air coolers offered here.

I put in the optional Corsair ML Pro fans,  I have them and they are very quiet, look great with the lighting and are adjustable for airflow if ever needed.

The Velox case has a right facing window.  If your desk setup would prefer a left facing window, get the Lumos.  Both cool great.

The system warranty is 1 year parts.  You might consider upping it to 2 years parts, but up to you.  Most parts carry a manufacturers warranty beyond DS warranty.

The mobo isn't the top of the line you mentioned, but unless you need special features on the higher end then this will do it.

Configuration Code: 2046938
Total Price with Instant Savings: $4,548.00

Direct Load URL: https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=2046938

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7-8086K (6-Core) (5.0Ghz Turbo Boost - Special Edition) <br><strong></strong>
Motherboard: MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z370 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices) <br><strong></strong>
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX1000 (Fully Modular) <br><strong></strong>
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 860 EVO) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (Founders Edition) (PRE-ORDER ETA 9/20) <br><strong></strong>
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H100i GTX - 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance) <br><strong></strong>
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Corsair ML PRO Series (High Static Pressure) (Magnetic Levitation) <br><strong></strong>
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes) <br><strong></strong>
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Hope this helps.    Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 15 Sep 2018 at 7:20am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:53am
YEP! Nice rig.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday might pay off for you, but you can't count chickens like Snaike said. And the wait could be awful. I ordered Cyber Monday (~27 Nov) and got mine 4 Jan because of all the holidays and heavy orders. Shipping to FLa took 9 days due to weather and holiday weekends! Just sayin'.
Bamafan View Drop Down

Quote Bamafan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 10:57am
Love the setup, wishing i had a bit more dough (still trying to save) to upgrade the hard drive a bit more, but overall I like it! Now who wants to buy my old DS ODE 3? Any other advice anyone wanna shoot regarding this setup?
Bamafan View Drop Down

Quote Bamafan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 6:49pm
is the PSU gonna be enough to safely SLI 2 RTX 2080s in the future with just 1000?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 1:30am
The 1000 watt psu for sli 2080Ti was somewhat of a guess. Until I see actual testing on it, can’t say 100%.     Each card can draw 250 watts, same as a 1080ti, and sli 1080Ti works fine at 1000 watts.

Also, when DS does start building and shipping, if they find their load testing needs more, they let you know. I wouldn’t be surprised if builders already have some cards for testing and the configuration is fine at 1000 watts.

Bamafan View Drop Down

Quote Bamafan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:45pm
okay just making sure, and would my "non SLI setup" have elements for SLI preinstalled for the future? Or do i need to place that under special instructions?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:57pm
Being a modular psu, I can’t say for sure DS would run the added PCIE cable for the second graphics card.   I think they do, but you can talk to them, do special instructions or just run the cable yourself when needed.    I would mention it in special instructions.

Post Reply Post Reply